Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by Frater I*I »

"MAMGA"

Make American Meth Great Again...even thou it was a sub-par product that got overtaken by a better made foreign product, why does the GQP hate capitalism...

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

MichaelJ wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:00 pm
Lawmaker suggests there were two sides to history of slavery
https://www.wyofile.com/lawmaker-sugges ... f-slavery/

What an ass. His opinions are as stupid as his haircut.
CHEYENNE – A freshman Wyoming legislator suggested Wednesday that there are two sides to the history of American slavery, and that Black Americans are “stuck” in a mentality he called “worse than slavery itself.”
For our next topic Holocaust.: let's hear the other side's point of view.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.rawstory.com/amp/devin-nune ... ssion=true
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) received widespread scorn after suing a parody Twitter account posing as his mother. But now the controversial Republican's real mom has caused him a political crisis.

The story was reported by The Daily Beast under the headline, "Devin Nunes' Mom F*cked Up His Campaign Finance Reports."

"Two political committees belonging to Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) have spent the past two days filing amended FEC reports to correct errors and omissions by their treasurer: his mom," The Beast reported. "The fundraising committees—Nunes Victory Fund, and his leadership PAC, NEW PAC—have also removed Nunes' mother's email address and replaced them with an unspecified 'Treasurer 1' and 'Treasurer 2.'"

"Those emails serve as contact points for the Federal Election Commission, which sends notices called "Requests for Additional Information" (RFAIs) when compliance officials flag errors or inconsistencies. The FEC sent anadditionalfivenoticeson Thursday and Friday to the conservative's official campaign committee, where Toni Nunes has run the books since her son's first congressional bid in 2002," The Beast explained. "All but one of the campaign's 2020 FEC reports filed by Nunes' mom contain material errors, according to the RFAIs. Flaws include duplicate contributions from GOP mega-donors such as Home Depot CEO Bernie Marcus ($50.5 million career giving), billionaire energy mogul Kelcy Warren ($23.8 million), and investor Rex Sinquefield ($12.2 million)."
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
Sorry Charlie
@smacktuna
Replying to
@sahilkapur
Old Meth Farmer had a farm G O G O P And on his farm he had a lab G O G O P With crackhead here and a crackhead there - here’s some crack there’s some crack everywhere theres crack crack...... WTF? And Daine’s most likely will still get the “farm vote” in Montana. G O G O P....
9:48 PM · Mar 26, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I was just about to post the Daines meth nonsense. What the hell was his point? As one of my favorite sayers of sayings said one time...that was some weird shit.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think his point was that there is LOADS of Mexican Drugs coming in. Back in His day it was all HOMEGROWN AMERICAN drugs that were killing people and wrecking lives. Now it s MEXICAN DRUGS!!
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm I was just about to post the Daines meth nonsense. What the hell was his point? As one of my favorite sayers of sayings said one time...that was some weird shit.
Mexican cartels are taking ‘merican jobs and making an inferior product.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:09 pm
RVInit wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm I was just about to post the Daines meth nonsense. What the hell was his point? As one of my favorite sayers of sayings said one time...that was some weird shit.
Mexican cartels are taking ‘merican jobs and making an inferior product.
:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by pipistrelle »

Gov. Mike Huckabee
@GovMikeHuckabee
I’ve decided to “identify” as Chinese. Coke will like me, Delta will agree with my “values” and I’ll probably get shoes from Nike & tickets to @MLB games. Ain’t America great?
9:18 AM · Apr 3, 2021
Lani

Post by Lani »

:roll:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:crazy:

and stupid, and racist, and, and, and........................................................................
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

What, no attack on the LGBTQ community, Huck? If you’re a Republican these days, it’s not enough to express mere racism. You gotta touch all the bases if you want to be relevant. Try harder.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

The sarcastic "Ain't America great?" at the end is what really fucking pisses me off. This is the same group of people from whom we have heard no end of the ridiculous jingoistic "I love my country" bullshit for the last twenty goddamn years. Anyone who dared criticize American domestic or foreign policy was accused of being part of the "blame America first" crowd. But when they realize that the social contract might require them to be nice to "other" people, they're ready to blame America first.

Why does Mike Huckabee hate America?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:14 am
[sarc] Cuz women don't vacume the house in heels, pearls, and pleated dresses like June Cleaver did ... any more.[/sarc]
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 am
[sarc] Cuz women don't vacume the house in heels, pearls, and pleated dresses like June Cleaver did ... any more.[/sarc]
Do you mean to tell me there's something wrong with the Beaver, Ward?
Il factotum
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:14 am Why does Mike Huckabee hate America?
Mike Huckabee is what happens when Eddie Haskell grows up.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think its a stupid statement designed to get attention by making libs mad. And everyone obliges rather than doing the correct thing : Yawning.
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:46 pm I think its a stupid statement designed to get attention by making libs mad. And everyone obliges rather than doing the correct thing : Yawning.
The only thing that yawning does is allow the rot to continue. Ignoring something never makes it go away.
Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 pm
Suranis wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:46 pm I think its a stupid statement designed to get attention by making libs mad. And everyone obliges rather than doing the correct thing : Yawning.
The only thing that yawning does is allow the rot to continue. Ignoring something never makes it go away.
Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.
I don't think Sur was yawning at the statement, but at the faux outrage.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Yup.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Cant think of anywhere else to put this

Georgia republicans feel betrayed by Coca Cola and Delta Airlines speaking out against their voting bill. They consider hiking Taxes on them to punish them.

https://crooksandliars.com/2021/04/geor ... d-coke-and
Hic sunt dracones
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Amazing. They decry "cancel culture," then call for boycotts. :roll:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:25 am
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Better not let his wife hear you say that. Janet overcame cancer and KNOWS how to shoot. Mike would comment often about who was the head of that household and it wasn't him.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Todays senior Republicans grew up when ads and TV tended to show housewives in department store house dresses and mid-heels.

May have had something to do with this-

In the Cold War, Makeup Was a Weapon
How red lipstick was part of the US’s arsenal.

https://www.racked.com/2017/8/28/161640 ... war-makeup
When you think of the Cold War, you probably don't think first of Dior-clad moms with atomic hairstyles vacuuming their living rooms in heels. Or Elizabeth Arden-inspired women, with their red lipstick and stiletto nails, clicking their way down Third Avenue in a sweep of crinoline and gingham. Or sweater-set-wearing girls getting the ribbon in their hair just right before heading out the door. But in a war of ideologies — where it was consumerism versus communism, Us versus Them — women became soldiers and their compacts became bullets.

When the freedom to spend separated Americans from Soviets, consuming — everything from ranch homes to the newest TV sets — became patriotic. But there was a special emphasis on how those purchases especially helped women: With all the new vacuum cleaners and washing machines available, that freed up more time for homemakers, allowing Mrs. Housewife to slick on her lipstick, smooth her bubble cut, and serve her casserole dinner with a smile.

That idea became clear in the “Kitchen Debate," a televised conversation where President Richard Nixon and Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev stood in a model home’s kitchen display, a setup meant to resemble the suburbs, goading each other's shortcomings. Microwaves and electric ovens became metaphors for ideologies, and pointing at the shiny, white linoleum, Nixon said, "In America, we like to make things easier for women. What we want to do, is make life more easy for our housewives." While the Russians might have been ahead with rockets and Sputnik, Nixon said, America would come out on top because of domesticity.
Looking back to the 1950's it was a different time. All my mother's women friends wore lipstick when going out even if it were only a casual visit to a neighbor or a quick trip to a store. All my lady teachers wore lipstick, dresses or skirts (never pants) at school. In high school the girls in the choir were required to wear lipstick and heels during performances.

In those days we high school boys had to wear ties, trousers with creases and dress shoes to school. Would change as soon as I got home to kept the school clothes neat. ;)

My mother used to tell the story about when she had her appendix out as a teenager in the 1940's. She begged the nurse and doctor not to remove her lipstick during the operation. They didn't.

(I seem to recall reading, perhaps decades ago, that June Cleaver always wore pearls because Barbara Billingsley had some marks or discoloration on her neck.)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”