The Airline Industry

Northland10

The Airline Industry

Post by Northland10 »

tek wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:12 pm for at least a little while longer, "if it's Boeing, I'm not going"
Right now, for me, it really doesn't matter. I am not going if it is Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, or Sopwith.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
neonzx

The Airline Industry

Post by neonzx »

Northland10 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:41 pm
tek wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:12 pm for at least a little while longer, "if it's Boeing, I'm not going"
Right now, for me, it really doesn't matter. I am not going if it is Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, or Sopwith.
Same here. My holiday/vacation plans all got nixed back in July.
A family member had a wedding in September, but beyond the small wedding party and (local)parents, the couple made everyone else attend remotely. Certainly not ideal, but on the flip-side, saved everyone money. (and I gifted the newlyweds a bit more because I didn't have to travel/hotel and they didn't have to feed or drunk me.) :blink:

Somerset

The Airline Industry

Post by Somerset »

I'm the opposite. My work requires me to be in Singapore quite a bit (~4 times a year, for 1~3 weeks at a time), as well as other countries in Asia/SE Asia. Not being able to spend time with lab colleagues and customers has limited my value to the company, so I'll be on a plane as soon as it's safe and as soon as those countries will allow non-residents to enter. Realistically, April of next year at the earliest.

Volkonski

The Airline Industry

Post by Volkonski »

Air transport in turmoil as flights from UK banned

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... ce=twitter
Under initial restrictions, which came into force on Monday, carriers faced a mixed bag of conditions.

Italy and Germany exempted cargo and medical flights from their bans on flights from the United Kingdom, which has said a new, more easily transmissible variant of the coronavirus is spreading rapidly.

Romania also exempted mail flights, but it was not immediately clear to what extent postal services would be hit elsewhere.

Germany’s Deutsche Post said earlier it was halting all deliveries of parcels to Britain.

France, Latvia and Bulgaria banned all flights from Britain with no apparent exemptions, according to notices to pilots. Britain expressed surprised at the inclusion of freight.

Airlines operating in London Heathrow, meanwhile, were warned to ensure passengers do not become stranded in Britain and “can be appropriately routed to the final destination”.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

The Airline Industry

Post by RTH10260 »

Boeing 737 Max Resumes Flying U.S. Passengers After 2-Year Halt
American Airlines used the plane, which was grounded in March 2019 after two fatal crashes, on a flight from Miami to New York.

By Niraj Chokshi
Dec. 29, 2020 Updated 12:16 p.m. ET

Boeing’s troubled 737 Max plane returned to American skies on Tuesday, carrying paying passengers in the United States for the first time in almost two years.

Those passengers were aboard American Airlines Flight 718, which left Miami around 10:30 a.m. The plane is scheduled to land in New York at 1:30 p.m., before making the return trip on Tuesday afternoon, ending a long and difficult chapter for Boeing.

The Max was grounded worldwide in March 2019 after 346 people were killed in a pair of crashes, separated by months, in Indonesia and Ethiopia. The accidents and revelations about the plane’s shortcomings sullied the company’s reputation and cost it tens of billions of dollars in damages, government fines and lost orders.

The Federal Aviation Administration, which has been criticized by lawmakers and safety experts for doing a poor job in certifying the Max in the first place, last month became the first major regulator to lift its grounding order, requiring Boeing and the airlines that use the Max to install software updates, modify wiring and make other changes to the plane before it could fly again.

The F.A.A. has since been joined by regulators in Brazil. Canadian and European aviation officials are expected to follow with approvals within weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/29/busi ... eturn.html

Volkonski

The Airline Industry

Post by Volkonski »

DFW, Love Field Airports Closed Until 5:30 p.m., All Incoming and Outgoing Flights Delayed

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/full- ... as_twt_shr
Flights at both Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and Dallas Love Field are temporarily halted Wednesday at the request of the FAA, NBC 5 has learned.

The Federal Aviation Administration confirmed on Wednesday that Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport is closed for all incoming and outgoing flights until 5:30 p.m. A spokesperson from Dallas Love Field Airport also confirmed that all incoming and outgoing flights at that airport have also been temporarily halted.

The FAA said the delay is happening for multiple reasons, including thunderstorms and COVID-19. A spokesperson confirmed that the Regional Air Traffic Control center is getting cleaned and that is one reason for the delays.

Information from the FAA shows at least one failed COVID-19 test among personnel at the Fort Worth Air Route Traffic Control Center on several dates this month, including 12/23, 12/28 and 12/30. The FAA also indicates that the control center is operational, but that the facility will be cleaned Wednesday between 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

RTH10260

The Airline Industry

Post by RTH10260 »

Boeing Reaches $2.5 Billion Settlement With U.S. Over 737 Max
The company agreed to a deferred prosecution agreement with the Justice Department.

By Niraj Chokshi and Michael S. Schmidt
Jan. 7, 2021

Boeing agreed to pay more than $2.5 billion in a legal settlement with the Justice Department stemming from the 737 Max debacle, the government said on Thursday. The agreement resolves a criminal charge that Boeing conspired to defraud the Federal Aviation Administration, which regulates the company and evaluates its planes.

more details here https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/busi ... tment.html?

DejaMoo

The Airline Industry

Post by DejaMoo »

Alaska Airlines puts 14 people on no-fly list after disruption out of D.C
Alaska Airlines said on Friday it has banned 14 passengers from future travel with the carrier after what it called “unacceptable” behavior on a flight from Washington Dulles to Seattle.

Seattle-based Alaska said a number of passengers on a flight out of Washington late Thursday “were non-mask compliant, rowdy, argumentative and harassed our crew members.”

“Because of their actions and non-compliance, we have banned 14 of those passengers from future travel with us,” the airline said in a statement.

The union representing American Airlines’ flight attendants, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA), also raised alarm about passengers “exhibiting politically motivated aggression towards other passengers and crew” on flights this week.

I've heard this bull before.
Volkonski

The Airline Industry

Post by Volkonski »

Emir Sfaxi
@EmirSX
·
Jan 10, 2021
Tonight this lady refused to wear her mask abord the @AmericanAir flight from Charlotte NC towards #WashingtonDC DCA. She was yelling and gave a speech about “tyranny”. The passengers in neighboring rows moved.
She calmed down when officers in civilian outfit intervened
#COVID19

Return to “Economy”