Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Insurrectionist's family suing for ten million

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
woodworker

Re: Insurrectionist's family suing for ten million

Post by woodworker »

Aren't they a little old for most of the Republicans?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That is the most horrific thing I've seen in relation to the Jan 6th attack.
Hic sunt dracones
filly

Post by filly »

Just a note: the really good personal injury lawyers are now charging 40%.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Babbitt believed she was part of "the Storm". That is the event where Democrats were going to be executed. She was no innocent and I don't give a shit if she had or didn't have a gun on her. It was right to have perceived her as a threat, as she was behaving in a threatening manner, ignored the police officer's warning that he would shoot if she continued to attempt to enter the room and she was among an angry crowd that would have rushed that room had she succeeded in getting inside. Fuck her family and fuck her. I don't believe in hell, but people like her sometimes make me wish I did.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm Babbitt believed she was part of "the Storm". That is the event where Democrats were going to be executed. She was no innocent and I don't give a shit if she had or didn't have a gun on her. It was right to have perceived her as a threat, as she was behaving in a threatening manner, ignored the police officer's warning that he would shoot if she continued to attempt to enter the room and she was among an angry crowd that would have rushed that room had she succeeded in getting inside. Fuck her family and fuck her. I don't believe in hell, but people like her sometimes make me wish I did.
Some claim she couldn’t hear the orders to stop, but the aimed guns were a clue. Yes, they would have gotten to members of Congress and had been fired up to kill. I thought at least some of her family had given up on her and her QAnon obsession.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The investigation further determined that Ms. Babbitt was among a mob of people that entered the Capitol building and gained access to a hallway outside “Speaker’s Lobby,” which leads to the Chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives. At the time, the USCP was evacuating Members from the Chamber, which the mob was trying to enter from multiple doorways. USCP officers used furniture to barricade a set of glass doors separating the hallway and Speaker’s Lobby to try and stop the mob from entering the Speaker’s Lobby and the Chamber, and three officers positioned themselves between the doors and the mob. Members of the mob attempted to break through the doors by striking them and breaking the glass with their hands, flagpoles, helmets, and other objects. Eventually, the three USCP officers positioned outside the doors were forced to evacuate. As members of the mob continued to strike the glass doors, Ms. Babbitt attempted to climb through one of the doors where glass was broken out. An officer inside the Speaker’s Lobby fired one round from his service pistol, striking Ms. Babbitt in the left shoulder, causing her to fall back from the doorway and onto the floor. A USCP emergency response team, which had begun making its way into the hallway to try and subdue the mob, administered aid to Ms. Babbitt, who was transported to Washington Hospital Center, where she succumbed to her injuries.

Return to “Current Politics”