Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Notorial Dissent

Re: Gay Rights - LGBT - Same Sex Marriage

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:32 pm

The State Department lost another citizenship battle over a pair of twins, claiming one was and the other wasn't a birthright citizen. They lost. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/one-t ... spartanntp
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Upstate school district sued over 4th-grader's LGBTQ essay
Student's mother claims First Amendment rights were violated

Tim Waller
Reporter

A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court claims Anderson Mill Elementary School and Spartanburg County School District 6 violated a fourth-grader's First Amendment rights over an essay on people who are LGBTQ.

"The school would not publish (the girl's) paper as it was not an appropriate topic," the lawsuit claims. "The plaintiff was forced by Principal Elizabeth Foster to instead type and submit (an essay) about bullying."

The lawsuit claims the 10-year-old student's maternal grandfather is a "homosexual who is active in the LGBTQ community" and that the "plaintiffs are proud advocates of LGBTQ rights."

The student and her mother, Hannah Robertson, are seeking actual and punitive damages for emotional distress.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/upstate-s ... y/26767567

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm
Upstate school district sued over 4th-grader's LGBTQ essay
Student's mother claims First Amendment rights were violated
Hmm
The lawsuit says the principal told the mother that it was "not age-appropriate to discuss transgenders, lesbians and drag queens outside of the home” and that “the topic would be disagreeable.”
Her essay,
“To society,

I don’t know if you know this but peoples view on Tran’s genders is an issue. People think that men should not dress like a women, and saying mean things. They think that they are choosing the wrong thing in life. In the world people can choose who they want to be not being told that THEIR diction is wrong. I hope people understand that people can hurt themselves from others hurting their feelings. People need to think before they speak because one word can hurt someone’s feelings. We need to fix this because this is getting out of hand!”
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Ohio appeals court rules in favor of transgender teen trying to legally change name
by WKRCTuesday, March 5th 2019

A state appeals court reversed a Warren County judge's decision in the case of a transgender teen who wanted to change his name. (WKRC)
WARREN COUNTY, Ohio (WKRC) - A state appeals court reversed a Warren County judge's decision in the case of a transgender teen who wanted to change his name.

The appeals court ruled that Warren County Judge Joseph Kirby abused his discretion when he denied the request. In the summer of 2018, the 15- year-old and his parents took the matter to court.

In his decision, Kirby wrote the teen could apply for a name change when he becomes an adult. The 12th District Court of Appeals says the original decision discounts the parents' wishes and medical evidence.

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-app ... hange-name

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 pm

October 2018 this related:
Ruling in transgender lawsuit against Warren County judge could come next week
Cameron Knight Cincinnati Enquirer
Published 4:12 PM EDT Oct 24, 2018

Three families with transgender children have sued Warren County Judge Joseph Kirby in federal court, and a judge will soon decide if the case can continue.

U.S. District Court Judge William O. Bertelsman said he hopes to issue a written ruling on whether he will hear the case by the end of next week.

The families say Kirby has a pattern and practice of discriminating against transgender minors when he hears requests for legal name changes.

Bertelsman is considering a motion filed by Kirby's lawyers to dismiss the case.

Kirby claims the families are trying to "short-circuit" the state court system, which could overturn his decision on appeal, by suing him directly in federal court.

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/cr ... 749021002/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:36 am

Georgia high school tells transgender student who identifies as male to run for prom queen: report
Amy Lieu By Amy Lieu | Fox News

A transgender student said his high school in Georgia is forcing him to run for prom queen, even though he identifies as a male and was nominated for prom king, reports said on Thursday.

Dex Frier, 17, a senior at Johnson High School in Gainesville, told BuzzFeed News that his school gave him only two options to choose from, either run as prom queen or not at all for the school dance on Saturday.

"They called me there to tell me I couldn't run for prom king ’cause I wasn't legally male and that was the way it was in Hall County [school district]," he told the outlet. "The only way I was eligible to run for prom was to be put on the prom queen ballot."

Frier said the news was "upsetting and he felt "suppressed" by school officials, according to the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-high ... een-report

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:00 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:36 am
Georgia high school tells transgender student who identifies as male to run for prom queen
Statement from the district superintendent, Will Schofield:
“First, this school district has never removed any student from any prom or homecoming court. Furthermore, I will not respond publicly, in any manner, to a situation that has the potential to single out any student in any way. We protect the privacy rights of our student body. On a broader note, I am not interested in being responsible for placing our school district in a the middle of a national social, societal and legal issue which would have the potential to substantially disrupt us from our core mission of providing an education for the boys and girls in our community. Prom should be a time for students to fellowship together and celebrate their local school.”
A little late for that.

And there are two competing online petitions circulating...
Allow transgender boy to run for Prom King (13k+ signatures)

To stop a petition. (35 signatures)

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hall-county/transgender-hs-student-says-school-removed-him-from-prom-king-ballot/932738595
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:40 am

If you're looking for the Evangelical tell in the District Superintendent's statement, it's "fellowship."
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:38 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:40 am
If you're looking for the Evangelical tell in the District Superintendent's statement, it's "fellowship."
I've never seen "fellowship" used as a verb before. But I don't mix with Evangelicals, so that's probably why.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Studio 10 wrote:
Published on 14 Mar 2019

How far would you go to become the person you're meant to be? Abby Stein shares her journey from life in the Hasidic Jewish community in New York to becoming an outspoken voice and activist for the trans community.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:44 am

https://komonews.com/news/nation-world/ ... al-airport
San Antonio bans Chick-fil-A from airport

District 1 City Councilman Roberto Treviño made a motion Thursday to approve the Food, Beverage and Retail Prime Concession Agreement with Paradies Lagardère at the San Antonio International Airport, but that the agreement exclude Chick-fil-A.

“With this decision, the City Council reaffirmed the work our city has done to become a champion of equality and inclusion," Treviño said. "San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior."

Chick-fil-A came in the spotlight Wednesday after ThinkProgress released a report saying Chick-fil-A donated $1.8 million to groups that discriminate against the LGBTQ community.

"This is the first we’ve heard of this. It’s disappointing," Chick-fil-A said in a statement. "We would have liked to have had a dialogue with the city council before this decision was made. We agree with Councilmember Treviño that everyone is and should feel welcome at Chick-fil-A. We plan to reach out to the city council to gain a better understanding of this decision." Now you know how rejection feels.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Ted Cruz is all but hurt on behalf of Chuck-full-Up.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:23 pm

The recent issue with Chick-fil-a's giving seems to be a $1.6 million donation in 2017 to Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

From their statement of faith,
https://www.fca.org/aboutus/who-we-are/ ... t-of-faith
We believe God’s design for sexual intimacy is to be expressed only within the context of marriage. God instituted marriage between one man and one woman as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
And this part of an agreement that must signed by those seeking to be 'coaches' in this 'athlete' ministry:

The last statement is rather awkward
This does not mean that I am a bad person and that FCA does not love me and want me involved; this in in order to protect the integrity of the ministry and to protect the ones which we are ministering.
Strange how they try and word 'hate the sin; love the sinner' in an attempt to make it palatable. FAIL :sick:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:54 pm

Transgender, gay migrants allegedly suffer 'rampant' abuse at New Mexico ICE facility
“When I complained, I was thrown into solitary confinement for five days,” one gay migrant said.

March 26, 2019, 3:16 AM GMT+1 / Updated March 26, 2019, 4:54 AM GMT+1
By Tim Stelloh

Transgender and gay migrants held at an immigration facility in New Mexico have been subjected to “rampant sexual harassment, discrimination and abuse,” advocates and lawyers claimed in a letter released Monday.

In the letter to immigration authorities and the warden of Otero County Processing Center in Chaparral, the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico and other groups said that some migrants were placed in solitary confinement — or threatened with solitary — after complaining about conditions.

Others who complained were allegedly reassigned to barracks with heterosexual men as a form of retaliation, according to the letter.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

In a statement, a spokesperson with Management & Training Corporation, the private company that operates Otero, said that it follows ICE’s transgender detainee guidelines and "is not aware of any incidents at the facility that even come close to these allegations.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... ce-n987286

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Ellen DeGeneres

Verified account

@TheEllenShow
Follow Follow @TheEllenShow
More
Tomorrow, the country of #Brunei will start stoning gay people to death. We need to do something now. Please boycott these hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei. Raise your voices now. Spread the word. Rise up.

I have completely boycotted these hotels for my entire life and will continue to do so.

Does the Sultan own something I might use?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm
I have completely boycotted these hotels for my entire life and will continue to do so.

Does the Sultan own something I might use?
Oil :blink:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun May 05, 2019 11:59 pm

The Daily Signal wrote: Published on 5 May 2019

A growing number of school administrators want to silence women and girls who dare speak out about the ways transgender policies are harming them—but these brave young women refuse to be bullied or made to believe their concerns are hateful.

They don’t hate anyone. These girls were among the best high school athletes in their region—excited to earn scholarships and opportunities by working hard to perfect their talents on the track. All of that changed suddenly when they were forced to compete against transgender athletes.

Learn how the Equality Act—legislation currently moving through Congress—would take these misguided rules nationwide: https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/14/ ... thing-but/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIlq85dL0C4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Walk Away event encourages LGBT people to separate from the Democratic Party
Fleccas Talks wrote:
Published on 8 May 2019
This week I headed to West Hollywood to attend Brandon Straka's Walk Away Town Hall. No protesters but a powerful message nonetheless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwsMvFBGQY

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Wait, what? What? And the young gay Trumpers said Donald wasn't going to hurt the gay community. I don't even want to look. And today, on Air Force Two, Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell and JOHN ROBERTS flew together. People are already starting to call it "The Roe Flight". I don't care who the candidate is, Donald & Co must be voted out in 2020.
Trump Administration to LGBT Couples: Your ‘Out of Wedlock’ Kids Aren’t Citizens
New reporting from @ScottBix of @TheDailyBeast
https://www.thedailybeast.com/state-dep ... t-citizens
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Already seeing a federal judge in an ACLU supported law suit crashing on this administration.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 10:38 pm
Wait, what? What? And the young gay Trumpers said Donald wasn't going to hurt the gay community. I don't even want to look. And today, on Air Force Two, Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell and JOHN ROBERTS flew together. People are already starting to call it "The Roe Flight". I don't care who the candidate is, Donald & Co must be voted out in 2020.
Trump Administration to LGBT Couples: Your ‘Out of Wedlock’ Kids Aren’t Citizens
New reporting from @ScottBix of @TheDailyBeast
https://www.thedailybeast.com/state-dep ... t-citizens
This must be all be FAKE NEWS because ...

bob

Post by bob » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

I think the Daily Beast article is somewhat misleading: It doesn't actually say the child was denied U.S. citizenship; rather, they were denied a presumption of regularity. A closer reading of the article suggests that the dads had to jump through more hoops to secure the baby's U.S. citizenship.

Briefly: the dads' child was born via surrogacy in Canada. And the article says they "are each biologically related to their children." This suggests that one is biologically related this child, the other is biologically related to their previous child (who was also born in Canada, but had no problems obtaining U.S. citizenship, because that occurred in the sane era of 2016).

8 U.S.C. sec. 1401, subd. (g), grants U.S. citizenship ("at birth") to anyone born abroad to at least one U.S. citizen parent who previously was in the United States for five years (e.g., Ted Cruz). One of the dads, however, fails to meet the residency requirements. And the article doesn't specify which dad is the biological parent of this child.

But the administration lost a similar case, which is now on appeal.

"Below the fold" of the article is the meat of the complaint: that heterosexual couples enjoy a presumption of correctness that these dads did not get. Which is obviously unjust, and perhaps illegal, but the article gets lost along the way.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:02 am

crosspost
Taiwan legalizes same-sex marriage in historic first for Asia

By Julia Hollingsworth, CNN
Updated 1238 GMT (2038 HKT) May 17, 2019

(CNN)Lawmakers in Taiwan have approved a bill legalizing same-sex marriage, a landmark decision that makes the self-ruled island the first place in Asia to pass gay marriage legislation.

The vote came almost two years after the island's Constitutional Court ruled that the existing law -- which said marriage was between a man and a woman -- was unconstitutional. The panel of judges gave the island's parliament two years to amend or enact new laws.

On Friday -- only a week off the two-year deadline -- lawmakers in Taiwan's Legislative Yuan passed a bill making same-sex marriage a reality. It will go into effect on May 24.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/17/asia ... index.html

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Awesome for Taiwan! Lived there a few years as a kid.

This is great. If the GOP Senate won't take it up, it's all gay voters need to know.

Thank you Speaker Pelosi and the House! And thank you to Americans who have come forward to help and support everybody's right to love. :cheer1: :cheer:
Democrats unanimously pass 'Equality Act' to protect LGBTQ rights
By MARIAM KHAN May 17, 2019, 3:04 PM ET

The House of Representatives on Friday passed the Equality Act -– sweeping legislation that protects LGBTQ people from discrimination in the workplace, housing, service, and public accommodations.

It’s the first time a chamber of Congress has approved a comprehensive LGBTQ civil rights bill that would provide clear, nationwide protections for LGBTQ people throughout daily life, according to the Human Rights Campaign.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/house-d ... d=63103624

Wonderful kickoff to the weekend! Love all the Fogbowzers, hope you have a happy weekend! :bighug:
Avatar Photo: Kellogg's commemorates Anna Von Strudel de la PopTart's descent into insanity with a new cereal!

Return to “Social Issues”