Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Election Lawsuits

Volkonski
Verified:

Election Lawsuits

Post by Volkonski »

Democracy Docket
@DemocracyDocket
Police cars revolving lightALERT: Conservative activist Jere Fabick sues the Wisconsin Election Commission to ban community ballot collection and drop boxes and prohibit election officials from correcting missing info on absentee ballots before statewide elections on April 6th.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Re: Election Lawsuits

Post by Chilidog »

Any info on this case?

Genetski v. Benson

The right wingers are yapping about it.
bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:11 pm Any info on this case?

Genetski v. Benson

The right wingers are yapping about it.
The ruling.

Executive summary: Much ado about a teapot-based tempest.

The Michigan Secretary of State in 2020 had issued "guidance" to local clerks on how to inspect signatures on absentee-voter applications and ballots. The court ruled the "guidance" actually was a rule, but one that did not comply with the rulemaking procedures.

The decision is short on remedy. But the implication is that this guidance can't be used for future elections.

The ruling says there's no evidence that this improper rule affected the 2020 election, so it denied the request to audit the 2020 election results. The court noted that the named plaintiff (Genetski, a local election official) did not allege that the guidance had caused him to accept even one otherwise questioned signature.
Image ImageImage
realist

Post by realist »

Thanks, bob.

:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Another attempt to overturn the 2020 election. :roll:
CIVIL ACTION NO. 6:21-CV-162

JEREMY BRAVO, LINDSEY
NGUYEN, “P.P.”, AND “D.D.,” FOR
THEMSELVES AND AS CLASS
REPRESENTATIVES,
Plaintiffs.

v.

NANCY PELOSI, MITCH
McCONNELL, CHUCK SCHUMER,
MARK ZUCKERBERG, BRAD
RAFFENSPERGER, ALL
MEMBERS OF THE 117TH U.S.
CONGRESS, ALL 50 STATE
GOVERNORS AND SECRETARIES
OF STATE, JACK DORSEY, MIKE
PODHORZER, PETE SESSIONS,
DEMOCRATIC CONGRESSIONAL
CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE,
DEMOCRATIC SENATE
CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE,
REPUBLICAN NATIONAL
COMMITTEE,
Defendants.
https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/59 ... -v-pelosi/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Dunford
@questauthority
·
1h
Election-ish Something Pretending To Be Serious Litigation Update:

There is an amended complaint in Gondor II. (Bravo v Pelosi.)

Yes, we'll cover it on stream tonight. 7:30 Central. Link in bio.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

There is a substantial likelihood that Plaintiffs will prevail on the merits of their claims
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Stops... takes breath.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

It is self-evident that...

It is self-evident that...
IANAL but that does not seem like a good statement to use multiple times in a legal filing.

I am not sure how he intends Pete Sessions and Mark Zuckenberg to be booted from the office and stop acting unconstitutionally.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

The Georgia Legislature was probably tempted to pass a bill stating that each POC who voted only had 40% of the vote of a White person, but they knew that such a law would only get them 4 favorable votes at SCOTUS: Alito, Gorsuch, Thomas and Barrett.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sterngard friegen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 pm The Georgia Legislature was probably tempted to pass a bill stating that each POC who voted only had 40% of the vote of a White person, but they knew that such a law would only get them 4 favorable votes at SCOTUS: Alito, Gorsuch, Thomas and Barrett.
You have much more faith in Roberts and Kavanaygh than I...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

sterngard friegen wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:50 pm The Georgia Legislature was probably tempted to pass a bill stating that each POC who voted only had 40% of the vote of a White person, but they knew that such a law would only get them 4 favorable votes at SCOTUS: Alito, Gorsuch, Thomas and Barrett.
A strict constitutionist on the SCOTUS would want 3/5th of the white vote.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MN lawyer sanctioned $10,000 for filing election challenges without plaintiffs’ knowledge

https://www.twincities.com/2021/03/26/m ... knowledge/
A Minnesota attorney who filed legal challenges to the November election of five congressional Democrats was given a $10,000 sanction Friday after a judge found she “bamboozled” voters into signing on as plaintiffs without their knowledge or permission.

“Susan Shogren Smith … perpetrated a fraud against this court and, more importantly, perpetrated a fraud against these plaintiffs,” Ramsey County Chief District Judge Leonardo Castro said from the bench.

Shogren Smith is a member of the MN Election Integrity Team, a conservative group that sought to prevent the state from certifying its election results while President Donald Trump and his allies promoted unfounded claims of election fraud.

:snippity:

Shogren Smith acknowledged she never spoke with the plaintiffs or informed them of the outcome of the case, even when Braun and two other unwitting plaintiffs were ordered to pay $3,873 to the defendants at the conclusion of the case.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Democracy Docket
@DemocracyDocket
The DOJ has determined that Oneida County, NY did NOT process thousands of eligible voter registrations and threw out hundreds of valid provisional ballots, violating the rights of voters. Democrats lost NY-22, which includes Oneida, by just 109 votes.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Marc E. Elias
@marceelias
In addition to the new Georgia lawsuit, we are continuing to represent
@fairfightaction
in its lawsuit against vote suppression outfit True the Vote.
filly

Post by filly »

True the Vote was the voter suppression organization that Sharon Meroni was affiliated with. Dirtbags.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

TRAPEZOID OF DISCOVERY
@get_innocuous
Got tipped off through a Q telegram channel to an absolutely bonkers "Quo Warranto" lawsuit, that will supposedly force the removal of pretty much all of Congress, Biden & Harris, and John Roberts. Folks in the channel are STOKED. cc
@questauthority
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

TRAPEZOID OF DISCOVERY
@get_innocuous
·
23m
Weird, seems like that was removed. Trying again: https://gofile.io/d/7Bmeg4 (if anyone knows of reliable, free anonymous file hosting, let me know)

https://gofile.io/d/7Bmeg4
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:55 pm TRAPEZOID OF DISCOVERY
@get_innocuous
·
23m
Weird, seems like that was removed. Trying again: https://gofile.io/d/7Bmeg4 (if anyone knows of reliable, free anonymous file hosting, let me know)
Well, removed from whatever site it was on, but here it is on CourtListener

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 79.1.0.pdf

I have not bothered to read. She did pay the filing fee, but I found the following:
03/01/2021 SUMMONS Not Issued as to JOSEPH R. BIDEN, JR, KAMALA DEVI HARRIS, NANCY PATRICIA PELOSI, JOHN GLOVER ROBERTS, JR., ROBERT M. WILKINSON (znmw) (Entered: 03/17/2021)
Not issued? Not sure I have seen that before.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

SO the dead-enders have been screaming about Arizona for months. This is the holy grail for Lindell, Patrick Byrne, et al. Still don't really understand it because even if they were right 1) It still wouldn't be enough EVs to change the election, and 2) As we discussed during the dopey #Revote nonsense/grift, it takes the 25th Amendment or Impeach/Remove to get a president out of office. Suspect this has just been a big greasy wheel of grift. Stand by for GOAL POSTING MOVING from Bryne & Lindell :lol: And when you say greasy or grift, you're talking Gateway House of Boys!
BREAKING: Law Firms Now Threatening to Sue the Auditors Selected by the Arizona Senate Who Just Want to Determine the Accuracy of the Election Results in Maricopa County
By Joe Hoft Published April 6, 2021 at 7:50pm

The circus never ends in Arizona as now law firms are threatening suits against the auditors selected by the Arizona Senate to audit the questionable results in Maricopa County from the 2020 Election. here really must be some bad stuff lingering in the results of the 2020 Election in Maricopa County because the Democrats and the county’s Board of Supervisors are doing everything they can to prevent an adequate audit of the results in the county. News12 in Phoenix reported this morning:
Arizona Senate Republicans’ plans to recount Maricopa County’s 2020 presidential vote face a new legal challenge.

In a letter emailed Tuesday to the Senate’s hired auditors, attorneys for the non-profit voting-rights group Protect Democracy and three Phoenix firms warn that the auditors’ plan to knock on doors to search for voters likely violates state and federal law.

The lawyers say lawsuits could follow if the audit proceeds as planned.

“These tactics – no matter their intent – constitute illegal voter intimidation and might expose your companies to both civil and criminal penalties,” according to the letter to the four firms working on the audit.
Of course, the results in the county are questionable. Joe Biden was the first Democrat to win the county in 72 years. This makes no sense since Biden and Harris couldn’t even fill a few circles at a joint event before the November election. President Trump, however, held massive rallies in the state before the election.

The Democrats are doing all they can to stop the audit in the county for months. They sued the Senate. They took the Senate to Court. They forced the Senate to update the law to address crazy accusations by the county. They selected their own auditors to audit the county, claiming they were certified when they were not.

These auditors did a superficial if not a horrible job. Then when the Senate decides to go with their own auditors, the County Board of Supervisors unilaterally loaded the ballots up on a truck and drove them around the city. This was likely totally illegal. One thing is clear – the Democrat Party, the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, and now some legal firms are doing all they can to prevent an accurate counting of legitimate ballots in the county.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... pa-county/

Here's the letter that put fear in their black hearts: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... dit-_final
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Democracy Docket
@DemocracyDocket
Police cars revolving lightALERT:
@VoteAmerica
and
@VoterCenter
file lawsuit in Georgia challenging #SB202, claiming that the provisions violate the 1st and 14th Amendments. #gapol

Read their full complaint hereDown pointing backhand index

https://t.co/9WMlPiKTUK?amp=1
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Brad Heath
@bradheath
Lawyers for Wisconsin
@GovEvers
say ex-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell's "nonsensical" motion opposing sanctions for her failed election-overturning lawsuit didn't follow local court rules so "is itself sanctionable by this Court."
https://courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usc ... .107.0.pdf
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

SCOTUS declines to hear PA lawsuit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics ... index.html
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:35 pm SCOTUS declines to hear PA lawsuit.

They avoided the central issue of whether the governor could extend the voting times due to the pandemic by calling the suit moot.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:07 pm
noblepa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:35 pm SCOTUS declines to hear PA lawsuit.

They avoided the central issue of whether the governor could extend the voting times due to the pandemic by calling the suit moot.
I thought I read that the lower courts ruled that the plaintiffs lacked standing and SCOTUS declined to overturn that decision.

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”