Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Southern Border

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Suranis

The Southern Border

Post by Suranis »

Because Stupid has to go somewhere.

Ran across these 2 graphs when having an argument online basically saying that 2019 was worse for Migrants and why you blame Biden if you not blame the Fat

This first one is from a UN article that 2019 was the worst year for Migrant fatalities https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/01/1056202

Graph
Migrants 01.jpg
Migrants 01.jpg (35.59 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Second one is one I just found on an image search
Migrants02.jpeg
Migrants02.jpeg (311.93 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: The Southern Border

Post by neonzx »

Do you know what it costs to come over that border from Mexico (safely with a coyote)? Average is US $14,000.
And that doesn't guarantee anything once on this side. Kinda wild when you think about it -- how desperate does one must be to spend that.

Yes, I know many, many who have done that. On this subject, consider me BOTG. 8-)
Lani

Post by Lani »

Posts about the border are all over the forum. Thanks for creating a separate area for border information.

I'm disgusted by constant drumming about "illegals." If they are allowed in, they are asylum seekers. They have a human right to seek asylum. The US has a nasty history of refusing asylum seekers, including Jews during the Nazi regime and after. Thousands were denied and sent back. I recently posted the story of one family that escaped to Shanghai - one of the few places that accepted fleeing Jews.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Meanwhile, Gov. Abbott is still complaining about Covid and the border...

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I :heart: Chris Hayes.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Psaki told Fox News' Peter Doocy that his depiction was inaccurate -- Doocy then went on Fox News and said that she confirmed the depiction and purposefully left out a pivotal part of Psaki's statement - that the migrants in question are being sent back.

Just complete lies.
tek

Post by tek »

Had Morning Joe on for a bit this morning..

The MSM is full steam ahead on "Look how badly Biden is screwing this up"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

tek wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:16 am Had Morning Joe on for a bit this morning..

The MSM is full steam ahead on "Look how badly Biden is screwing this up"
I had it on for about 30 seconds and saw that. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Reason #79 I loathe J Scarborough is that he bases his phony objectivity on the fact that he calls out* Dems as often as he calls out the GQP. His metric is simple: If I call out the R's ten times, then I have to call out the Dem's ten times. He built up quite a deficit during the former guy's reign, and now he's making up for it. Forget context; forget relative seriousness; forget logic; forget if the person you're calling out* has any control over what you're calling them out* for. Just bloviate.

I am torn by the fact that Morning J is far and away the No. 1 cable show in the AM hours.

Blech.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 027223002/
PHOENIX – Gov. Doug Ducey wants to dispatch National Guard troops in response to the migrant surge at the U.S.-Mexico border, he said Friday — and he wants the federal government to pick up the tab.

"Our sheriffs need help. Our mayors need help. Border patrol needs help," the Republican leader said on Twitter, capping off more than a week of blistering criticism of President Joe Biden's immigration policies.

"In Arizona, we’ve previously deployed the National Guard to the border to support law enforcement. I’ve requested federal reimbursement for deployment, so we can do it again and get this crisis under control."

A Governor's Office spokesman said Ducey had a "productive" conversation with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas but did not offer details regarding when and where troops may be deployed.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hmm.. let's see...

Spring agricultural and construction season is starting up. With life slowly opening back up again, more restaurants are gearing back up. The hospitality industry, especially for resort areas, is likely getting ready to open larger this year.

I can't imagine why there might be a surge of immigrants. It must be Biden and the leftists' fault.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bartiromo on Fox complains that Biden's taken so many weekend trips to Delaware vs how many times Trump set to the border. :roll:

Edit: video.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If anyone can stand it, watch Cruz and Kennedy discussing their border adventures on Bartiromo's show. I can't even begin to recap the crazy talk.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... guatemala/
PANZÓS, Guatemala — The team of nutritionists looked at 11-month-old Dilcia Cajbon, her ribs visible through her skin, and they knew immediately.

“Severe acute malnutrition,” said Stefany Martinez, the leader of the UNICEF team, as the child was lifted onto a scale.

Like many in this rural stretch of Guatemala, Dilcia’s family was down to one meal a day. Storms had flooded the nearby palm plantation, the biggest source of local employment. To eke out what little the family had to eat, Dilcia’s mother had held off on giving her youngest child solid food.

As more and more Central American families arrive at the United States’ southern border, the municipality of Panzós offers a stark illustration of the deepening food crisis that is contributing to the new wave of migration.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Number of children held in Border Patrol facilities drops 84% since peak last month”:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/29/politics ... index.html
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Return to “Current Politics”