Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Gay Marriage / LGBTQ Rights / Equality Act

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: Gay Marriage / LGBTQ Rights / Equality Act

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 pm
There is a place for them in the Episcopal Church where we actually believe in God's love. We don't take the Bible literally, we take it seriously.
:thumbsup:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:59 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 am Uh, Legos is a Danish company. I'm pretty sure they've been for equality for a long time.
Correct. And it's privately held, not publicly traded.
And they've been making multi colored bricks since day one.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

keith wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:32 am
neonzx wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:59 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 am Uh, Legos is a Danish company. I'm pretty sure they've been for equality for a long time.
Correct. And it's privately held, not publicly traded.
And they've been making multi colored bricks since day one.
And 10yo me was building with them. That's how they turned me gay-ish. Those LEGO blocks.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I love how the left is "woke" but the right are "wide awake!" according to this hateful man's ranting.

:rotflmao: also (too) :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Milo Yiannopoulos says that as soon as he became "ex-gay," dogs stopped barking at him, which he believes is a sign from God.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Don't negotiate with insurrectionists. @WonderDogAbides 6h
Replying to @RightWingWatch

Milo, if the dog is too busy humping your leg instead of barking, it's because you smell like a bitch.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

He became an "ex-gay"? During Pride Month? Just to get back to some sort of public notoriety? :think:

This is the dude who used to brag about all the dicks he had sucked, amirite?

Did he go through some sorta "cure the gay" therapy at a church or sumpin'?

Seems a bit suspicious, IMHO. :smoking:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

He just found his self a new grift. Homophobic xtians are easy marks if you pretend to repent.
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperi ... ticipants/
Who was at Stonewall?

Raymond Castro was not the kind of person who worried about the police when he was a young man socializing in 1960s Greenwich Village. "I was never afraid of the cops on the street," he said, "because I was not an obvious person. I was not flaunting my homosexuality to anyone. I wasn't holding hands. It would never have occurred to me to try and have a confrontation with them [because] you don't want to be arrested for any stupid reason. I never had any problems with the police. I never had problems with anyone anywhere, until that night."

Dick Leitsch was listening to the radio while packing for a trip to London when he heard a report about trouble in front of a gay bar in Greenwich Village. "I got in a cab," he recalled, "but couldn't get any closer to Stonewall than 14th Street, so I got out and walked."

When police raided the Stonewall Inn, a popular gay bar in the Greenwich Village section of New York City on June 28, 1969, the street erupted into violent protests that lasted for the next six days. The Stonewall riots, as they came to be known, marked a major turning point in the modern gay civil rights movement in the United States and around the world.

Participants of the 1969 Greenwich Village uprising describe the effect that Stonewall had on their lives in this article.

This article was published in conjunction with our doc, Stonewall Uprising, now available to stream on our website and the PBS video app.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

That makes sense, Estiveo. Thanks.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:08 am He became an "ex-gay"? During Pride Month? Just to get back to some sort of public notoriety? :think:

Interesting way of admitting you're an incel.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:08 am He became an "ex-gay"? During Pride Month? Just to get back to some sort of public notoriety? :think:

If he wants to pretend he is an "ex-gay" now, then nobody told him he needed a total makeover (wardrobe, hair, etc), just for starters. :roll: But even that would not be enough to be saleable.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Justice Department says it can ‘vigorously’ defend religious schools’ exemption from anti-LGBTQ discrimination laws
The Justice Department in a court filing Tuesday said it can “vigorously” defend a religious exemption from federal civil rights law that allows federally funded religious schools to discriminate against LGBTQ students, a move that surprised some LGBTQ advocates who said the wording went further than just an obligation to defend an existing law.

In the filing, the Biden administration said it “shares the same ultimate objective” as the conservative Christian schools named in the case.

“What this means is that the government is now aligning itself with anti-LGBTQ hate in order to vigorously defend an exemption that everyone knows causes severe harm to LGBTQ students using taxpayer money,” said Paul Carlos Southwick, director of the Religious Exemption Accountability Project, which filed the case in March on behalf of dozens of current and past students at conservative religious colleges and universities. “It will make our case harder if the federal government plans to vigorously defend it like they have indicated.”

At issue in Hunter v. the U.S. Department of Education are 40 LGBTQ students at conservative religious colleges and universities who are suing the government for its role in providing funding to schools with discriminatory policies. The schools say they have a First Amendment right to promote traditional religious beliefs about sexuality and gender.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion ... ality-act/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's appalling. Rachel was just grousing on Merrick Garland.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

On Telegram, Lauren uses gay slurs to imply Frank Luntz & Kevin McCarthy are together since they aren't homophobes like her.

Luntz.JPG
Luntz.JPG (94.21 KiB) Viewed 4490 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

‘Sesame Street’ takes a big leap for LGBTQ visibility, introduces gay dads with a daughter
Sesame Street is celebrating Pride Month by going where it’s never gone before.

This week, the iconic children’s show dropped a very special episode called “Family Day,” introducing two gay dads, Frank (Alex Weisman) and Dave (the brother of Nina, played by Chris Costa, who works as a bike store owner on the street), and their daughter, Mia (Olivia Perez).

Directed by Alan Muraoka, who currently plays the owner of Hooper’s Store on the program, the episode focuses on Big Bird, who thinks his grandmother (Granny Bird) can’t make a party before he’s surprised by his neighborhood family.

Muraoka shared the exciting news on Facebook, saying he was “honored and humbled” to have directed such a milestone episode.

“Love is love, and we are so happy to add this special family to our Sesame family. Happy Pride to all!!!!,” he wrote.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Wow, hadn't seen Sesame Street in decades. Stepfamilies, gay families, interracial families... that's amazing. Still astonished at how far America has come.

But even early on, there were black and white kids and the Muppets helped show everybody could be different. Did some work with Joan Ganz Cooney, just looked and she's still around at 91 (November 30, 1929). Bless her.

There's a new docu out about the show. "Street Gang: How We Got to Sesame Street" is streaming on Fandango, Vudu and prime video. Article about the show includes:
I love Cooney’s theory about commercial jingles. She figured that, if kids could sing beer commercials after hearing them, they could learn their letters and numbers in songs, too.
https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/loca ... me-street/

True!

Here's 1970, Oscar was orange in color still. Can't believe it all came back, the music and animation and all. But it repeats everything over and over so no wonder. And Mahalia Jackson!
Originally aired on January 26, 1970, it's Episode 56. The main street story has Mr. Hooper (Will Lee) making the orange version of Oscar (Caroll Spinney) an awful sounding baked bean sundae. Gospel and civil rights legend, Mahalia Jackson, is the big time musical guest singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". 58 years old at the time, she retired in 1971, and died of heart failure and diabetes complications in 1972.

Other than many cartoon repeats, we have the debut of Kermit's (Jim Henson) Lecture about the word IN with an early green version of Grover (Frank Oz) and a monster surprise, Fred, performed by Jim Henson with a slowed down voice; the repeat of Kermit's Hair Lecture with Beautiful Day Monster; Ernie (Jim Henson) and Bert (Frank Oz) play the What Happens Next game, also new; Buddy (Brandon Maggart) and Jim (James Catusi) pack shoeboxes; Bob (Bob McGrath) welcomes a great horned owl and a Dorset lamb; and Gordon (Matt Robinson) reads "Dandelion" by Don Freeman. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing that, Neon, brought back some happy memories.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:21 pm Thanks for sharing that, Neon, brought back some happy memories.
You're welcome. Also from the yahoo news article:
Throughout the decades, Sesame Street has stood up for equality by welcoming several out celebrities on the show — including Ellen DeGeneres, Billy Eichner, Billy Porter and recently Lil Nas X.

While most of the response has been positive, there has been quite a few anti-LGBTQ critics. Last year, Porter responded to the homophobic attacks that came after his February 2020 appearance, where he [wore] the velvet tuxedo gown and jacket by gay designer Christian Siriano, which became iconic after Porter wore it at the 2019 Oscars.

“If you don’t like it, don’t watch it,” Porter told Page Six at the time. “What about me singing with a penguin [on the show] has anything to do with what I’m doing in my bedroom?”

“The really interesting thing for me is that that’s what it’s all about when it comes to LGBTQ people — the first thing everyone wants to talk about is how we having sex,” Porter added. “Stay out of my bedroom and you will be fine — that is none of your business
.”
Lani

Post by Lani »

Breaking News

1 dead, 2 injured by pickup truck at Pride parade in South Florida
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/2-p ... KF62A23PQ/
WILTON MANORS, Fla. — One person was killed and two people were injured Saturday evening when they were struck by a pickup truck just as a Pride parade was beginning in South Florida, a city official said.

The white pickup truck was lined up with other floats in the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Wilton Manors when the driver hit the gas and struck the two victims, WPLG reported.

Several media outlets, including the Sun-Sentinel, WPLG and WSVN, said one person had died, citing Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, who attended the event.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Update at link above.
The twilight parade, themed “Out of the Darkness, Into the Light” began in Wilton Manors at around 7 p.m., but the crash reportedly took place in Fort Lauderdale, WSVN reported.

It seems increasingly probable it was an accident. Still filled w sadness.

— Chris Caputo (@chris_caputo) June 19, 2021
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Shit, we almost went tonight with Dean Trantalis, he's an old friend. He's an attorney and has done so much for South Florida. Haven't talked to him since this happened, will reach out tomorrow.
Dean Trantalis was first elected mayor of Fort Lauderdale in 2018 and was re-elected in November 2020. His 2018 election represented the largest victory in city history for a candidate running for a first term as mayor. The 2020 election was also by landslide proportions and featured the largest turnout ever in a city race.
https://www.fortlauderdale.gov/governme ... about-dean

Hope Dean is wrong but in that same article --
Trantalis disagreed, calling it “a terrorist attack.”

“This is a terrorist attack against the LGBT community,” Trantalis told WPLG. “This is exactly what it is. Hardly an accident. It was deliberate, it was premeditated, and it was targeted against a specific person. Luckily they missed that person, but unfortunately, they hit two other people.”
In another story, Dean thinks they were going for Debbie (she's our congresswoman). Apparently the driver was wearing a Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus t-shirt.
Trantalis said the truck missed Wasserman Schultz’s car “by inches” before crashing through a gate and into a plant nursery. He believes it was a deliberate attempted attack of the Democratic congresswoman.
It's just too soon to know but it's so sad for the kids who have been waiting to get out after COVID and have some fun. Tragic.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Always important to wait for the full story.
The driver and the victims were all members of the Fort Lauderdale Gay Men’s Chorus, according to chorus President Justin Knight.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected,” said Knight, who was not at the scene but recognized the driver from video. “Our fellow chorus members were those injured, and the driver was a part of the chorus family. ... To my knowledge it was an accident. This was not an attack on the LGBTQ community.”
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-ne ... story.html
Luke

Post by Luke »

Return to “Current Politics”