DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Kendra

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:42 pm
I don't understand the screams if it was indeed a suicide. Did he have second thoughts?
Somewhere on the internet I saw something that it might have been the guards doing the screaming when they discovered him dead. I forget where I saw it, so no link.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:00 pm

So much speculation as fact running rife on this right now.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Reality Check wrote:
I don't understand the screams if it was indeed a suicide. Did he have second thoughts?
Happens all the time. We had several suicide attempts a week where they took pills or sliced their wrists, then changed their mind and called 911. Sadly, you don't get that chance when you use a gun.

Regarding the screams, it was most likely guards who found him. It's doubtful he could have yelled very loud with the bedsheet around his throat. I'm not going to touch the intruder in his cell theory until I see something more definitive.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Kendra wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Reality Check wrote:
Somewhere on the internet I saw something that it might have been the guards doing the screaming when they discovered him dead. I forget where I saw it, so no link.

Yes, it seemed to me that if he was found one, or two hours after his death, it would be the guards shrieking because they knew they were fucked for falsifying logs.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 am
It also says, according to Epstein's lawyers, he was almost delusional in his belief that he was going to beat the charges, and still had a chance of house arrest on appeal. They say he was upbeat and looking forward to Sundays meeting. Again, it's the Post, and the remarks came from Epstein's lawyers who may have a reason to keep the CT going.
Being upbeat one moment and then being distraught enough to commit suicide is not all that surprising.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:21 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 am
It also says, according to Epstein's lawyers, he was almost delusional in his belief that he was going to beat the charges, and still had a chance of house arrest on appeal. They say he was upbeat and looking forward to Sundays meeting. Again, it's the Post, and the remarks came from Epstein's lawyers who may have a reason to keep the CT going.
Being upbeat one moment and then being distraught enough to commit suicide is not all that surprising.
This is true, especially bipolar people. Also, there sometimes is a feeling of relief once a suicidal person has made peace with their decision.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm

My focus would be the professional social worker/psychologist/psychiatrist who didn’t anticipate problems with the release of the previously sealed documents. That was in the news several days before the release.
Edit: And Bill Barr.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Reality Check wrote:
I see the screams info was posted above.
:gotalink:
Also, although I have no experience with suicide, I expect there might be automatic reactions to the trauma one inflicts on oneself, such as screams.

ETA: Oh. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeffrey-ep ... al-center/
On the morning of Jeffrey Epstein's death there was shouting and shrieking from his jail cell, a source familiar with the situation told CBS News. Corrections officers attempted to revive him while saying "breathe, Epstein, breathe."
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm

I think that I read that Epstein’s lawyers lawyered up after he died, so maybe no reason to believe much of what they say. No links, still only have iPad.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:05 pm

SLQ wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Reality Check wrote:
I see the screams info was posted above.
:gotalink:
Also, although I have no experience with suicide, I expect there might be automatic reactions to the trauma one inflicts on oneself, such as screams.

It's in the NY Post link a few posts back. But it IS the NY Post so there's that.
My mistake, that was a different NY Post article.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/13/screams-r ... g-he-died/
Screams could be heard coming from Jeffrey Epstein’s jail cell the morning he was found dead — as corrections workers frantically tried to revive him, urging, “Breathe, Epstein, breathe

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm

I've heard this bull before.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:28 pm
:-D

I think that's the same guy who, a few days ago, tweeted his condolences to the family of the MCC prison guard that died in a car accident next week.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

That's the way shit happens when Mossad is involved.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/ ... -boss.html
Jeffrey Epstein’s Bodyguard on His Former Boss’s Lifestyle, Cruelty, Suicide

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:38 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-e ... his-death/
Jeffrey Epstein’s gal pal Ghislaine Maxwell spotted at In-N-Out Burger in first photos since his death
:?: :?:

Since I'm international/passport ignorant. How does it work for her getting out of the country? She hasn't been charged with a crime, but can State Department put some kind of hold on her passport so she has to stay put in the US?

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:40 pm

As far as I know, she holds a British passport. I don’t know what difference that makes, though.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:56 pm

One would think she'd want to get out of the country and disappear.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 pm

Details on the picture of Bill Clinton in the blue dress and heels. It’s a real painting.

Did Jeffrey Epstein Have a Painting of Bill Clinton Wearing a Dress in His Flat?
Snopes spoke to the artist behind the painting, who could not corroborate August 2019 news reports that cited anonymous sources.

This much we know: The painting shown in the photograph published by the Daily Mail is authentic. It is entitled “Parsing Bill” and was painted in 2012 by the Australian-American artist Petrina Ryan-Kleid, while she was obtaining a master of fine arts degree from the New York Academy of Art. As of Aug. 15, prints of the painting were available to purchase from the prominent online art gallery Saatchi. A larger version of the work can be viewed here.

In April 2012, Ryan-Kleid was photographed standing next to the work at the Tribeca Ball, an annual art exhibit run by the New York Academy of Art, and a popular event for New York socialites. Ryan-Kleid told Snopes that’s where an unidentified buyer purchased the original work. In an emailed statement, the artist wrote:

“In 2012, as a grad student at the New York Academy of Art, I painted pictures of Presidents Clinton and Bush as part of my Master’s thesis. When the school put on a fundraiser at the Tribecca Ball that year, they sold my painting to one of the attendees. I had no idea who the buyer was at the time. As with most of my paintings, I had completely lost track of this piece when it was sold seven years ago. So it was a complete surprise to me to learn yesterday that it wound up in Epstein’s home.”
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/epste ... -painting/
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:39 pm

The artist apparently intends her paintings to be satirical political commentary: Clinton in the infamous blue dress, Dumbya flying paper airplanes a crashed towers. Here's the latter one, also owned by Epstein:

I've heard this bull before.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:39 am
Wouldn’t he need to jump off something to get the rope to break a bone?
No.

Nobody jumps off of anything when it is broken by ordinary homicidal strangulation.

We are not talking about a vertebra here. We are talking about a much more relatively fragile bone.

What amazes me among the "Epstein was murdered" bunch is that they focus on how the bone is more often broken by strangulation than suicidal hanging. The thing is, most suicidal hangings are by suspension, and Epstein's wasn't.

Fortunately for the CTers, I doubt anyone is going to publish a detailed diagram of how Epstein did it for the simple reason that people tend to copy suicide methods which are generally published, and responsible media is aware of that fact. So the CTers will be able to perpetually revel on the method of Epstein's death being "covered up".

The element of people seeing what they are predisposed to see in this thing is fascinating to watch. A news report includes "screams and shrieks from Epstein's cell" and people (here and elsewhere) wonder how Epstein could have screamed when there is literally nothing in the report to the effect that Epstein made any noise at all.
Thanks pal.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:29 am

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 am
What amazes me among the "Epstein was murdered" bunch is that they focus on how the bone is more often broken by strangulation than suicidal hanging. The thing is, most suicidal hangings are by suspension, and Epstein's wasn't.
The Fake News is trying to make hay of the slight difference too. Anything to promote interest and increase viewership. They did the same thing with Trump. They gave him too much air time in order to hype the story of the day and it ended up helping him get elected.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 am

My first thought was "where did this hyoid bone leak come from?" Next I thought "Michael Baden." He was supposedly present for the autopsy, representing the Epstein folks (unclear who they are). Baden would have an interest in leaking this tidbit.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:36 am

Kendra wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:38 pm
How does it work for her getting out of the country?
You don't need a passport to leave the country.

And before someone says "the airlines ask for it", I'll explain that if you are leaving the country on a commercial airline, then they ask for your passport information to provide the airline with a comfort level that you are not going to be refused entry to that country and thus the airline will be assessed a penalty for bringing you there and also have to transport your ass back. That administrative procedure by the airlines has nothing to do with whether the US government has any control on you leaving (which it does not).

If you want to walk into Tijuana from the crossing south of San Diego, you can walk right in. I haven't been there recently, but while Mexico has a set up on their side of the gate to check people coming in if they want to use it, the last several times I've walked into Tijuana, it was not staffed. But, to be sure, NOBODY from the US checks you on your way out. Likewise, if you want to drive into Canada, you can go right ahead. You will be checked by Canadians on the way in but, again, nobody from the US gives a hoot whether you leave.

Your passport identifies you as a US citizen in a standard format which can be inspected by any countries you are attempting to enter which permit US citizens to visit. For those countries which require a visa for US citizens, you ordinarily obtain a visa from their consular offices here which is placed into your passport.

But as far as "leaving the US" is concerned, there is no requirement that you present a passport or any other documentation to a US official of any kind in order to leave the country.

There is nobody from the US government at all the marinas in south Florida asking whether or not people are sailing to the Bahamas, or anywhere else in the Caribbean when they roll out of the dock. Ditto for marinas in southern California or the Puget Sound area.

Ghislaine Maxwell, for example, has a pilot's license. If she wants to obtain an aircraft and fly herself into another country, then the only issue for her is whether that other country will let her in, not whether the US will let her leave.

But, since flying unbidden into a country which might not want her is problematic, then I'd suggest she get her fill of In-N-Out burgers and walk on into Mexico....

Thanks pal.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks Res, that was very helpful.

Meanwhile, Dersh has surfaced. Haven't read the article he linked to. Crashed three times in my browser.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 am

Maybe read in the light of day and not before bedtime? Will we ever see photos of it all?

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/the-cree ... house.html
The Décor in Jeffrey Epstein’s NYC Townhouse Is the Stuff of Nightmares
:snippity: Human Chessboard
According to one visitor who spoke to the Times, there’s a chessboard at the bottom of the staircase that is hair-raising in its commitment to creeping people the fuck out. Each of its customized figurines is modeled after one of his staffers and “dressed suggestively.”
:snippity:

ETA: Moar here, including some photos: https://nypost.com/2019/08/15/jeffrey-e ... on-photos/

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”