Amazon

Addie

Re: Amazon

Post by Addie »

Link? ty

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I'm glad you asked because NOW IT SAYS THE ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK AND CAN'T BE ORDERED.

Whereas yesterday morning they said it was ALREADY ON THE TRUCK AND OUT FOR DELIVERY.

Bastids! :madguy:

Did that link work? Because it's not working for me, but I'm logged in to Amazon. :doh:
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Addie

Post by Addie »

I don't see a link at all, Fogs.

What was the exact name of the product? I'm trying to find it on Amazon.mx

Found it. Sorry

-----------------

You should contact customer service. I've had good luck with them over the years.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

The delivery van could have had mechanical problems. Or the driver could have had an emergency.

Or since Amazon is now out of stock someone desperate to get one might have hijacked the van. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Addie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:22 am
You should contact customer service. I've had good luck with them over the years.
Well, it says on the first graphic I uploaded that if it isn't here by Thursday to contact them for help.

In stores and banks and places, I always tell people "You'll know right away if I start to get impatient. You won't need to guess." :mrgreen:

But that's just one of my patented one-liners. I have many of those. :blink:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Who is the delivery company? UPS is usually a rock star in our location, but they have the cover your a** when there's a screw up
. More than once a package is marked out for delivery and it never comes. Then the next day there's a total reset on package process back to the origin scan and it shows up that day.

Not Amazon related shipping, it one time we had the early AM delivery for two packages, one UPS, one FedEx. Ups showed at first light like it was supposed to. FedEx was hours late. I complained, because the early deliveries were $$$ compared to standard next day delivery. They started to give me this song and dance about severe flooding delaying the delivery. I called them on that because UPS operates out of the same hub, Boeing field and they made it through. Also, the *flooding* going on was in Chehalis, which is miles south of Seattle.

I got my refund.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Kendra wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:50 am
Who is the delivery company?
Prime has (Mercedes-Benz) trucks all over this town, but I think UPS also delivers their stuff. You never know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

FYI Amazon will give you a small credit when a package arrives after a promised date. Only five bucks or so, but yeah, I take it. May be just for prime members c
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie »

I'm curious. Has anyone used one of these Gaiam Balanceball chairs?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Looks like a Physical Therapist's torture device!
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Addie

Post by Addie »

I like Foggy's better, but I'm not sure if my knees would be up to snuff. I do need to do something for my back.
TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Is there a way to adjust the height? Other than letting air in and out. That would be my first question.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

I’ve only had two “negative” experiences with Amazon, and they weren’t that negative. I ordered vacuum cleaner bags, and when I opened the box it was a melamine bowl and a soda stream bottle. I sent Amazon an e- mail, they put the vacuum bags on the next truck and told me to keep the other stuff with their compliments.

The other was like Foggy’s “out for delivery”... kept getting delay notifications... no longer out for delivery... out of stock... hasn’t been invented yet... Fortunately for me, it wasn’t anything as spiffy (and specific) as Foggy’s chair. It was something I could easily have purchased from the Home Depot less than a mile from my house if only I would get off my lazy as... well, nevermind.

Anyhoo, I’ve been happy with Amazon.

ETA: When the delivery is by Amazon or a last-mile contractor, they’ll snap a photo of the item on the stoop. I can always tell if they put it on my neighbor’s stoop because they all look slightly different.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Addie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:00 pm
I like Foggy's better, but I'm not sure if my knees would be up to snuff. I do need to do something for my back.
TexasFilly wrote:
My orthopedic surgeon always said sitting is the worst thing you can do for your back. So, I sit most of the day!
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Addie

Post by Addie »

So do I. It's terrible. When I think of it, I get up and march around for a while swinging my arms, but I have to think of it. I've never had knee problems, actually, but when I'm out walking, I've wondered if it could be coming on because :geezerette:
TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:39 pm
Addie wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:
My orthopedic surgeon always said sitting is the worst thing you can do for your back. So, I sit most of the day!

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Addie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:42 pm
I'm curious. Has anyone used one of these Gaiam Balanceball chairs?

Quilters love them! At every retreat we go to there are multiple women who lug those things around with them. Pink seems to be the favorite color. Because we not only sit, but sit hunched over pushing fabric though the machine for hours on end, a good chair and proper table height are critical.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Thanks, Sugar. That's good to know. :blink:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Heights from 5' to 5'11". I'm an inch too tall. That might not be critical, but I'm already uneasy about being near the top of its spec.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:39 pm
Addie wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:
speaking from experience here... if you must sit, do not cross your legs! It puts stress on the nerve running over to top of your knee-bone, potentially damaging the nerve.

I was walking with my friend and she said, “why are you limping?” I didn’t think I was, and I realized my foot was slapping the ground rather than rolling from heel to toe like it should. I googled “why does my foot slap the ground” and discovered that’s usually the first symptom of Lou Gehrig's. FREAKED ME OUT! Got in to see a neurologist right away for a nerve conduction study. Good news: no Lou Gehrig’s. Bad news: he could not guarantee that it would get better (fortunately it did). But he said it’s caused by crossing your legs, and it’s one of those things where you’re fine until you’re not fine. And the recovery can progress, and then just stop. I was very lucky.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Addie

Post by Addie »

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the customer reviews that bigger men should order the one that's marked "75CM." I couldn't tell you where I read it, though. As to your earlier question, Zeke, you do have to add air once a month or so. The thing is, people use these as exercise balls and I can't be sure if I was reading about that usage or the desk chair, so you can't take my word for it.
ZekeB wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:56 pm
Heights from 5' to 5'11". I'm an inch too tall. That might not be critical, but I'm already uneasy about being near the top of its spec.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Addie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm
I'm pretty sure I read in one of the customer reviews that bigger men should order the one that's marked "75CM." I couldn't tell you where I read it, though. As to your earlier question, Zeke, you do have to add air once a month or so. The thing is, people use these as exercise balls and I can't be sure if I was reading about that usage or the desk chair, so you can't take my word for it.
ZekeB wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:56 pm
The quilters I know keep them pretty firmly inflated. A couple of them have handy little pumps they bring with them.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Yeah, the little pumps come with the ball when you buy it.
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 pm
Addie wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:09 pm
The quilters I know keep them pretty firmly inflated. A couple of them have handy little pumps they bring with them.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

But my chair is a rocking chair. Look at it.

If they ever decide to deliver it, it will be a rocking chair. :blink:

Them beach ball chairs don't rock. :nope:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

I want a glider. A recliner/glider.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Foggy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:47 am

Them beach ball chairs don't rock. :nope:
But they do roll.

Return to “Economy”