Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) v. Johnson& Johnson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) v. Johnson& Johnson

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/ben-cru ... d=79088901
Ben Crump files lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson on behalf of Black women
The company has denied its products cause cancer.

Prominent civil rights attorney Ben Crump has filed a lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson, alleging the pharmaceutical giant marketed talcum-based baby powder specifically to Black women despite links to ovarian cancers.

Johnson & Johnson has denied the allegations, saying its marketing campaigns are "multicultural and inclusive." The company also denies that its products cause cancer, despite a Missouri appellate court last year ruling in favor of ovarian cancer victims suing the company as part of a separate lawsuit, claiming their condition was caused by asbestos in its baby powder and other talc products.

Crump, perhaps best known for representing the family of George Floyd after his murder by Derek Chauvin, filed the suit Tuesday in New Jersey with his legal partner Paul Napoli on behalf of members of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). The council, founded in 1935, is a nonprofit that advocates for and empowers women of African descent and their families.

"I would be remiss if I did not say exactly what this lawsuit is about. It is about the lives of our grandmothers, our mothers, our sisters, our daughters, our nieces, and our wives, and how they were sinisterly targeted by Johnson and Johnson," Crump said at a news conference Tuesday announcing the suit. "This multi-billion-dollar corporation, their corporate executives know about the link between talcum powder and ovarian cancer."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”