Re: Racism in America Becoming Fashionable Again

Post by SLQ »

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 pm
My guess is they were trying to scare him vs. kill him. I don’t know if they recognized him as an activist.
What difference does that make?
I’m curious if it was personal or random.
Personal or random that they targeted the lone black man in a group of six, with the rest of the people in the group being white?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

SLQ wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:38 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:55 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 pm

What difference does that make?
I’m curious if it was personal or random.
Personal or random that they targeted the lone black man in a group of six, with the rest of the people in the group being white?
Personal (hey, that's that activist guy – let's beat him up) or random (hey, a Black guy – let's beat him up). It's my curiosity with no impact.
Edit: To be clear, I didn't say it makes a difference. I would like to know is all.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Car hits protestors in Bloomington, Indiana. FBI investigating the Lake Monroe incident.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ca ... a-n1233060

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Case Against Amy Cooper Lacks Key Element: Victim's Cooperation
“On the one hand, she’s already paid a steep price,” Christian Cooper said in a statement on Tuesday. “That’s not enough of a deterrent to others? Bringing her more misery just seems like piling on.” But he added that he understood there was a greater principle at stake and that this should be defended. “So if the DA feels the need to pursue charges, he should pursue charges. But he can do that without me.”
The Mercury Project

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Isn't the victim in a false reporting case the police department?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

NowThis News wrote:The Segregation Myth: Richard Rothstein Debunks an American Lie
26 Jun 2020

‘The racial segregation in every metropolitan area in this country was created by racially explicit government policy, designed to create racial boundaries.’ — Segregation expert Richard Rothstein has spent his life debunking the American myth that white and Black people live separately by choice

In US news and current events today, Richard Rothstein, The Color of Law author, continues his lifelong mission to debunk the myth of de facto segregation and explain how modern day segregation is enforced by US law and policy. Insidious tactics like redlining have contributed to modern day segregation, and it leads to modern school segregation, modern housing segregation and housing discrimination, and so much more. De jure discrimination didn't end with the passage of the Civil Rights Act, it simply became more insidious and baked into the housing, lending and education systems that have prevented Black Americans from earning and keeping wealth. Modern segregation is no less immoral and unjust than explicit segregation, and the entire system needs an overhaul if we are ever to reach true equality and assert that Black lives matter.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

SLQ wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:12 am
Isn't the victim in a false reporting case the police department?
The pd is the complainant. It would be nice (and easier) if he testified, but it's not necessary.Same thing with domestic violence calls. The victim is not the complainant.

jemcanada

Post by jemcanada »

I was just called a “whigroe” on Facebook. From the racist’s incoherent ranting, I think she said I’m a white person who wants to be a “a very bad, not good word changed for the Rooster.” Yes, she used that word. She was also going on about God and Jesus. I don’t think she’ll be meeting them like she thinks. I hear they don’t like people like her. :think:

The guy whose Facebook Page the posts were on is blocking her. He’s a conservative who can disagree without being disagreeable.

Edited to say sorry for using that word, Foggy. It was in quotes because she actually said that to me, but I’m happy that you don’t allow that word here.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Well, racism may have been fashionable to Dianna Ploss, it was not fashionable to the radio station.

https://wsmn1590.com/
WSMN1590 WSMN95.3 Official Statement

Dianna Ploss is no longer associated or affiliated in any way with WSMN or Bartis-Russell Broadcasting, LLC. We at WSMN value freedom of speech, freedom of expression and assembly. We will not tolerate discrimination, racism or hatred. We continue to present and offer on-air opportunities for discussion, education and the exchange of opinions and ideas.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

She does not seem to think things through well.
Annotation 2020-07-12 212229.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Now Fox is FAKE NEWS??

What has the world come to?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm
Video shows racist attack directed at Bloomington Man on 4th of July

https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/05/b ... ke-monroe/
ABC13 Houston
@abc13houston
·
13m
2 men charged in assault on Black man at Indiana lake https://abc13.co/2ZARcqq
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 pm
Volkonski wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm
Video shows racist attack directed at Bloomington Man on 4th of July

https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/05/b ... ke-monroe/
ABC13 Houston
@abc13houston
·
13m
2 men charged in assault on Black man at Indiana lake https://abc13.co/2ZARcqq
Hmmm. There were more than two.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:26 pm
Nick Sandmann has settled a lawsuit with CNN. The Jersey attack by black Hebrew Israelites probably helped:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-covin ... ettled.amp

And this is from October but wasn’t posted. Sandmann suit against WaPo was reinstated:
The judge noted that the new complaint "also alleges that [Sandmann] could be identified as the subject of [Phillips' statements] by reason of certain photographs of [Sandmann] and the videos" of the episode.
Same argument I made last year.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nick-sandman ... e-reopened
now this
Washington Post settles $250M suit with Covington teen Nick Sandmann
By Ebony BowdenJuly 24, 2020 | 12:16pm | Updated

The Washington Post on Friday agreed to settle a monster $250 million lawsuit filed by Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann over its botched coverage of his 2019 encounter with a Native American elder.

Sandmann declared the victory in a tweet on his 18th birthday. It’s unclear how much the newspaper settled for.

“On 2/19/19, I filed $250M defamation lawsuit against Washington Post. Today, I turned 18 & WaPo settled my lawsuit,” he wrote.

“Thanks to @ToddMcMurtry & @LLinWood for their advocacy. Thanks to my family & millions of you who have stood your ground by supporting me. I still have more to do,” he continued.

It’s the teen’s second win in a whopping $800 million defamation battle against a number of news outlets including the Washington Post, CNN, ABC, CBS, The Guardian, The Hill and NBC.

CNN agreed to settle with Sandmann in January this year as part of a separate $275 million claim.

Sandmann and a group of his Covington classmates were vilified on social media after they were filmed wearing “Make America Great Again” hats after an anti-abortion rally while being yelled at by demonstrators.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/24/washingto ... -sandmann/

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Thanks Trump.

LCSO investigating KKK letters left in Gateway community mailboxes
https://www.winknews.com/2020/07/29/lcs ... mailboxes/
People in one Gateway neighborhood found letters from the KKK in their mailboxes, prompting the Lee County Sheriff’s Office to open an investigation.

The letters are allegedly from the “Cypress Cay” branch of the KKK and are filled with racial slurs about members of the Cypress Cay community.

Pamela Vazquez said she never thought she’d get a letter like that in her mailbox. “I was very shocked, disturbed that that letter would even come out in this area.”

The letter details a plan to keep minorities out of the neighborhood and uses multiple racial slurs, including the N-word. The letter also states there is a drive-by planned to intimidate an African American neighbor and that “all the other minorities need to know their place and it isn’t here at Cypress Cay.”
Cypress Cay is an HOA community of 180 single family homes. The Cypress Cay board of directors say they don't know who is responsible.
kkk-letter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm
Cypress Cay is an HOA community of 180 single family homes. The Cypress Cay board of directors say they don't know who is responsible.
There's Ring or other video, guaranteed.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:44 pm
neonzx wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm
There's Ring or other video, guaranteed.
I'd hope. Besides whatever crimes the person(s) may be charged with, stuffing things into a postal mailbox is a federal crime. I think it carries a fine of up to $5,000 per occurrence. :daydream:

They will find them... just look for the golf carts with the "Trump emblem or something" indicating their "membership", as the letter advised residents to mark theirs for their own safety.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Virginia mayor urged to resign after saying Biden picked 'Aunt Jemima as his VP'
"I understand what I posted on social media was wrong, offensive and unbecoming," Luray Mayor Barry Presgraves said Monday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vi ... d_nn_tw_ma
A Virginia mayor is facing calls for his resignation over a Facebook post in which he said that Joe Biden "just announced Aunt Jemima" as his running mate.

Luray Mayor Barry Presgraves posted the comment last weekend on his Facebook page. The comment was condemned by members of the Luray Town Council and other residents before he took it down that same weekend.

Luray is a town of less than 5,000 people, the majority of them white, according to the most recent census data. Four percent of the population is Black. The town is about 90 miles west of Washington, D.C.

:snippity:

"I want to make this very clear to everyone with absolutely no qualifications," Presgraves said. "I understand what I posted on social media was wrong, offensive and unbecoming."
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Social Issues”