Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Sharon Bess Hanjian Wirth Rondeau Rated F "Questionable Source"

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
realist

Re: Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Rated A "Questionable Source"

Post by realist »

:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I'm not a soda drinker anymore, but that comment thread is making me crave a Pepper -- "Be a Pepper, drink Dr Pepper..." :lol:
realist

Post by realist »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:48 pm I'm not a soda drinker anymore, but that comment thread is making me crave a Pepper -- "Be a Pepper, drink Dr Pepper..." :lol:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

neonzx wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:48 pm I'm not a soda drinker anymore, but that comment thread is making me crave a Pepper -- "Be a Pepper, drink Dr Pepper..." :lol:
Me too but only at 10, 2, and 4. ;)
bob

Post by bob »

P&E comment:
Rondeau wrote:From author Joseph DeMaio:
DeMaio wrote:Just when you thought that an end to the inane “look-at-the-shiny-object” deflective comments about Coca Cola and Dr Pepper (note the omission of the period after “Dr”) had arrived, “Luke” renews attention to the issue. Once again we are treated to a typical Alinsky-liberal tactic: latch onto a topic completely unrelated to the substantive issue, then discuss it into the ground hoping that everyone will forget about the main issue.
Looks like DeMaio is peeved people would rather discuss Dr. Pepper than his idocy. :towel:
Image ImageImage
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Wouldn't you like to be a pepper, too?

bob

Post by bob »

P&E comments:
Dennis Becker" wrote:Apparently both Dr Pepper/7UP and Coca Cola have bottling plants in the North Dallas area. Coke also has a corporate office.

I believe the Dr Pepper plant is in Plano so it is highly likely the can Mr. DeMaio was drinking was not bottled by Coca Cola.

This is a little off topic but is bottling the correct term for when they fill an aluminum can? Shoulding it be canning?
Rondeau wrote:Response to “Dennis Becker” from Joseph DeMaio:
DeMaio wrote:The Becker comment that the term “canning” might be preferred to “bottling” of Dr Pepper as being “a ‘little’ off topic” (The Four Amigos Letter – The Post & Email) earns him the Alinsky “look-at-the-shiny-object” award of the day. Congratulations! And, BTW, we still await a response from “Wilson,” “Luke” or anyone else regarding whether the 4 Amigos Letter facilitates – or instead frustrates – the search for the truth. And please, spare P&E readers the nonsense that the “truth” has purportedly already been established in Maricopa County. If that were “true,” why would the Democrats be conscripting $1,000/hr. attorneys to threaten legal action for even searching for the truth?
Dennis Becker wrote:So what did you decide about drinking Dr Pepper? Is it okay for the boycott of Coca Cola or not?

Off the topic of Dr Pepper versus Coke for a moment. Why is it that the right also accuse the left of Alinsky tactics and the left always accuse the right of Goebbels’ Big Lie tactics?
DeMaio's article has fallen off the P&E's front page, and DeMaio is still bickering over people not bickering with him to his standards.
Image ImageImage
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bob wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 pm "For completeness":
[some jerk] wrote:Regardless of where each batch of Dr. Diet Pepper is bottled, Coca-Cola derives revenue from its consumption. If the demand for it is lessened, Keurig Dr. Pepper wouldn’t need to outsource its production to Coca-Cola.

The facility in Plano, Texas appears to be a corporate office, and not a bottling plant.

Regardless, switching to Diet Pepsi would be a more effective boycott of Coca-Cola.
I should point out that Pepsi is headquartered in Purchase, NY, a leafy northern suburb of NYC, the center of all that is liberal and non-white in America. Also, the previous CEO of Pepsi from 2006-2019 was Indra Nooyi, who is neither white nor male. (I've met her on several occasions at investor conferences, and she is the real deal, BTW.)

What's a racist Trump cultist to drink, with the three major soft drink producers all failing to play the racist card on demand?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 pm What's a racist Trump cultist to drink, with the three major soft drink producers all failing to play the racist card on demand?

The KoolAid!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 pm
What's a racist Trump cultist to drink, with the three major soft drink producers all failing to play the racist card on demand?
Sterno :smoking:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:54 pm
Sterno :smoking:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 pm "For completeness":
[some jerk] wrote:Regardless of where each batch of Dr. Diet Pepper is bottled, Coca-Cola derives revenue from its consumption. If the demand for it is lessened, Keurig Dr. Pepper wouldn’t need to outsource its production to Coca-Cola.

The facility in Plano, Texas appears to be a corporate office, and not a bottling plant.

Regardless, switching to Diet Pepsi would be a more effective boycott of Coca-Cola.
I should point out that Pepsi is headquartered in Purchase, NY, a leafy northern suburb of NYC, the center of all that is liberal and non-white in America. Also, the previous CEO of Pepsi from 2006-2019 was Indra Nooyi, who is neither white nor male. (I've met her on several occasions at investor conferences, and she is the real deal, BTW.)

Wasn't there some Dr Pepper conspiracy theory some years ago? I think it was the one that caused be to introduced to things like Snopes and Crooks & Liars.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

It was TruthOrFiction.com that I read it at.

This post is dated as 2015, but it was actually from 2001-2002ish (I remember learning about the site when I was still up north teaching so pre-fall 2004.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/drpepper/

This can still be a good thing to poke DaMaio with. They sort of really did leave out "under God" though they were also not including the entire pledge.
Edit: This was one of my earlier moments of searching the internet for info to debunk some rumor.
101010 :towel:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

northland10 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:47 pm It was TruthOrFiction.com that I read it at.

This post is dated as 2015, but it was actually from 2001-2002ish (I remember learning about the site when I was still up north teaching so pre-fall 2004.
https://www.truthorfiction.com/drpepper/

This can still be a good thing to poke DaMaio with. They sort of really did leave out "under God" though they were also not including the entire pledge.
Edit: This was one of my earlier moments of searching the internet for info to debunk some rumor.
Yeah, a friend sent that in a chain email (remember those?) back in early 2002. I did a reply all to debunk him, and he was so upset (read: embarrassed) that he refused to ever talk to me again. I think he also had the wrong company.
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Who is Telling “The Big Lie”?:
"OVERTURN" OR EXPOSE?
The story itself is unimpressive, but it follows Rondeau's formula for her birther articles. E.g.:
Despite sworn statements and testimony taken between November and January 2021 attesting to widespread ballot fraud in the “swing” states of Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania, after the intrusion at the Capitol cut short its session, Congress reconvened and approved Biden’s “election.”

The votes cast by members of the Electoral College on December 14 reportedly reflected the popular vote in each state or commonwealth. Officially unexplained is how an unprecedented 27-million-voter increase was reported over turnout in the 2016 presidential election.
I think "Big Lie" will eventually replace Obama as her evergreen.
Image ImageImage
sterngard friegen

Re: Sharon Rondeau's The Post & Email - Rated F "Questionable Source"

Post by sterngard friegen »

Every time I see this thread I want to replace the "A" with an "F."

I've done so.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

sterngard friegen wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm Every time I see this thread I want to replace the "A" with an "F."

I've done so.
:clap:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I responded:

You say "sworn statements and testimony." Does that include the sworn statements placing counties in the wrong states, or the sworn statements claiming that someone told the affiant (the person making the sworn statement or affidavit), or the sworn statements where the affiant claimed that their vote was really counted and then it was discovered that said affiant wasn't a registered voter, or the testimony of a temp hired for one day to wipe off computer screens. The Trump campaign had the opportunity to introduce all of this "evidence" to actual judges and to claim fraud, but for some reasons (discussed below), neither the Trump campaign or any of his lawyers ever claimed fraud in their lawsuits. In fact, they often specifically said that they were not claiming fraud.
Why didn't they claim fraud -- because they would have been subject to sanctions if they couldn't show evidence, real admissible in a real court of law evidence, supporting their claims. So despite your statements about "sworn statements and testimony", apparently the Trump campaign and his lawyers realized that they were all a load of crap and refused to claim fraud in court.
As to the increase in number of voters, the number of voters has gone up every presidential election and both Trump and his campaign bragged about how they were bringing out NEW voters. Unfortunately for Trump, many of these new voters voted for Biden.
And if Democrats somehow managed to commit this massive voter fraud, then how did Republicans pick up a lot of House seats and barely lose the Senate? How did Senators Collins, Graham, Cornyn, and McConnell hold onto their seats?
I could go on and continue to cite real evidence, not conspiracy theories, but then that is not what you want to hear, or publish.

Yes/no she doesn't allow through moderation/censorship.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

woodworker wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm :snippity:
Something about a snowball and hell comes to mind...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
realist

Post by realist »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm
woodworker wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pm :snippity:
Something about a snowball and hell comes to mind...
:like:
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

Despite sworn statements and testimony taken between November and January 2021 attesting to widespread ballot fraud in the “swing” states of Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada and Pennsylvania
As Mr. Rogers would say, "Can you say hearsay, boys and girls?"
Unless and until subjected to cross, etc.
Image X 4
Image X 32
bob

Post by bob »

woodworker wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:26 pmYes/no she doesn't allow through moderation/censorship.
I was going to take the over (she'll allow the comment) because Rondeau's moderation is mercurial, and she sometimes likes a debate in her otherwise barren comment sections.

But, alas, we receive only:
Rabbi Bluto Goldstein wrote: If it’s a lie, just let the audit happen. Democrats are doing everything the can to block it. Why? It can only prove you right. Right?
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Trump Website Launches New Page; Media Immediately Disparage.

P&E: Miller: Trump to Make “Statement” Wednesday Morning:
ELLIS ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW NATIONAL "ELECTION INTEGRITY" ORGANIZATION
P&E: Trump: “More Corruption Found” in Election since January:
"NEVER GIVE UP!"

At 9:51 a.m. Wednesday, 45th President Donald J. Trump issued a statement....
P&E: Trump Issues Statement on Social-Media Giants:
"THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT ANYWAY"
Manic Rondeau is my favorite Rondeau. :towel:
Image ImageImage

Return to “Current Politics”