Trump’s foreign policy has devolved into chaos

Dan1100

Re: Trump’s foreign policy has devolved into chaos

Post by Dan1100 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:19 am

Orlylicious wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:01 am
So Donald is going to meet Kim at the DMV. First president to walk into NK, and a ridulous publicity stunt. There's a reason no president has gone. What an unfit dotus. CNN is covering live.

Any chance North Korea will keep him there and not let him out? That would be cool. :lol:
So Trump will have to take a number, wait for 2 hours, and then be told that he doesn't have all his paperwork?
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 am

After all this hard work why doesn't Trump take off a few days and vacation in the Dominican Republic?

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:55 am

Kim is keeping him waiting. Kinda dangerous for him to stand up there so long with a hot mic.

tek

Post by tek » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:30 am

PANMUNJOM, South Korea, (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said he and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un agreed on Sunday to resume stalled nuclear talks when they met in the Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) between the two Koreas.
Well! I guess that's that then! We're done here!

:sarcasm:
There's no way back
from there to here

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 am

Well played, Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un. Well played.
You win this one.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 am

I sleep with my TV on, (I know, hate me if you will) and woke up, facing away from it, to him naming every US National in Korea I think. I was still more asleep than awake so I was dreaming along with the TV. In my dream, this was all taking place in the garage area of a Ford Plant and I was sneaking cookies from the bake sale table just in front of the podium.

It made more sense in my dream I think than in reality.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:31 am

Gregg wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 am
I sleep with my TV on, (I know, hate me if you will) and woke up, facing away from it, to him naming every US National in Korea I think. I was still more asleep than awake so I was dreaming along with the TV. In my dream, this was all taking place in the garage area of a Ford Plant and I was sneaking cookies from the bake sale table just in front of the podium.
If it weren't for the remote control I would have thrown countless objects through my television screens by now. I can barely change the channel fast enough as it is when I see Trump's mug and hear his voice early in the morning.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:08 am

So trump went to Kim's front door, pleaded with Kim to come out and play with him, and when Kim saw another opportunity to exploit trump's man-crush, he took it. That should be good for another 2-3 missile tests, right?
ImageImageImage x4

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:47 am

neonzx wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 am
Well played, Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un. Well played.
You win this one.
Yup. So, what is it up to at this point? KJU 5 - DJT 0

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

KJU continuing to lead Trump around by a nose ring. What an embarrassing moron. And this time all instigated by the moron himself, KJU doesn't even really have to do anything any more, apparently.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:51 am

Trump needed some press. He’s down in the polls so had to manufacture some news.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:10 am

I believe he invited him to the White House. :crying:

What a stupid, stupid man twitler is.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:10 am
I believe he invited him to the White House. :crying:

What a stupid, stupid man twitler is.
Did he offer to send Air Force One to pick him up? The Train ain't gonna make it, and North Korea doesn't have any planes capable or making the trip, or at least without making about 10 stops for fuel, new engines and such. Not that I would put past Emperor Cheeto to offer a ride, hell, he might go pick him up with the plane, they could screen the pee tape on the flight, between clips from Nuremberg Rallys and Fox News.

And I know that the pee tape is real. :mrgreen:

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Cross-posting

Politico
How Trump’s ‘weaponized’ use of foreign aid is backfiring

In Venezuela, some aid groups are asking U.S. officials if they can strip legally required U.S. branding from assistance sent to the country, three aid officials told POLITICO.

Aid groups working in Venezuela are eager to receive planeloads of humanitarian assistance from the United States, hoping to alleviate severe food and medicine shortages throughout the country.

But many of them don’t want the U.S. label attached to it.

President Donald Trump has so closely linked U.S. humanitarian assistance to his attempt to oust Venezuelan strongman Nicolas Maduro — even placing goods along the country’s border as an incentive for Venezuelans to revolt — that some groups are asking U.S. officials if they can strip legally required U.S. branding from aid sent to Venezuela, three aid officials told POLITICO.

Some organizations are looking at other options, such as seeing if the U.S. funding can be masked by routing it through the United Nations, or at ways to diversify their funding sources so that they can use more non-American aid to help Venezuelans, various aid experts said.

The situation reflects broader fears that Trump’s unusually politicized approach to handing out U.S. aid worldwide is backfiring, tarnishing America’s brand and possibly risking the lives of people from Latin America to the Palestinian territories.

“The Trump administration seems to have weaponized humanitarian assistance,” said Larry Sampler, a former career employee at the U.S. Agency for International Development. “We used to be able to say we’re not choosing sides, that all we’re doing is alleviating human suffering. We’ve lost that now.”

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm

It’s unnerving how needy he is.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm

"Obama always wanted the clap, he begged to catch the clap, but he never got it. I've had the clap more times than I can count, and I've had better clap than anyone ever had, trust me!"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:29 pm

:clap:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 am

:yeah:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:31 am

New York Times
Waning of American Power? Trump Struggles With an Asia in Crisis

The Trump administration has taken a hands-off approach to conflicts — from Kashmir to Hong Kong to the rivalry between Japan and South Korea — as Asian officials escalate the battles.

WASHINGTON — For two and a half years, President Trump has said he is finally doing in Asia what he asserts his predecessor, Barack Obama, failed to achieve with a strategic pivot: strengthen American influence and rally partners to push back against China.

But as violence escalates and old animosities are rekindled across Asia, Washington has chosen inaction, and governments are ignoring the Trump administration’s mild admonitions and calls for calm. Whether it is the internal battles in India and Hong Kong or the rivalry between two American allies, Japan and South Korea, Mr. Trump and his advisers are staying on the sidelines.

The inability or unwillingness of Washington to help defuse the flash points is one of the clearest signs yet of the erosion of American power and global influence under Mr. Trump, who has stuck to his “America First” idea of disengagement, analysts say.

“Without the steady centripetal force of American diplomacy, disorder in Asia is spinning in all sorts of dangerous directions,” said William J. Burns, a deputy secretary of state in the Obama administration and the president of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “The net result is not only increased risk of regional turbulence, but also long-term corrosion of American influence.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm

How will America be a leading power when it stripped the State Department from all knowledge? How will America intend to lead when its president knows nothing about history in general, nor local history of conflicts? How will America try to resolve conflicts when it may need the assistance of an allie after confronting thee friends and their politicians?

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Truly, it's more depressing by the day, Eurobot. The least you can do is gimme a hug. :crying:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 pm
Truly, it's more depressing by the day, Eurobot. The least you can do is gimme a hug. :crying:
:grouphug:

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:28 pm

ty :kiss:

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 am

Daily Beast: ‘Absolute Amateur Hour’: Team Trump Mangles Messages to Iran

Allies are steamed, national-security officials are baffled, and even the president is pissed about the contradictory signals the administration is sending about talks with Iran.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:45 am

:blackeye:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:12 am

Addie wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 am
Daily Beast: ‘Absolute Amateur Hour’: Team Trump Mangles Messages to Iran

Allies are steamed, national-security officials are baffled, and even the president is pissed about the contradictory signals the administration is sending about talks with Iran.
Maybe it was common knowledge in diplomatic circles, or one country was very pissed cause they were on good way to establish a backchannel when they got called back or disavoued by change of voiced policy and leaked the information. But Iranian diplomats will be reading TheDailyBeast with interest, had they not known before about all those approches thru various diplomatic channels. What they now have in writing is that dotus is not a leader in his administration, they now know they can play with him. Also why would this administration try to reach out first, is that approach part of the Art Of The Deal? Is dotus so in need of a glamourous completion of a deal for the upcoming elections? The Iranians will recognize that too, as does Dear Leader Kim. If the Iranians think they can get a really good deal back again, possibly but unlikely they could agree on something that benefits them. More likely they will know to wait until after the elections and go on from there, also hoping for a more responsible and trustworthy administration taking over.

Return to “Foreign Policy”