Michael Avenatti

Northland10

Re: Michael Avenatti

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:49 am

Estiveo wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:10 am
Jeez, Avanatti is so petty. I made one little reply (of many replies) to Popehat...
Somebody said this,
MAT1.JPG
And this happened. He didn't even take the time to insult. He's getting sloppy.
MAT2.JPG
This is the first time I have ever been blocked on Twitter (which I rarely use) and all because of a simple comment. :banana:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm

I haven't been blocked, but he doesn't seem to say anything worth reading. He's a really tough guy, just ask him. And miraculously, he hasn't done anything wrong. In other words, not worth one minute of my day. :nope:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:49 pm
I haven't been blocked, but he doesn't seem to say anything worth reading. He's a really tough guy, just ask him. And miraculously, he hasn't done anything wrong. In other words, not worth one minute of my day. :nope:
I have probably been blocked for a couple weeks but did not realize it until today. I think I can live with the block since I think I have briefly looked at his feed once, maybe twice.

boots

Post by boots » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:20 pm

All I can say is there must be something in the water that creates these kooks in OC.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Foggy wrote:
Thanks pal.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:52 pm

The great potty mouthed, soon to be I really really hope ex-, lawyer. I 'm bored now.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:47 pm
Foggy wrote:

And still not indicted!
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 pm

Judge Selna is giving Avenatti no love. Welcome to Federal court, Mike:

Aug 26, 2019

MINUTES (IN CHAMBERS) RULING ON DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL 50 by Judge James V. Selna: Defendant Michael Avenatti ("Avenatti") moves to compel discovery. (Docket No. 50.) The Government has filed an opposition. (Docket No. 55.) The Motion was also served on Brian Weiss, the receiver for Eagan Avenatti, LLP ("Receiver"), and the Receiver has filed an opposition. (Docket No. 59.) Avenatti has replied. (Docket No. 62.) For the reasons set forth below, the motion is denied. (See document for further information.) (es) (Entered: 08/26/2019)

Main Doc
[No document yet.]

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 pm
Judge Selna is giving Avenatti no love. Welcome to Federal court, Mike:

Aug 26, 2019

MINUTES (IN CHAMBERS) RULING ON DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL 50 by Judge James V. Selna: Defendant Michael Avenatti ("Avenatti") moves to compel discovery. (Docket No. 50.) The Government has filed an opposition. (Docket No. 55.) The Motion was also served on Brian Weiss, the receiver for Eagan Avenatti, LLP ("Receiver"), and the Receiver has filed an opposition. (Docket No. 59.) Avenatti has replied. (Docket No. 62.) For the reasons set forth below, the motion is denied. (See document for further information.) (es) (Entered: 08/26/2019)

Main Doc
[No document yet.]
Do we know what the discovery document was trying to get?

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:28 pm

Somerset wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Do we know what the discovery document was trying to get?
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 3.50.0.pdf
Thanks pal.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Ruling:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 3.63.0.pdf

In addition to the Government’s obligation to produce in accordance with Rule 16, Avenatti has two other avenues to review the material on the Subject Devices. First, the Government has offered to allow Avenatti to inspect its forensic copies of the Subject Devicesat the IRC-CI’s offices to allow him to identify relevant information. (Government Opposition,pp. 22-23; see also Docket No. 44, pp. 9-10.) If this review were supervised by the Government’s Privilege Review Team, there could be no danger that Avenatti would be forcedto reveal his work product/defense strategy to the prosecution team. Second, the Receiver has offered to allow Avenatti to review the Subject Devices under the Receiver’s supervision andwith the payment of associated costs. (Government Opposition, p. 23; Receiver Opposition, p.2.) Avenatti is incorrect when he asserts “the only way that the government can ensure that Mr.Avenatti has access to his files in order to properly defend himself in this case is to allow him access.” (Motion, p. 7.)

There are alternatives, and Avenatti has chosen not to avail himself of either offer.
Thanks pal.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 pm
Welcome to Federal court, Mike:
Thanks pal.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 pm

:shock:

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if that was the Judge just offering him a welcome?

(yeah, I know they don't do that, but wouldn't it be funny anyway?)

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:25 pm

And seriously, this is a guy who devotes an unnatural amount of time and effort to coming up with creative insults to total strangers. A guy who went out of his way to make himself known and disliked by millions of people who he seems he needs to insult one at a time.

Its like Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged, without the charm.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Avenatti wants the presumption of innocence he denied to Michael Cohen. The irony is rich.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:43 am

Gregg wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:25 pm
And seriously, this is a guy who devotes an unnatural amount of time and effort to coming up with creative insults to total strangers. A guy who went out of his way to make himself known and disliked by millions of people who he seems he needs to insult one at a time.
Thanks pal.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 am

The guy missed his calling. He'd fit in nicely as Trump's press secretary.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:51 am

I think I will preemptively block Avenatti by sending a nasty DM. It seems to be important for him to get the last word with complete strangers. :lol:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 pm

No, Mike, your response does not make your dick look bigger"

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:57 pm

This guy‘s fifteen minutes of fame passed by months ago.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Gregg wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:54 pm
No, Mike, your response does not make your dick look bigger"
I think he might be on to something, though.

What sort of person would marry him?
Thanks pal.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Sports Illustrated Aug 19
How the Michael Avenatti Case Could Disrupt the Basketball World
Michael Avenatti might not be the most trusted voice, but all eyes will turn to him during a criminal case that centers on extortion and fraud. The Crossover digs into reasons why Avenatti's case could cause concern for the basketball world.
By MICHAEL MCCANN August 19, 2019

Michael Avenatti is not the most trusted narrator, but if the celebrity attorney is to be believed in a new court filing, a Nike employee approved illicit payments to New Orleans Pelicans rookie forward Zion Williamson and Boston Celtics rookie guard Romeo Langford while the two were high school stars. Depending on the trajectory of the federal government’s prosecution against Avenatti, these claims could become problematic for both players as well as for Nike, Duke University and Indiana University.

The accusations appear in a motion that Avenatti’s attorneys, Scott Srebnick and Jose Quinon, recently filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Avenatti hopes to persuade U.S District Judge Paul Gardephe to dismiss the four criminal charges that he faces for allegedly extorting Nike and conspiring with fellow attorney Mark Geragos to commit extortion.

If convicted, Avenatti could face a lengthy prison sentence. The maximum sentence would be 97 years. In reality, however, he would be sentenced to a much shorter term. The sentences for each conviction could be run concurrently, rather than consecutively. Avenatti, 48, also lacks a criminal record to warrant anything approaching a maximum sentence. Still, the one-time presidential candidate could be looking at years in prison if a court finds that he tried to extort Nike.

The reputation of prosecutors from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York is also threatening to Avenatti. Among federal prosecutors, they are perhaps considered the best. Federal prosecutors secure convictions between 85% and 95% of the time, an intimidating data point. The high conviction rate helps to explain why approximately 90% of defendants charged with federal crimes cut deals and plead guilty instead of taking their chances in a trial.

For now, Avenatti is moving forward with a defense as he forcefully maintains his innocence. The longer his defense plays out, the more likely that players, players’ family members, coaches and Nike employees could be forced to testify under oath. They could be forced to explain emails, texts, invoices and bank statements that might implicate them in wrongdoing. As explained below, Avenatti could become a major worry for a number of prominent figures in the basketball and sneaker worlds.
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/08/19/nike- ... -nba-draft

If Nike was really paying high school players, that would be a big deal. Doesn't sound impossible.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:51 am
I think I will preemptively block Avenatti by sending a nasty DM. It seems to be important for him to get the last word with complete strangers. :lol:
He did not respond to my earlier Tweet. He only blocked me. Maybe he had the briefest bit of clarity and realized it might look bad if he DM'd me to tell me I was a nothing after I Tweeted that I thought it was odd that he spent to time to tell nothings that they are nothing.

My irony meeters have been saved, for once.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 am

Nike's misconduct is going to be irrelevant in the trial. The judge will severely limit anything relating to Nike's payoffs. Whatever Nike did doesn't excuse Avenatti's extortion.

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”