TX Anti-Abortion Law

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: TX Anti-Abortion Law

Post by Foggy »

I keep thinking that there are soon gonna be THOUSANDS of cases brought under this stupid law, and it could result in the courts being too tied up to handle anything else. Soon there will be webinars, "How to get your $10,000 by suing a child-killer" with detailed instructions on how to file and prosecute your own cases. There will be people who make their entire living off this stupid, stupid law.

:blackeye:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Does anyone know if/where the newest snitch website is? I know Go Daddy took them down, then the next site took them down. I've heard people on twitter talking about them now using a site based in Russian-controlled Crimea, but I don't see any links so don't know if that's true or not.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:04 am Does anyone know if/where the newest snitch website is? I know Go Daddy took them down, then the next site took them down. I've heard people on twitter talking about them now using a site based in Russian-controlled Crimea, but I don't see any links so don't know if that's true or not.
I think they tried to move to EPIK but got tossed for violating the TOS.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

A younger sibling of mine had an unplanned pregnancy a year ago... but she had known of certain personal health issues and was already planning to have everything removed. Hard decision. She has two young kids to stick around for.

Thankfully, she does not live in TX.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

A good friend has a daughter-in-law who gave birth to a baby three months premature three years ago. The DIL nearly died. The little girl has many challenges ahead of her, including heart surgeries. Three months after the baby was born, she had a miscarriage that nearly killed her again. She got pregnant again about two years ago. The last time I saw her, she was pregnant. Less than a month later, they found problems with the baby. If she had even been able to carry to term, unlikely, it would have killed them both. The DIL is Catholic, and strongly resisted the idea of an abortion, the doctor's recommendation. But he was able to make her understand the seriousness of the situation, and she quietly had an abortion. She has a living daughter who's going to need lots of special care over the years.

Thankfully, they are not in Texas. I am furious that any legislator could so casually pass such a law. They have no idea how complicated pregnancies can be. They would have condemned my friend's daughter-in-law to death. But. They. Don't. Care.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cine-noem/
South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) on Tuesday issued an executive order restricting telemedicine abortions and abortion medications, days after she called for a review of the state’s abortion laws.

The order mandates that abortion medication can be prescribed or dispensed only after an in-person examination by a doctor licensed in South Dakota. It also bans abortion medication from “being provided via courier, delivery, telemedicine, or mail service,” as well as on state grounds or in schools.

Social conservatives like Noem have been emboldened by the Supreme Court’s decision last week to not block a Texas law banning abortions as early as six weeks into pregnancy, or before many people know they are pregnant. In Texas, another bill that has been sent to Gov. Greg Abbott (R) for his approval also restricts abortion medications.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:45 am ...

Thankfully, they are not in Texas. I am furious that any legislator could so casually pass such a law. They have no idea how complicated pregnancies can be. They would have condemned my friend's daughter-in-law to death. But. They. Don't. Care.
Remember the guy from Ohio who tried to legislate ectopic pregnancies be transplanted into the uterus?

Just saw this graphic on the interwebz. If I hadn't already made my witch sign, I'd have gone with this one.
fragile like a bomb.jpg
fragile like a bomb.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
(You all know I love Notorious RBG, but if I were making the sign for myself, I'd probably leave her picture off.)

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So let's say a lady in Texas gets an abortion at 12 weeks instead of 6, and her mom (who never did get along with her daughter and really wanted a grandchild) gets all her medical records and posts them on Facebook, and the MSM picks up the story and pretty soon everybody in the great state of Texas knows her name, where she lives, and that she had an abortion.

How many people in Texas can sue her for $10,000 each? Can I rent a mailbox at a UPS store and then sue her, without actually having to move to Texas? If I swear that I'm the pastor of the High and Mighty Roly-Poly Church of the Near Insane (we're Christians), do I get my $10,000 before the damn Methodists and Catholics get a nickel? Here's my Motion to Get Paid First, me'n 47 thousand other people are filing pretty much the same thing. It's from a template we found on Facebook.

Whaddya mean I can't file my motion yet? I stood in line for 6 hours, and all of us are suing that one lady! :doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Foggy, IIRC, the law exempts the host/vessel from suit.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

My grandmother got an abortion. She matter of factly told me that it was during the depression and they couldn't afford the child they had. My Mom was born in 1929. Grandma never had any other children. I wonder if the abortion made her unable to.
Mom hated being an only child. Had 6 kids.

My oldest sister (Basketball Sweetheart) was date raped by the captain of the football team. Right before R v W. She tried to commit suicide by an overdose of aspirin. None of us kids or my Dad (he'd kill her) knew she was pregnant. Mom sent her out of town to have the baby. Sis and her husband searched for decades to find her child. She desperately wanted to know if the child was OK after the aspirin OD.

College roommate got knocked up. Also just before R v W. Had an abortion. Almost died a few years later after she married and got pregnant. Doc said she could never have anymore children as the (illegal) abortion messed her up.

How often do you hear about women being messed up by an abortion since it was legalized? Unfortunately, we still hear about girls committing suicide because they are pregnant and don't have options.

I feel like we are going back to the dark ages...
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: how is this law worded, does it cover spontaneous abortions like in a (car) accident. Will drivers now be accessories to abortion?
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

Can somebody in Texas confirm that all Texas rapists have a scarlet "R" on their foreheads?

They don't have that here in CA, so we can't arrest them all.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Sequoia32 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:43 pm Can somebody in Texas confirm that all Texas rapists have a scarlet "R" on their foreheads?

They don't have that here in CA, so we can't arrest them all.
It's not on their foreheads, it's on their voter registration cards.
:rimshot:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:33 pm Question: how is this law worded, does it cover spontaneous abortions like in a (car) accident. Will drivers now be accessories to abortion?
If a woman in texas aborts as a result of COVId caught as a result of Abbot's face mask ban.. can he be sued?
How many people can sue him?
Noting Foggy - you don't need to be in Texas to sue Abbot under this law.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Another idea for a sign.
E-293LCUYAAxqp8.jpg
E-293LCUYAAxqp8.jpg (157.08 KiB) Viewed 879 times

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

realist

Post by realist »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 pm
They did.

Image X 4
Image X 32
tek

Post by tek »

NEWS: The Biden administration is preparing to sue Texas over its new law banning most abortions, an action that would set off a federal-state clash
There might have been a prior legislative action that set off a federal-state clash, just sayin'
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Where does the $10,000 bounty come from? The state or the woman?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I believe whomever is successfully sued for helping her, doctor, neighbor, partner...

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:40 am I believe whomever is successfully sued for helping her, doctor, neighbor, partner...
I bet the deep pocket docs are gonna be PISSED when a bunch of women show up at their clinics being chauffeured by some homeless guy they paid 10 bucks to drive them there. And how many people will actually follow through with all the time and energy required to sue someone when they don't get the big payoff at the end? I'm thinking the women with enough money to cover the judgment are the ones with enough money to go to another state for their abortions anyway.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

New TV show - Texas Uterine Bounty Hunters.

Bad girl, bad girl, what cha gonna do when they come for you.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”