Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Channeling Individual-1:

What a loser. Only #2!

Addie

Re: Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama Post Presidency

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Boston Globe
It’s our America’: Michelle Obama speaks out amid Trump tweet furor

Former first lady Michelle Obama posted a message on Twitter Friday urging Americans to remember that “there’s a place for us all” in the United States amid a furor over racist tweets sent by President Trump earlier this week.

Though she did not mention the president by name, Obama made an apparent reference to Trump’s campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again,” writing, “what truly makes our country great is its diversity.”

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:00 pm

He may just retweeted it but that's enough for me, thank you President Obama! :thumbs: :clap:

Barack Obama
‏Verified account @BarackObama

I’ve always been proud of what this team accomplished during my administration. But more than what we did, I’m proud of how they’re continuing to fight for an America that’s better.
3:01 PM - 27 Jul 2019

Opinions
We are African Americans, we are patriots, and we refuse to sit idly by
By Clarence J. Fluker, C. Kinder, Jesse Moore and Khalilah M. Harris July 26

This op-ed is co-signed by 149 African Americans who served in the Obama administration.

This post has been updated.

We’ve heard this before. Go back where you came from. Go back to Africa. And now, “send her back.” Black and brown people in America don’t hear these chants in a vacuum; for many of us, we’ve felt their full force being shouted in our faces, whispered behind our backs, scrawled across lockers, or hurled at us online. They are part of a pattern in our country designed to denigrate us as well as keep us separate and afraid.

As 149 African Americans who served in the last administration, we witnessed firsthand the relentless attacks on the legitimacy of President Barack Obama and his family from our front-row seats to America’s first black presidency. Witnessing racism surge in our country, both during and after Obama’s service and ours, has been a shattering reality, to say the least. But it has also provided jet-fuel for our activism, especially in moments such as these.

We stand with congresswomen Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib, as well as all those currently under attack by President Trump, along with his supporters and his enablers, who feel deputized to decide who belongs here — and who does not. There is truly nothing more un-American than calling on fellow citizens to leave our country — by citing their immigrant roots, or ancestry, or their unwillingness to sit in quiet obedience while democracy is being undermined.

We are proud descendants of immigrants, refugees and the enslaved Africans who built this country while enduring the horrors of its original sin. We stand on the soil they tilled, and march in the streets they helped to pave. We are red-blooded Americans, we are patriots, and we have plenty to say about the direction this country is headed. We decry voter suppression. We demand equitable access to health care, housing, quality schools and employment. We welcome new Americans with dignity and open arms. And we will never stop fighting for the overhaul of a criminal-justice system with racist foundations.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 6c489ab633

:boxing:

Sanity will come back. America is too great a nation to stay at this disgusting level for much longer.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

bob

Post by bob » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Newsweek: 'President Barack H. Obama Ave.'? 50,000 Plus Sign Petition to Rename Street Outside Trump Tower:
A petition to rename a stretch of Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Street to "President Barack H. Obama" has now garnered over 50,000[*] signatures online. The suggested stretch also happens to be right outside the Trump Tower and the irony is not lost on anyone.

Started around October last year, the petition has recently gained traction with people from across the country signing to rename the block. The move could change Trump Tower's address to "725 Barack H. Obama Avenue, New York, NY 10022"
* Now over 73,000.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:10 pm

bob wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm
Newsweek: 'President Barack H. Obama Ave.'? 50,000 Plus Sign Petition to Rename Street Outside Trump Tower:
A petition to rename a stretch of Fifth Avenue between 56th and 57th Street to "President Barack H. Obama" has now garnered over 50,000[*] signatures online. The suggested stretch also happens to be right outside the Trump Tower and the irony is not lost on anyone.

Started around October last year, the petition has recently gained traction with people from across the country signing to rename the block. The move could change Trump Tower's address to "725 Barack H. Obama Avenue, New York, NY 10022"

‘Specially love that Wussolini couldn’t do a damn thing to stop it. Sure hope it happens! :thumbs:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 pm

What the hell is Angelina Jolie admired for? :brickwallsmall:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Suranis wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 pm
What the hell is Angelina Jolie admired for? :brickwallsmall:
Say whut?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:40 am

Shhh, just trying to cover for my secret identity as Chairman of the Angelina Jolie fan club.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:55 am

Sunrise wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:10 pm
bob wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

‘Specially love that Wussolini couldn’t do a damn thing to stop it. Sure hope it happens! :thumbs:
I signed. It needs about 500 more to make 75,000.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:22 pm

From the petition link: "112,109 signatures. NEW goal - We need 125,000!" :boxing:
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:27 pm

Obama has to be dead 2 years before they'll actually do it.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:27 pm
Is that a NY/NYC rule? Only renaming public roads/buildings posthumously? George H. Bush got an huge airport (Houston) renamed for him while he was still alive.

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 pm

neonzx wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Is that a NY/NYC rule? Only renaming public roads/buildings posthumously? George H. Bush got an huge airport (Houston) renamed for him while he was still alive.

Apparently it is. We have a BO school here that was renamed while he was still in office. I'll see if I can find the reference to it that I saw.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 pm

There is one challenge: In New York City, the guidelines for renaming a street in Manhattan require the honoree be dead for at least two years; the former president is very much alive. But the rules allow exceptions and give the community board in Manhattan the discretion to disregard those guidelines in exceptional circumstances.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ma-avenue/

I don't expect the guidelines to be disregarded.
Keith Powers, (D) the city councilman who represents the district encompassing Trump Tower, said in a statement: “I recognize and understand the great deal of support behind the petition to rename 5th Avenue in honor of President Obama. President Obama embodies the best of our political system and leaves a remarkable legacy. The classiest President of our time deserves better than being honored next to the home of Donald Trump. He has and will always deserve more than that.”

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:53 pm

neonzx wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:

I just drove on the Barack H. Obama expressway in Chicago last week.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:01 am

386,133 signatures so far.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:25 pm

VICE
Watch the Trailer for the Obamas' First Netflix Project, 'American Factory'

The documentary about a Chinese-owned factory in the Rust Belt is already drumming up Oscar buzz.

After Barack and Michelle Obama landed a huge Netflix deal and unveiled seven series and movies they're producing for the streaming service, we've finally got a look at their first project. Netflix just dropped the trailer for American Factory, a documentary about a Chinese-owned factory in Ohio, the locals who work there, and the cultural rift between the blue-collar Americans and their foreign bosses.

The documentary, from the Obamas' production arm Higher Ground, follows what happened after a GM plant outside Dayton shuttered in 2008, leaving 2,000 people out of a job—only to be reopened in 2014 by a Chinese auto-glass manufacturer. The head of the company, Cao Dewang, hired about 1,000 locals, and brought in a handful of skilled Chinese workers to train and oversee them. The documentary lends equal weight to both groups, illuminating the complicated dynamics of Rust Belt laborers clashing—and, at times, coming together—with the foreign employees hired above them.

American Factory made a big splash on the festival circuit, earning directors Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert the Directing Award for US Documentary at Sundance. The film has landed universally rave reviews, and it's already drumming up Oscar buzz.

Check out the trailer for American Factory above, and catch the doc when it premieres on Netflix and in theaters on August 21.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 pm

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 am

Politico Mag: The Obamas’ First Big Anti-Trump Statement of 2020

The former first couple’s Netflix documentary offers a quiet response to Trump’s promises to reinvigorate the industrial heartland.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Some gossip.
TMZ: Barack and Michelle Obama Buying Mega-Mansion in Martha's Vineyard

Multiple island sources tell us the Obamas are in escrow for the estate owned by Boston Celtics owner, Wyc Grousbeck. The former Prez and First Lady have been renting the house this summer and loved it so much, we've learned they made an offer. The property is listed at $14,850,000. Our sources say they're paying less, but we don't know how much.

The estate -- incredible. It's 29 beachfront acres. The main residence is just shy of 6,900 square feet. It has 7 bedrooms, so Sasha and Malia have a place to crash, along with several of their friends. It has the obligatory pool, an outdoor fireplace, a chef's kitchen, vaulted ceilings and 2 guest wings. It has incredible views, especially while soaking in the second-floor balcony Jacuzzi. ...

The estate is currently in escrow and it's not a done deal just yet. We're told there are contingencies so it's possible it could fall apart, but we're told so far it's a go.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Variety
Viola Davis to Play Michelle Obama in ‘First Ladies’ Series in Development at Showtime

The actress has signed on to play former First Lady Michelle Obama in a series titled “First Ladies” which is in the works at Showtime. The network has given the prospective one-hour drama a three-script commitment, with novelist Aaron Cooley on board to write and executive produce.

The series will peel back the curtain on the personal and political lives of First Ladies from throughout history, with season one focusing on Eleanor Roosevelt, Betty Ford and Michelle Obama. “First Ladies” will turn it lens on the East Wing of the White House, as opposed to the West, where many of history’s most impactful and world changing decisions have been hidden from view, made by America’s charismatic, complex and dynamic First Ladies. The series hails from Showtime and Lionsgate Television.

Davis and her partner Julius Tennon serve as non-writing executive producers on the project via their JuVee Productions banner, alongside Cathy Schulman via Welle Entertainment, Jeff Gaspin via Gaspin Media, and Brad Kaplan via LINK Entertainment.

Michelle Obama has been portrayed on film before, but never on television. She was notably played by Tika Sumpter in the 2016 picture “Southside With You.”

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:26 am

The Obamas are officially Oscar contenders
Donald Trump loves to brag that his NBC reality TV show, The Apprentice, was twice nominated for an Emmy award. (It never won, a fact the US president blames on politics.) That’s neat, but his predecessor in the White House will probably be nominated for an Oscar next year—and has a good shot to win.

American Factory, a documentary about a glass factory opened by a Chinese billionaire in Ohio, earned rave reviews when it premiered at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. Netflix purchased the distribution rights to the film and brought in Barack and Michelle Obama to produce, as part of the streaming company’s new partnership with the former US president and first lady.

Since debuting on Netflix on Aug. 21, American Factory has garnered even more positive reviews. Critics have called it an ”eye-opening” glimpse at the culture clash between Chinese and American workers and a “stirring, timely, beautifully shaped” study of the challenges of the 21st century global economy. According to IndieWire, the film is one of the frontrunners to be nominated for the Academy Award for best documentary in February. If it wins, Obama would be able to put a famous golden statuette on his mantle, right next to his Nobel peace prize. :snippity:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:34 am

Is Stormy Daniels going to play Melania?

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am

Barack Obama

As we remember those we lost on 9/11, we also remember the spirit of unity and togetherness that defined the weeks and months after. On this day of service, I’m reflecting on all those still working to embrace that spirit, today and every day.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Axios
Obama swipes Trump on watching TV and using Twitter

Former President Barack Obama said at a tech conference Wednesday that one key to his decision-making was relying on staff and surrounding himself with a diversity of viewpoints, before adding: "The other thing that is helpful is not watching TV or reading social media." ...

Other highlights: Obama said there are tough calls you have to make as president, citing the decision to go after Osama Bin Laden as a 50-50 call and bailing out Chrysler as a 60-40-type decision.

To make those calls, Obama said, you need the facts without spin or sugar-coating, as well as a diversity of opinion.

Obama added that it's also important that the people who serve in the administration aren't there for fame or money: "Are folks here because they want to serve the American people?"

Return to “President & Executive Branch”