Domestic Terrorism

RoadScholar

Re: Domestic Terrorism

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:12 am

Interesting.

Right after a story about how right-wingers, desperate to protect their brown-shirt wing and to smear those opposing their cult of hatred, successfully purveyed a ludicrous fiction about Antifa turning milkshakes into bricks (or maybe acid bombs), there is a story about Antifa attacking an person on the street, and then attacking a man who came to his aid. Of course the connection is missed entirely by apologists for the right-wing thugs.

This story is accepted uncritically by folks who deep down sympathize with the Proud Boys and white supremacists, eager to believe the worst about Antifa. As if it would be unthinkable that three of the brownshirts simply dressed in black and attacked someone so as to create blame and revulsion aimed at Antifa. Folks trying to excuse and shift blame from the violent right-wingers, some of whom have killed four homeless people in Boise. Who attack people of color, anyone looking vaguely muslim, gay, or feminist. People who call in death threats to anyone critical of the Racist Rapist playing president. The best people. Perfect angels.

Yep, the fascists are not to blame, it's those vicious anti-fascists.

:roll:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Re: milkshakes
Is It Possible to Mix Cement Into a Vegan Milkshake? We Did It.
https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2019/ ... we-did-it/

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Excellent experiment! Note the milkshake with the cement didn’t harden after 2 hours.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Excellent experiment! Note the milkshake with the cement didn’t harden after 2 hours.
Do they show anyone drinking it, as they did?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 am

As who did? The whole incident is fiction.
X3

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Yet another right-winger making death threats...

Pentagon Contractor Allegedly Threatened to Kill Congresswoman Over Vaccine Bill
Darryl Albert Varnum of Westminster, Maryland called the congressperson—identified only as “congressperson #1”—on June 28, 2019, according to the complaint, and left a voicemail threatening to kill the member if the bill was introduced.

“I’m gonna kill your ass if you do that bill. I swear,” Varnum’s voicemail began. “I will fucking come down and kill your fucking ass. And you’re a Congressperson, that’s fine. I hope the fucking FBI, CIA and everybody else hears this shit.”

“This is the United States of America, bitch. Get the fuck out,” the voicemail continued. “I’ll tell you what I’ll come down to Miami bitch. I’ll fuck you up. Like the Cubans don’t even know.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/pentagon- ... ccine-bill
Am I being detained?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 am

See? Vaccines are dangerous.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

poplove

Post by poplove » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm

Interesting article on leftists arming themselves: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... g-up-arms?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Well, count me in.
X3

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Cross-posting

The Hill
FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Tuesday that the agency has made about 100 domestic terrorism-related arrests since October, and the majority were tied to white supremacy.

”I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases that we’ve investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence, but it does include other things as well,” Wray said at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, referring to cases in fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1.

The FBI is “aggressively” investigating domestic terrorism and hate crimes, Wray said, noting that the bureau is focused on investigating the violence, not the ideology motivating the attacks.

Wray distinguished between what he termed homegrown violent extremism, wording he said the FBI uses to refer to people in United States who are inspired by global jihadists, and domestic extremism, which Wray described as broader to include racially motivated extremists, anarchists and others.

The number of domestic terrorism arrests are on par with the amount international terrorism cases, according to Wray.

“In terms of number of arrests, we have through the third quarter of this fiscal year had about give or take 100 arrests on the international terrorism side, which includes the homegrown violent extremism,” Wray told Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) at the hearing. “We’ve also had just about the same number – again, don’t quote me to the exact digit – on the domestic terrorism side.”

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm

A 100 since October, at first glance, sounds high. But I suppose most don't make the headlines. Either that, or I've just become immune to hearing of them. :smoking:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Another update on milkshakegate:
Portland police on Monday released a report written by a lieutenant who said he “firmly believed’’ that a milkshake thrown at protesters during competing demonstrations last month in downtown Portland contained a concrete-type substance.
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/0 ... crete.html

TLDR; the proof of cement mixed into milkshakes is a woman one cop saw at the protest with no name that can't be tracked down.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 pm
Another update on milkshakegate:
Portland police on Monday released a report written by a lieutenant who said he “firmly believed’’ that a milkshake thrown at protesters during competing demonstrations last month in downtown Portland contained a concrete-type substance.
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/0 ... crete.html

TLDR; the proof of cement mixed into milkshakes is a woman one cop saw at the protest with no name that can't be tracked down.
:fingerwag: :liar:
Quikrete doesn't set in a few minutes. More like 30-40ish.
The grey substance was chocolate milkshake, Mr. Quikrete expert/cop, dumbass.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm

ADL.org
Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2016

An Anti-Defamation League Report

Download the whole report Murder and Extremism in the United States in 2016 (PDF). ...

Over the past 10 years (2007-2016), domestic extremists of all kinds have killed at least 372 people in the United States. Of those deaths, approximately 74% were at the hands of right-wing extremists, about 24% of the victims were killed by domestic Islamic extremists, and the remainder were killed by left-wing extremists.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:54 pm

Proud boys are at it again:
Kramer is accused of beating a 31-year-old woman named Heather Clark with a baton and knocking her unconscious in the 800 block of Northeast Couch St. outside Cider Riot.
https://t.co/W1G1rNREzV

(Maybe it’s not 100% confirmed they were proud boys but it’s the safe guess)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:31 pm

White House Rejected DHS Strategy to Combat White Supremacy-Fueled Terrorism
The White House repeatedly dismissed efforts by Homeland Security to focus more attention on combating the rise in domestic terrorism, which includes white supremacy cases, multiple sources told CNN.

“Homeland Security officials battled the White House for more than a year to get them to focus more on domestic terrorism,” one senior source close to the Trump administration told CNN. “The White House wanted to focus only on the jihadist threat which, while serious, ignored the reality that racial supremacist violence was rising fast here at home. They had major ideological blinders on.”

One former officials said he’s not surprised the White House would prioritize domestic terrorism “because the preponderance of it involves white supremacy and that’s not something this administration is comfortable speaking out against, until the other day by the president and even that was pretty hedged.”

Also this week, a former FBI counterterrorism agent said his former colleagues are reluctant to aggressively investigate white nationalist extremists because they are part of Trump’s base.

“I believe Christopher A. Wray is an honorable man, but I think in many ways the FBI is hamstrung in trying to investigate the white supremacist movement like the old FBI would,” the former agent, David Gomez, told The Washington Post. “There’s some reluctance among agents to bring forth an investigation that targets what the president perceives as his base. It’s a no-win situation for the FBI agent or supervisor.”
Cynical me: I don't believe the FBI/US law enforcement in general has ever been eager to investigate right-wing political movements, because with perhaps two exceptions during the Twentieth Century (FDR and JFK/LBJ administrations), the political/business power structure has always treated the right wing movements as allies and the left wing movements as the genuine threats.

There's been a lot of undercover investigation of funds donated to left-wing organizations that may or may not be channeled to Islamic terror groups. I bet there hasn't been any such investigation of any of the fundraising efforts on behalf of right-wing domestic terrorists. Fundraisers that we take note of here on a regular basis.
I've heard this bull before.

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:44 am

MISSISSIPPI MAN ADMITS BURNING CROSS OUTSIDE BLACK FAMILY HOMES TO 'THREATEN, FRIGHTEN, AND INTIMIDATE' THEM
https://www.newsweek.com/mississippi-cr ... ium=Social
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 am

Who would have thought?
:sarcasm:

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:47 am

TIME
‘We Are Being Eaten From Within.’ Why America Is Losing the Battle Against White Nationalist Terrorism

When you think of a terrorist, what do you see? For more than a generation, the image lurking in Americans’ nightmares has resembled the perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks: an Islamic jihadist. Not a 21-year-old white supremacist from a prosperous Dallas suburb.

But long before that young man drove to El Paso, Texas, on Aug. 3 and allegedly murdered at least 22 people at a Walmart crammed with back-to-school shoppers, it was clear that white nationalists have become the face of terrorism in America. Since 9/11, white supremacists and other far-right extremists have been responsible for almost three times as many attacks on U.S. soil as Islamic terrorists, the government reported. From 2009 through 2018, the far right has been responsible for 73% of domestic extremist-related fatalities, according to a 2019 study by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL). And the toll is growing. More people–49–were murdered by far-right extremists in the U.S. last year than in any other year since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress in July that a majority of the bureau’s domestic-terrorism investigations since October were linked to white supremacy.

Yet the nation’s leaders have failed to meet this menace. In more than a dozen interviews with TIME, current and former federal law-enforcement and national-security officials described a sense of bewilderment and frustration as they watched warnings go ignored and the white-supremacist terror threat grow. Over the past decade, multiple attempts to refocus federal resources on the issue have been thwarted. Entire offices meant to coordinate an interagency response to right-wing extremism were funded, staffed and then defunded in the face of legal, constitutional and political concerns.

Today, FBI officials say just 20% of the bureau’s counterterrorism field agents are focused on domestic probes. This year alone, those agents’ caseload has included an investigation into an Ohio militia allegedly stockpiling explosives to build pipe bombs; a self-professed white-supremacist Coast Guard officer who amassed an arsenal in his apartment in the greater Washington, D.C., area; an attack in April at a synagogue outside San Diego that killed one; and the July 28 assault at a garlic festival in Gilroy, Calif., that killed three. Cesar Sayoc, a 57-year-old man from Florida, was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Aug. 5 after pleading guilty to mailing 16 pipe bombs to Democrats and critics of President Donald Trump.

The FBI has warned about the rising domestic threat for years, but has not had a receptive audience in the White House. As a result, agency leadership hasn’t historically prioritized white-supremacist violence even among homegrown threats, for years listing “eco-terrorism” as the top risk, former special agent Michael German told the House Committee on Oversight and Reform in May. ...

Law-enforcement officials say the cancer of white nationalism has metastasized across social media and the dark corners of the Internet, creating a copycat effect in which aspiring killers draw inspiration and seek to outdo one another. The suspect in El Paso was at least the third this year to post a manifesto on the online message forum 8chan before logging off to commit mass murder. More people were killed that day in El Paso than all 14 service members killed this year on the battlefields in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

“Even if there was a crackdown right now, it’s going to take years for the momentum of these groups to fade,” says Daryl Johnson, a former senior analyst at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), whose 2009 report on right-wing extremism was lambasted by conservatives even before its release. “I’m afraid we’ve reached a tipping point where we’re in for this kind of violence for a long time.”

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:10 am

Still on the iPad with no computer, so no link, but I just read that the Justice Department’s priority has been black extremists and “eco terrorists.”

:brickwallsmall:

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 am

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/court ... 0190103155
“According to the allegations in the indictment, this pair obtained firearms and components to make explosives as part of a plot to kill and maim others,” Justin E. Herdman, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, said in a news release issued by the Department of Justice. “Law enforcement worked together to thwart this alleged plot, and we will remain vigilant to protect the public from all threats.”

The couple gained law enforcement’s attention last year after Mr. Armstrong expressed a desire to conduct a violent attack. Ms. Lecron frequently posted photographs and comments on social media glorifying mass murders, including the Columbine shooters and Dylann Roof, according to a criminal complaint.

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/court ... 0190808159
A South Toledo man who went along with his girlfriend’s plotted plan to conduct a violent attack at a Toledo bar pleaded guilty Thursday to federal charges.

Vincent Armstrong, 23, of the 3600 block of Willow Run Drive, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Toledo to a sole count of conspiracy to transport or receive an explosive with intent to kill, injure, or intimidate any individual, and maliciously damage or destroy by fire or explosive for his role in planning an attack referred to as “D-day,” at a second-floor Toledo bar, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Freeman.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:04 am

LA Times: FBI struggles to confront right-wing terrorism

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Florida Man Arrested For Threatening To Shoot Up Walmart After El Paso Massacre
Agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement arrested the 26-year-old from Winter Park, Florida, on Friday on charges of making written threats last week to kill or do bodily harm, according to the department.

Police said Richard Clayton allegedly posted his threat on Facebook on Aug. 4, a day after a white supremacist fatally shot at least 22 people and injured dozens more at a Walmart in El Paso, a border town with a large Hispanic population.

According to investigators, the post read, “3 more days of probation left then I get my AR-15 back. Don’t go to Walmart next week.” The FBI received a tip about the post on Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.
:snippity:
When police arrived at Clayton’s parents’ home, the suspect repeatedly asked an officer if he was Hispanic, saying, “They are what is wrong with this country. They come in and are ruining everything,” court documents show, according to WKMG-TV.
https://news.yahoo.com/white-supremacis ... _test=1_04

:madguy:
Am I being detained?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Funny thing is Hispanics were here until white settlers threw them out. Have these racists check out the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:34 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-13/ ... m/11407164

Key points:
•Mr Rasmussen says the US could learn from Australia on gun controls
•He cautioned against blaming mental health as key reason for attacks
•Political rhetoric in the US is "unhelpful" when addressing right wing extremism

Return to “Social Issues”