Andrew Mark Cuomo (D-NY) 56th Governor of NY

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Andrew Mark Cuomo (D-NY) 56th Governor of NY

Post by Luke »

Wow. We revered Andrew's Dad in NY and have known Chris since the 90's.

Mario.jpg
Mario.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 4310 times

Tragedy for everybody involved. The independent investigation needs to happen; no doubt GOP monkeys are looking to take him down for 2024. Keeping an open mind but we need to hear from the Gov in detail and soon.

Third woman accuses Cuomo of harassment
By MARIE J. FRENCH 03/01/2021 08:19 PM EST

ALBANY, N.Y. — A woman who met New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the first time at a wedding has accused him of making an inappropriate advance, according to the New York Times. Anna Ruch, 33, told the Times that the governor — who is under investigation by state Attorney General Tish James' office for alleged harassment of two former aides — placed his hand on her back. The governor then put his hands on her cheeks and asked to kiss her after she removed his hand.

The Times account is accompanied by a photo of the governor holding Ruch's face. She told the Times she felt "uncomfortable and embarrassed." Ruch was not a state employee. But the unwanted advance from the governor, 63, is likely to escalate calls for his resignation. Ruch said she was so disturbed by the encounter that she had to ask a friend who witnessed it whether his lips had touched her as she pulled away. The friend said the governor had kissed her on the cheek.

“I didn’t have a choice in that matter," Ruch told the Times. "I didn’t have a choice in his physical dominance over me at that moment. And that’s what infuriates me."
https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... nt-1366341

It's spiraling.

Cuomo 2.JPG
Cuomo 2.JPG (62.84 KiB) Viewed 4310 times
Maggie.JPG
Maggie.JPG (80.68 KiB) Viewed 4310 times

Tom Winter @Tom_Winter
NEW: New York Attorney General Letitia James receives a referral letter from the governor's office authorizing an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Notably, the letter says there will be a final public report and...
2:48 PM · Mar 1, 2021·TweetDeck

that the normal weekly briefing reports that BOTH AG James and Gov. Cuomo would normally receive updating them on the investigation will NOT occur in this inquiry.

In other words Cuomo will not receive weekly updates on the investigation into his own conduct, as state law allows

STORY: What's next and what the AG's inquiry means for NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... t-n1259202
Andrew Mark Cuomo is an American politician, author and lawyer serving as the 56th governor of New York since 2011. A member of the Democratic Party, he was elected to the same position his father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms. He has served as chair of the National Governors Association since August 2020. Wikipedia
Spouse: Kerry Kennedy (m. 1990–2005)
Born: December 6, 1957 (age 63 years), Queens, New York, NY
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Andrew Mark Cuomo (D-NY) 56th Governor of NY

Post by Frater I*I »

Yeah, keep an open mind, but knowing the ideological purity of the Dems, his chances at the big boy chair are over combined with the nursing home debacle.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm not a fan of my governor, but I hate to see him go down this way. If he's earned it though, he's earned it. As you sow, so shall you reap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Although he seemed to do well with the pandemic in NY last year, I've never trusted him as a solid Democrat. I hope things work out for him if he's not guilty of anything, but I won't be sorry to see him out of the race.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 pm
Andrew Mark Cuomo is an American politician, author and lawyer serving as the 56th governor of New York since 2011. A member of the Democratic Party, he was elected to the same position his father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms. He has served as chair of the National Governors Association since August 2020. Wikipedia
Spouse: Kerry Kennedy (m. 1990–2005)
Born: December 6, 1957 (age 63 years), Queens, New York, NY
They go through governors pretty fast up there.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Wait a minute... everyone seems to be hunting for Andrew Cuomo’s head while JIM Jordan & Madison Cawthorn walk/wheel around freely?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:33 am Wait a minute... everyone seems to be hunting for Andrew Cuomo’s head while JIM Jordan & Madison Cawthorn walk/wheel around freely?
Ironic, isn't it?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Not to forget one Donald "Grab them by the Pussy" Trump.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Things turn bad in the first ten seconds. I guess they don't turn, they just start out there. She comes off as very credible. There is a particularly poignant section at 3:30 where she says, "I feel like people put the onus on the woman to shut that conversation down, and by answering I was somehow engaging in that or enabling it, when in fact I was just terrified." Geez, what am I doing here? It isn't _she_, she is Charlotte Bennett, and her allegations deserve investigation.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ms. Bennett is an exceptional young woman. With her history, she's clearly rightfully sensitive. If Cuomo doesn't deny the questions, at the least he's insensitive and inappropriate. She says he never touched her. Was this the generational/Italian way of thinking (our Italian family was very touchy/huggy even with strangers, Biden and the Irish are/were too) and she read too much into it, or was he really abusing power in such a destructive way? It's a tragedy all around, we need to see the investigation. In my businesses, this would have gone straight to outside counsel for investigation; but we'd keep it quiet until there was a investigative result. Guess with the power of a Governor that wasn't an option, but hate seeing this play out in the media when we just don't know what happened in that room. I'm glad Ms. Bennett already has another position, she has a great life ahead of her.
Charlotte Bennett is a white woman from New York, United States. Here are 13 more things about her:

From 2009 to 2013, she attended John Jay High School in Lewisboro, Westchester County, New York. (a)
From 2011 to 2014, she was a member of the ambulance crew of Katonah Bedford Hills Volunteer Ambulance Corps in Katonah, Westchester County. (a)
From 2013 to 2017, she attended Hamilton College in Clinton, Oneida County, New York where she earned her bachelor’s degree in women’s studies. She also minored in psychology and creative writing. In 2016, she attended the University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland. From June 2016 to August 2016, she was a state legislative and policy intern at SurvJustive, a non-profit in Washington, D.C., USA that provides legal services to sexual violence survivors. (a) (b)
From 2014 to 2016, she was a volunteer at Hope’s Door, a non-profit in Pleasantville, Westchester County that provides counseling and resources to survivors of domestic violence. (a) (b)
From 2015 to 2017, she was a volunteer at The Center for Sexual Assault Crisis Counseling and Education in Stamford, Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA. (a) (b)
From September 2016 to February 2017, she was an education intern at Planned Parenthood in Utica, Oneida County. (a) (b)
While in Hamilton College, she founded the Sexual Misconduct and Assault Reform Task-Force (SMART) in October 2016 and the Policy Advisors for Sexual Assault in January 2017. She served as the director of the latter until May 2017 and the policy committee chair of the former until September 2017. (a) (b)
From May 2017 to September 2017, she was a campaign volunteer at Kitley Covill for Westchester County Legislator in Westchester County. (a)
From September 2017 to December 2017, she became a policy intern at Cornerstone Government Affairs in Washington, D.C. (a)
From December 2017, she was a public health associate at Cornerstone Government Affairs. (a)
From January 2019 to July 2019, she was a special assistant to 56th New York governor Andrew Cuomo. She was his executive assistant from May 2019 to June 2020, senior briefer from June 2019 to June 2020 and policy advisor for health from June 2020 to November 2020. (a) (b)
She was 25 years old when she revealed in February 2021 that on June 5, 2020, she was alone with Cuomo in his office in The New York State Capitol in Albany, New York. That day, he complained to her about being lonely during the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and asked her numerous questions about her personal life, according to her. She said he asked her whether or not she thought age made a difference in romantic relationships and told her he was open to relationships with women in their 20s. (c)
In November 2020, she became a primary maternity care consultant. She became a policy analyst and director of operations in January 2021. (a)
a. Charlotte Bennett
b. The New Agenda
c. The New York Times
https://conandaily.com/2021/02/28/charl ... s-ex-aide/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

How could he have been so stupid??? Grrrrr. :brickwallsmall:
3 hours ago - Politics & Policy
Sens. Schumer and Gillibrand call on Cuomo to resign
Axios

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand issued a joint statement on Friday calling on New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) to resign amid multiple allegations of sexual misconduct and inappropriate behavior.

The big picture: They are among the most powerful Democratic voices to call on Cuomo to step down.

By Friday evening, all U.S. House Democrats from New York had called for the governor to resign or said if Cuomo cannot continue to govern effectively, he should leave office. New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli issued a statement on Twitter Friday, saying that the "allegations are extremely disturbing and are impairing Governor Cuomo’s ability to lead, as our state struggles through a crisis and must make critical budget decisions. It is time for him to step down." Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), chair of the House Intelligence Committee, also told CNN Friday that the New York governor should leave office. On Thursday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and 59 New York state lawmakers called for Cuomo to resign.

What they're saying: “Confronting and overcoming the Covid crisis requires sure and steady leadership." Schumer and Gillibrand said in the statement. "We commend the brave actions of the individuals who have come forward with serious allegations of abuse and misconduct." "Due to multiple, credible sexual harassment and misconduct allegations, it is clear that Governor Cuomo has lost the confidence of his governing partners and the people of New York. Governor Cuomo should resign.”

Cuomo reiterated earlier on Friday that he would not resign, despite the mounting calls. "I did not do what has been alleged. Period," Cuomo said, stressing that New Yorkers and politicians calling for his resignation should wait for the results of the independent investigation overseen by the New York attorney general. Our thought bubble via Axios' Kadia Goba: The growing requests from lawmakers calling on the two-term governor to resign leaves Cuomo in an awkward position with local and federal officials who need to work together on the COVID relief rollout.
https://www.axios.com/schumer-gillibran ... e381c.html
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

We needed him so much. But not at this price. He crossed the Clinton line, which we now know, and it's time to go.
Hamartia as it pertains to dramatic literature was first used by Aristotle in his Poetics. In tragedy, hamartia is commonly understood to refer to the protagonist's error or tragic flaw that leads to a chain of plot actions culminating in a reversal from felicity to disaster.

What qualifies as the error or flaw can include an error resulting from ignorance, an error of judgement, a flaw in character, or a wrongdoing. The spectrum of meanings has invited debate among critics and scholars and different interpretations among dramatists.

Hamartia is first described in the subject of literary criticism by Aristotle in his Poetics. The source of hamartia is at the juncture between character and the character's actions or behaviors as described by Aristotle: "Character in a play is that which reveals the moral purpose of the agents, i.e. the sort of thing they seek or avoid."
Luke

Post by Luke »

The perfect way to put it p0rtia. Walt Fitzpatrick believed you're a drone strike operator... if we need to activate you it will be the Red Playbook. :towel:

Investigations need to continue and ultimately the voters of NY will decide how much pressure there will be. Really sad to see this after a lot of positive accomplishments. And to think he was being considered for AG... a disaster was averted. Thanks, Biden*.
New York Dems to Cuomo: Drop dead
By MYAH WARD 03/12/2021 06:26 PM EST
Presented by Brilliant

BREAKING — New York’s two Democratic senators, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, said Andrew Cuomo, the state’s Democratic governor, should resign.

NO GO FOR CUOMO — But Cuomo isn’t budging.

After a sixth allegation of sexual misconduct surfaced this week, New York Democrats in Congress and state legislators in Albany called on him today to resign, Cuomo said once again that he has no plans to take their advice. “Let the review proceed. I am not going to resign,” Cuomo said on a conference call with reporters. He added that quitting now would be “bowing to cancel culture.” Nightly chatted with Albany-based New York Playbook writer Anna Gronewold over Slack about what happens next.

What stood out to you about Cuomo’s press conference today?

I was struck, but not entirely surprised, by how energetic he sounded after weeks of devastating news coverage, especially damning new reports in The New York Times and New York Magazine about a culture of fear, harassment and intimidation in his office. Cuomo came out ready to fight, even throwing slight shade at more than a dozen New York Democrats in Congress who announced in tandem this morning that they wanted him to resign. I didn’t expect him to resign today — I think the poetry of resigning the same day Eliot Spitzer did in 2008 would be almost too much for anyone to bear. But his commitment to waiting until the results of at least two investigations comes out, and the matter-of-fact manner that he stated Covid-19 stats at the beginning of the press conference were a pretty clear stance that he’s not going to let anyone, even broad coalitions of his former political allies, take him out without a fight.

Do you think there’s anything that would lead him to resign?

So far I’ve been wrong whenever I’ve answered that question, so please don’t put any of your hard-earned money on my answer. But I think if Cuomo decides to step down of his own accord, it would be because he saw definitive numbers that he had lost the majority of voters. Despite the intense coverage, a lot of this is swirling around Twitter, journalists and the political sphere. We'll get new polling soon (and I assume that the Cuomo admin has its own internal numbers) that would show how many average New Yorkers want him to resign. Last numbers we had on that, 55 percent said he should stay in office (March 4).

If he doesn’t resign, where does this go next?

There are currently two investigations into his alleged misconduct, which so far ranges from inappropriate “predatory” behavior to literally groping a woman beneath her shirt. One is from state Attorney General Letitia James. It’s unclear what she is looking for or what she might find, but if the results are particularly damning, it would be irrefutable. Cuomo has consistently said New Yorkers should wait on her findings to establish their opinions of him. The second investigation was authorized yesterday by the Assembly, and is the first step in impeachment. There is broad support in the Legislature to move ahead with that process, but that could take weeks to months. Due process is at times a long and messy process, and depending who you ask that can be good or bad. The only other time a New York governor has been impeached was in 1913. (Read this fun account from Dr. Terry Golway)

Things are obviously moving fast. What should we be watching for this weekend?

On a granular, kind of wonky level, the Senate and Assembly are supposed to release their one-house budgets in the coming hours or days. The budget process is historically dominated by the governor, partly because of how the New York process works and partly because of how Cuomo has for years been able to strong-arm the legislature to get his way. It’s possible that Cuomo is in a weak enough position that it will embolden the Senate and Assembly’s Democratic majorities to get a little bit riskier with their proposals. They’ve got an enormous upper hand at the moment. On a larger level, no one I’ve spoken with — even Cuomo loyalists — think that these are the last of the allegations to come out.
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/po ... ead-492082

* Maybe the first torch pass from Thanks, Obama to Thanks, Biden. OK cool :P
Lani

Post by Lani »

Cuomo's challenger has a few problems.
Two days after a former lobbyist accused him of sexual misconduct in a Washington Post report, Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) on Sunday publicly apologized, vowed not to seek reelection and abandoned a possible run against New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo.

Reed said in a statement that he was “struggling” in early 2017, when the incident occurred, and entered treatment for alcohol abuse that year.

Reed recently has been weighing a bid to unseat Cuomo (D) and had called for the governor to be impeached amid allegations that he sexually harassed multiple women, mostly state employees. Since he was elected to Congress in 2010, Reed has cast himself as a champion of women’s rights.

In the story that published Friday, Nicolette Davis, a former lobbyist for Aflac insurance, said that Reed rubbed her back and unhooked her bra during a gathering with other lobbyists at a Minneapolis pub in 2017. She was 25 years old at the time and on her first networking trip. He was 45.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And the latest:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... m-n1261701
U.S. Rep. Tom Reed, a Republican from western New York who was accused last week of rubbing a female lobbyist’s back and unhooking her bra without her consent in 2017, apologized to the woman on Sunday and announced that he will not run for reelection next year.

Reed, 49, said in a statement that the incident involving then-lobbyist Nicolette Davis occurred “at a time in my life in which I was struggling.” He said he entered treatment that year and realized he was “powerless over alcohol.”
This is a very good immediate response.

If he actually doesn't run again (bit IF), my respect for him will be boundless. Truth and Reconciliation is the best way to reduce societal acceptance of sexual harassment and abuse.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I don't know how deep he had to dig to find that crumb if integrity.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, state attorney general report says
The New York attorney general's investigation into sexual harassment allegations against Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo found that Cuomo sexually harassed multiple women, Attorney General Letitia James announced Tuesday.

The office found that Cuomo harassed current and former state employees, as well as a number of women outside of state government, James said, as the office released a lengthy report on the investigation.

The investigation into the sexual harassment claims is one of several that the state attorney general's office has launched into Cuomo and his inner circle, as a political firestorm has raged around the governor in recent months. The controversies that have swirled around Cuomo are a far cry from the acclaim he received at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
filly

Post by filly »

He needs to go! Now! There is an election coming up and Trumper Congressman from Long Island, Lee Zeldin, is running. A Trumper Governor will pardon Weisselberg and the Trump Organization. The only Democrat I can think of to run is Tish James. But I don’t know much about the Democratic bench anymore.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Yes, he needs to go. The rule in the media is that one bad Democrat excuses 25 bad Republicans. :(
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Pretend you're reading a 500 word rant on why Cuomo should have stepped down months ago, because the reported harassment/aggression crossed way over the line of unwanted public kisses, and how viciously ironic it is that under his leadership in the past year and half, NY has been top of the nation against COVID, and has enacted the most progressive legislation. While DeSantis sits like a toad in Tallahassee.

And don't get me started on nursing homes.

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
filly

Post by filly »

We were doing some errands and listened to Cuomo in the car. I found it totally revolting, as did Mr. Filly.

I've endured sexual harassment for my entire adult life. I was sexually harassed by co-workers. I was sexually harassed and basically stalked by a Justice of the Texas Supreme Court, for years. I am so disgusted by all of this.

I used to watch Cuomo daily in the early days of the pandemic. I thought he was a good communicator. But this behavior is so reprehensible, he needs to go!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I find results of Cuomo investigation inexcusable and unacceptable. Full stop.

But, if you support a former President who’s been accused of rape and sexual assault by dozens of women, a man we all heard boast about grabbing a woman by the pussy…

Shut the hell up. Really.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

Biden calls on Cuomo to resign after bombshell sexual harassment report
  • President Joe Biden called on Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign Tuesday, following a report that Cuomo sexually harassed 11 women.
  • “He should resign. I understand the state legislature may decide to impeach, I do not know that for a fact,” Biden told reporters at the White House.
  • Biden said last March that Cuomo should resign if allegations of sexual harassment leveled against him at the time were true. On Tuesday Biden said he stood by his March statement.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/biden-c ... eport.html
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Unlike Biden, he can actually do something.

Return to “Current Politics”