Welcome to Fogbow Rebooted. My previous hosting company crashed my server and I couldn't restore the database, so we are starting Fogbow from scratch again. You will have to re-register in order to use the forum, and because of spammers, I will have to approve your membership.
As always, you can dismiss this announcement, little X button top right.

The 2021 NFL Season: Thoughts

John Thomas8

The 2021 NFL Season: Thoughts

Post by John Thomas8 »

Random stuff as I listen to sportsball on YouTube and the local folks.

The Rams are scary with Stafford driving.

Aaron Rogers is immensely annoying. 1 ring in 16 years and multiple failures around that ring. STFU and play, you're getting paid money 99.9999999999% of people on the planet can't even imagine.

Julio Jones<->Cam Newton? Cam will be better than Covid-Cam was last season.

Tampa managed to get the entire starting band back together for a 2nd go. Are they hungry enough?

Dallas post-repaired Zak? Can the draft picks help that putrid defense?

Did the '9ers reach too far with their #3 pick? Kid has played 18 FCS games in 2 years, is he really close to being an NFL QB?

Will Trevor find out the hard way that #1 doesn't always mean the best, given his coach hasn't displayed any self- or situational-awareness this off-season?

Just a bit of what's running around out there now.

sad-cafe

Re: The 2021 NFL Season: Thoughts

Post by sad-cafe »

and KC will win the Super Bowl~!

Editor Korir

Post by Editor Korir »

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Can’t agree on Julio Jones to Patriots. Belichick won’t trade for him, he will wait for Falcons to release him, then sign Julio at a discount. And the Falcons aren’t going to just release him. They’ll want draft picks, which Darth Hoodie won’t give up. And while I have no faith the QB from Bama now on the Pats will succeed, I don’t think it was just COVID that slowed Cam down in 2020. He’s just not the same player as 3 years ago. Newton to Jones is not the next Brady to Moss.

Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Editor Korir wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:46 pm
John Thomas8 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Can’t agree on Julio Jones to Patriots. Belichick won’t trade for him, he will wait for Falcons to release him, then sign Julio at a discount. And the Falcons aren’t going to just release him. They’ll want draft picks, which Darth Hoodie won’t give up. And while I have no faith the QB from Bama now on the Pats will succeed, I don’t think it was just COVID that slowed Cam down in 2020. He’s just not the same player as 3 years ago. Newton to Jones is not the next Brady to Moss.
Most years I would agree, Bill would do no such thing. But this is a different year, he's already wiped his normal white board clean and dropped a ton of cash on players. Atlanta can't cut Jones, if they do they will not have cap space to sign their draft picks. They have to trade him to get his contract off their books (Cap management is a recent addition to PhD math :shock: :lol: ) so by next Wednesday Jones either has to be off of Atlanta's books or the Falcon's 9 picks will remain without contracts. No other team has expressed interest, Bill will be "bidding against no one" and Blank will have to take whatever the Pats offer. It's a pretty bad place for the Falcons.

New England, before Cam caught C19, was 2-1 against Miami, Seattle, Las Vegas. Cam was completing 68% of his passes and looked vaguely like 2016 Cam. After C19 and with a supporting cast that looked like a collection of practice squad players, his completion % dropped to 65 but he never ever looked like he was in the game and still managed a 5-6 record.

I see no reason to give up on somebody that actually works at his job.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Next year's salary cap could be $30+ million dollars higher than this year's:

NFL, players' union agree to set 2022 salary-cap ceiling at $208.2 million, source says

That doesn't mean the 2022 salary cap will be $208.2 million -- just that that's the highest it can possibly be, according to the agreement the NFL's team owners approved Wednesday afternoon. It's still possible that the league's 2022 revenue projections and/or 2021 revenue shortfalls could result in a lower cap. But if the revenue-based 2022 calculations call for a cap higher than $208.2 million, then any excess revenue will be used to pay back the roughly $17 million in 2020 player benefits that were canceled as a result of the pandemic.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/315 ... ources-say

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

King and Florio discuss the ramifications of players not getting the vaccine. If 85% of a roster is vaccinated, the restrictions on movement, etc will be lifted.

Foggy
Site Admin
Occupation:: Dick Tater, Genetically Modified Earthling, and Bioweapons Factory

Post by Foggy »

I think it should be even more strict. This is the NFL, none of the players are poor people. None of them are unhealthy with conditions that might counterindicate the vaccine. The rule should be:

No vaccination, not allowed to play. Simple and direct.

And the same for baseball, basketball, hockey, and other sports. Get your damn vaccinations, people. :fingerwag:

"We're Republicans. We're not getting the vaccine. :drool:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Reading Lani's report that so many in Hawai'i's prison system, both employees and inmates, are refusing the vaccine is a hell of a red flag about how sick (in the head and heart) our country is.

I'm hoping that as time goes on, more entities will require vaccines. But state and local gov't--and medical facilities--not making it mandatory? Sickening.

Oh, and sports teams too.

Lani

Post by Lani »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:56 am :yeahthat:

Reading Lani's report that so many in Hawai'i's prison system, both employees and inmates, are refusing the vaccine is a hell of a red flag about how sick (in the head and heart) our country is.

I'm hoping that as time goes on, more entities will require vaccines. But state and local gov't--and medical facilities--not making it mandatory? Sickening.

Oh, and sports teams too.
EEOC sez:
The federal EEO laws do not prevent an employer from requiring all employees physically entering the workplace to be vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to the reasonable accommodation provisions of Title VII and the ADA and other EEO considerations discussed below. These principles apply if an employee gets the vaccine in the community or from the employer.

In some circumstances, Title VII and the ADA require an employer to provide reasonable accommodations for employees who, because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, do not get vaccinated for COVID-19, unless providing an accommodation would pose an undue hardship on the operation of the employer’s business. The analysis for undue hardship depends on whether the accommodation is for a disability (including pregnancy-related conditions that constitute a disability) (see K.6) or for religion (see K.12).
https://www.eeoc.gov/wysk/what-you-shou ... r-eeo-laws

Suddenly, many people have discovered that they are very religious.

If there is a safety issue - such as working with people who have medical conditions - the employer needs to see if there is another position available for the employee before termination.

There is a lot of scamming going on. People who were teleworking are called back to the office, then refuse the shot because of their religion or a disability such as anxiety about the vaccine and want to continue working from home.

I'm spending a lot of time on this problem....
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Yep. As I said, we are sick nation. And entities caving to bogus health or religious* issues is another sign of that. And to cover the next step, so is any court that likewise caves to the bogus.

Editor Korir

Post by Editor Korir »

Ok, Julio Jones has officially been traded to the Titans for draft picks. Opens up cap room for the Falcons. I can find no information as to whether he has or has not been vaccinated. Just that he’s been traded from Atlanta to Tennessee. At least the moving van won’t have far to travel.

Acting Ambassador to Red Sox Nation
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Editor Korir wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 pm Ok, Julio Jones has officially been traded to the Titans for draft picks. Opens up cap room for the Falcons. I can find no information as to whether he has or has not been vaccinated. Just that he’s been traded from Atlanta to Tennessee. At least the moving van won’t have far to travel.
Not sure if he's gotten the shots, but he makes Derrick Henry that much more effective as a runner as he can block and takes another DB out of run defense like Brown does.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

That's a serious set of restrictions for non-vaccinated players, more may get with the program:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:43 am I think it should be even more strict. This is the NFL, none of the players are poor people. None of them are unhealthy with conditions that might counterindicate the vaccine. The rule should be:

No vaccination, not allowed to play. Simple and direct.

And the same for baseball, basketball, hockey, and other sports. Get your damn vaccinations, people. :fingerwag:
AGREE and I would offer a bonus if they did it on tv as a public service announcement

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I think it's safe to say me beloved Bengals will suffer a season ending injury to a star player in the first 4 games and triumphantly lose no fewer than 10 games this year.

Hamilton County will then demand to alter the terms of the most generous lease in pro sports, and give Mike Brown new concessions amounting to a few hundred million more dollars and agree to pay to upgrade the turf, the jumbotron, the private boxes and give Mike a new Bentley.

:rotflmao:

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Yabbut, which council critter gets the front office Job or is that reserved for a commissioners niece?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Funny you should ask...

Former County Commiss Bob Bedinghouse, the guy who pushed the stadium deal, soon left politics to go work for....wait for it......

The Bengals. He stayed 19 years.

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Bob-Bedinghaus/10450074

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Cleveland is going to surprise this season. They've put together a defense to go along with their dual-RB/OBJ/Baker offense.

Matt Stafford is going to have a special season in that Rams offense.

If Vrabel can get anything out of his defense, ignore Tennessee at your own risk.

Rivera has everything he needs to make a serious run, IF he gets consistent QB play outta Fitzmagic.

Jerra and McCarthy are going to let the Cowboys fans down again. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Whelp, is Richard Sherman going to be sitting this one out?

https://www.kiro7.com/sports/nfl/seattl ... KK6F4WOPM/
SEATTLE — The King County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Redmond police arrested former Seahawk Richard Sherman.

According to a news release from the Redmond police, the King County sheriff’s office notified the Redmond police at 11:26 p.m. on Tuesday night that Sherman may be traveling to Redmond.

At 1:49 a.m. on Wednesday, a 911 call was received from the residence of his ex-wife’s parents saying Sherman was attempting to force his way into the home.
I haven't listened to the local news yet today, but boss says it sounds messy. No bail so far. I already found him in the King County Jail roster. What a waste.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:33 pm Whelp, is Richard Sherman going to be sitting this one out?

https://www.kiro7.com/sports/nfl/seattl ... KK6F4WOPM/
SEATTLE — The King County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Redmond police arrested former Seahawk Richard Sherman.

According to a news release from the Redmond police, the King County sheriff’s office notified the Redmond police at 11:26 p.m. on Tuesday night that Sherman may be traveling to Redmond.

At 1:49 a.m. on Wednesday, a 911 call was received from the residence of his ex-wife’s parents saying Sherman was attempting to force his way into the home.
I haven't listened to the local news yet today, but boss says it sounds messy. No bail so far. I already found him in the King County Jail roster. What a waste.
I didn't know he'd gotten divorced. Wonder if his ex-wife is still living in Maple Valley?

Edit: King County Parcel Viewer still has him listed as the owner of the Maple Valley property.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I didn't post anything about Sherman because ain't nobody knows nothing about it, bail hearing isn't until tomorrow.

I will be HIGHLY disappointed if he went full Rice. HIGHLY.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

911 call.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Mike Brown is trying to get in touch, we need a replacement for Pac Man Jones. (not as a player, as a defendant)

Bengals 3-13 this year. :blackeye:

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Picked this dude up and made the Fantasy final with his help, a big loss:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/318 ... n-achilles

And yes, I am HIGHLY disappointed Sherman turned out to be a thug.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My beloved Bengals are primed to win their first game of the season in week 12 this year.