Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Post by Volkonski »

LM K wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:08 pm Alternate juror in Derek Chauvin trial says medical expert convinced her of ex-officer's guilt

[url=https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/us/derek ... index.html]

:snippity:

"I think he over-promised in the beginning and didn't live up to what he said he was going to do," she said.

:snippity:
Many years ago I sat on a jury in a murder trail in Harris County Texas (Houston and surrounding areas). The defense attorney in his opening statement made quite a number of claims but then during the trail failed to support any of them. We found the defendant guilty. Now the defense's case was very weak to begin with but over promising what they would present just made it worse.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Lady Bird sayz what?

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:mad:

Asian Man In Critical Condition After Another Attack In New York City

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/25/99064700 ... ium=social
A 61-year-old Asian man is fighting for his life after an attack by an unidentified assailant in New York City on Friday evening. The assault is being investigated by police as a possible hate crime.

In surveillance video released by the New York City Police Department's Hate Crime Task Force, the victim can be seen being pushed to the ground by an unidentified man, who then kicks him in the head multiple times.

The victim — who has not been publicly identified — was rushed to a local hospital, according to police.

No arrests have been made as of Sunday.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Texas Teacher Resigns After Sending Photo of Her Foot on Black Student’s Neck to the Child’s Mother as a Joke
A white Texas teacher has resigned after she took a picture of her foot on the neck of a Black student and then sent the picture to the child’s mother.

The Lamar Elementary School teacher, who has not been identified, apparently was friends with 10-year-old Zaelyn Jackson’s mother and said the photo was sent as a joke. Still, Jackson’s family found nothing humorous about the text message they said was sent moments after a guilty verdict in the Derek Chauvin case. The former Minneapolis police offer was convicted of murdering an unarmed Black man, George Floyd, after kneeling on his neck for nearly 10 minutes in May 2020.

Newsweek reported that the teacher told Jackson and his friends that if the young boy didn’t stop misbehaving, she would put her foot on his neck. The students said she would not, and that’s when Jackson got on the floor and the photo was taken.

Jackson told CBS DFW that he believed what his teacher was doing was a joke, telling the outlet, “She didn’t put pressure on it or anything.” His mother shared similar sentiments saying she knew the teacher for years and doubted the photo was sent with any malicious intent.

Meanwhile, the boy’s aunt, Lakadren Jackson, shared the photo on Facebook, calling it “unacceptable.” She added, “Under no circumstances should this have happened. This is my nephew and his teacher, and she thought it would be funny to do some sh-t like this.” Jackson’s father, Shamell, said, “I don’t really understand the whole situation, but all I know is it was never suppose to happen.”

The school district confirmed that the photo was authentic but called it “staged.” They also revealed they “immediately contact the family to check on the student to ensure his well-being.” On Tuesday, April 20, parents in the distant Dallas suburb received a letter from Greenville Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Demetrus Liggins stating that the incident would be investigated.

“I was highly disgusted by it without having any additional information,” he explained. “That is not who we are. That picture does not define our teachers. It does not define the way we treat our students and what the expectation is throughout our district.”

He added, “After a year of lots of trials and challenges due to the pandemic, to have this occur on the day that it occurred, the optics again were just not good at all regardless of the intentions.” :mad:

Trustees were set to discuss the teacher termination during their weekly meeting after learning of the incident. However, she resigned before they could do so. Superintendent Liggins said in a statement, “We deeply regret the distress this incident has caused, and I am accepting the teacher’s resignation.”

Liggins revealed that the incident would also be reported to the State Board for Educator Certification to determine if any further action is necessary regarding the employee’s teaching certificate.

“In Greenville ISD, we strongly believe that all individuals, especially the students entrusted to our care, must be treated with dignity and respect,” Liggins said. “We will address the seriousness of these activities with our entire staff. We will also develop strategies to address future staff training.”
-The teacher threatened to put her foot on the student's neck as a fucking disciplinary action.

-This occurred the same day, and just after, the Chauvin verdict was announced.

-The district Superintendent is whining about "the optics". :mad:

-Sadly, the mom accepted that this action was probably not malicious.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jason Campbell
@JasonSCampbell
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but candidly there isn't much Native American culture in American culture"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

What a snob.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 pmWhat a snob.
You have a very kind and generous way of saying "ignoramus," p0rtia. You're a nicer person than I.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

101010 :towel:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:37 pm
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but candidly there isn't much Native American culture in American culture"
Given how much of our democratic/republic system was inspired by contemporary first nations, this really says a lot about how much republicans respect, well, our democratic institutions.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Rick obviously never ate corn or potatoes, or read some of the legislation from 1800's. :bag:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:47 pm
p0rtia wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:38 pmWhat a snob.
You have a very kind and generous way of saying "ignoramus," p0rtia. You're a nicer person than I.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Oh man, I'd forgotten that deep cut. :bag:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:40 pm Oh man, I'd forgotten that deep cut. :bag:
I instinctively say "What a snob." :P

Now I'm going back to informing CNN that they are amplifying racism on the level of the KKK. #mediacomplicit
LM K

Post by LM K »

I just started a new thread to discuss the shootings of Black people.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=519
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Edited from Wikipedia.
Santorum attended elementary school at Butler Catholic School and then went on to the Butler Senior High School.
After his parents transferred to the Naval Station Great Lakes in northern Illinois, Santorum attended the Roman Catholic Carmel High School in Mundelein, Illinois, for one year, graduating in 1976.
Santorum attended Pennsylvania State University for his undergraduate studies, graduating with a B.A. degree with honors in political science in 1980. He then completed a one-year M.B.A. program at the University of Pittsburgh's Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, graduating in 1981. In 1986, Santorum received a J.D. degree with honors from Dickinson School of Law.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

What a snob.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:50 pmWhat a snob.
He's always been an entitled POS. Snob just begins it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chicago-

Man who allegedly drove pickup into group in Logan Square because he was angered by ‘yuppies with dogs’ is charged with 4 counts of attempted murder, police say

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/bre ... story.html
Police said Nielsen was arrested soon after the attack, in which “he intentionally jumped a curb in his vehicle and drove at a group of pedestrians gathered for a picnic,” according to the statement.

A 42-year-old woman had been briefly trapped under the red Ford F-150 and was seriously injured, according to police and fire officials. She was released from the hospital Sunday morning, her friend Rob Lopez — who also was a witness to the attack — told the Tribune.

The group of about 10 people had been gathered on the median in the 2900 block of West Logan Boulevard about 5:15 p.m. when, according to some in attendance, a nearby motorist began yelling at them and an argument ensued. Members of the party that was targeted said the driver had been angered by the presence of “yuppies with dogs.”

Lopez said the man also shouted anti-Asian comments at a member of the party before gunning the truck toward them.
LM K

Post by LM K »

My mister is Japanese. His parents met when his Dad was stationed in Japan and his Mom was an English translator.

My mister is 6'2". His Dad was 1/2 Cherokee and German, so he's a giant Japanese man. He's had some disturbing dreams due to the anti-Asian hate crimes.

Because mister is a giant, no one is likely to screw with him. But he feels more vulnerable than he has in the past. Which is sad.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

LM K wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:30 pm My mister is Japanese. His parents met when his Dad was stationed in Japan and his Mom was an English translator.

My mister is 6'2". His Dad was 1/2 Cherokee and German, so he's a giant Japanese man. He's had some disturbing dreams due to the anti-Asian hate crimes.

Because mister is a giant, no one is likely to screw with him. But he feels more vulnerable than he has in the past. Which is sad.
"Sad" seems such an inadequate word in this context.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

LM K wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:30 pm My mister is Japanese. His parents met when his Dad was stationed in Japan and his Mom was an English translator.

:bighug: I am so sorry. This is awful and another reason the former con man shouldn't be given any platform from which to spew hatred.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Natalie Allison
@natalie_allison
Now on the Tennessee House floor, Rep. Justin Lafferty is yelling about how the three-fifths compromise was good. Republicans applaud. Members of the black caucus are huddling in groups.
The 3/5th compromise only existed in the context of slavery so.........
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s well beyond racism.

Return to “Current Politics”