Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama Post Presidency

RVInit

Re: Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama Post Presidency

Post by RVInit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:22 pm

The whole time I'm reading I was thinking No. Way. No. Possible. Way.

Then, I scrolled up and read the full path of the link. :lol:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Michael J

Post by Michael J » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:48 pm

I love The Onion!

:-D
"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:47 pm

10am Saturday! President Obama will be speaking at Senator McCain's funeral. This is going to be amazing.
McCain's body will lie in state at the U.S. Capitol on Friday. There, Pence, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer will all lay wreaths and, Davis said, members of the public "will be encouraged to view John."

On Saturday, McCain's body will be taken to the National Cathedral, after a stop at the Vietnam War Memorial, where his widow, Cindy, will place a wreath.

At the cathedral service, which Davis said will focus on McCain's "national and global leadership," former Presidents (and political opponents) George W. Bush and Barack Obama will speak, along with Sen. Lindsey Graham and former Sens. Joe Lieberman and Kelly Ayotte. Renee Fleming will sing "Danny Boy" at McCain's request.
https://www.npr.org/2018/08/27/64232763 ... -not-trump
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Obama releases video of visit to high school on Chicago's Southwest side

Former President Barack Obama released a video Wednesday of him meeting with high school students on Chicago's Southwest side earlier this week.

“Yesterday I met with high school students on Chicago’s Southwest side who spent the summer learning to code some pretty cool apps,” Obama said in a tweet alongside the video. “Michelle and I are proud to support programs that invest in local youth and we’re proud of these young people.”

In the video, Obama is met with applause as shakes hands with a room full of high school students.

Obama then takes a seat among students as one student gives a presentation about a local coding program.
“This program specifically helped me because I’m not that afraid of going up [to speak publicly] anymore,” one student said. “I might stutter but I have a little bit more confidence now.”

“You were smooth up there,” Obama says in the video.

“I think it’s a useful lesson for all of you is don’t be afraid to try stuff because we hold ourselves back a lot by thinking I don’t know if I can pull this off,” Obama said addressing all of the students in the video, “I don’t want to be embarrassed, I don’t want to seem foolish, you know I don’t want somebody laughing at me, or saying I don’t belong.

"You can pull it off," he added.
<snip>
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... n-chicagos

at the link:
Barack Obama

@BarackObama
Yesterday I met with high school students on Chicago’s Southwest side who spent the summer learning to code some pretty cool apps. Michelle and I are proud to support programs that invest in local youth and we’re proud of these young people.

12:54 PM - Aug 29, 2018
106K 20.1K people are talking about this
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:48 pm

BUT... But... but... where was Betsy DeVos? Shouldn't it be her job to further education? Melania perhaps? :think:

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:44 pm

The Hill
Obama to urge rejection of 'authoritarian politics and policies' in speech

Former President Obama will accept an award for ethics in government next week and deliver a speech detailing the "challenges and opportunities facing our country."

Obama will receive the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign's Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government during a ceremony on Sept. 7, the school and Obama's office announced Thursday.

“Next week, President Obama will offer new thoughts on this moment and what it requires from the American people. He will expand upon several of the themes from his summer address, including that America is at its best when our democracy is inclusive and our citizens are engaged," Katie Hill, the communications director for Obama, said in a statement.

“He will echo his call to reject the rising strain of authoritarian politics and policies," she continued. "And he will preview arguments he’ll make this fall, specifically that Americans must not fall victim to our own apathy by refusing to do the most fundamental thing demanded of us as citizens: vote."
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 am

:thumbs: Republicans kept asking where President Obama was so reckon they'll be thrilled with this :P
Mike Allen 11 hours ago

Barack Obama set to hit the midterm campaign trail

President Obama, after mostly staying out of the spotlight since leaving office, plans to campaign in coming weeks in California, Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania — meaning there'll be a frequent fall contrast between Presidents 44 and 45.

What to watch for: Look for other travel and more endorsements. During a speech in Illinois on Friday, Obama will preview top themes for the campaign trail. These include the importance of turning out to vote at this particular moment, especially given that Dems are notorious for sitting out during midterms or when Obama isn’t on the ballot.

On Friday at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Obama will receive the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government and deliver remarks on the state of our democracy. Obama communications director Katie Hill said: "President Obama will offer new thoughts on this moment and what it requires from the American people."

"He will echo his call to reject the rising strain of authoritarian politics and policies."

"His post-presidency is the next chapter in the cause of his life — bringing people together to change the world for the better."

Obama will also headline a fundraiser in New York City this month for the National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC), which is chaired by Eric Holder, his former attorney general.
https://www.axios.com/2018-midterm-elec ... 37f96.html
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:13 am

Barack Obama

Verified account

@BarackObama
Follow Follow @BarackObama
More
We will always remember everyone we lost on 9/11, thank the first responders who keep us safe, and honor all who defend our country and the ideals that bind us together. There's nothing our resilience and resolve can’t overcome, and no act of terror can ever change who we are.

8:52 AM - 11 Sep 2018
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 pm

no, Michelle does not appear...

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 pm

Deadline
Michael Lewis’ Latest Book ‘The Fifth Risk’ Acquired By The Obamas Under Their Netflix Production Deal

Deadline has learned that Michael Lewis’ latest book The Fifth Risk has been acquired by Barack and Michelle Obama under their Netflix production deal for a possible series aimed to help people better understand the inner workings of the government.

We understand that the Obamas are exploring projects but nothing specifically has yet gotten a greenlight. Lewis will reveal the news about the Obamas optioning The Fifth Risk on Katie Couric’s Thursday podcast.

The Fifth Risk, which hit shelves on Oct. 2 from W.W. Norton, follows the chaos and mismanagement that ensued in the departments of Energy, Agriculture and Commerce in the handoff from President Barack Obama to President Donald Trump. Lewis spoke with a number of federal workers from the Obama administration who worked in the Departments of Energy, Agriculture and Commerce. The previous administration created briefing books for the next staff, but those who showed up on behalf of the new administration were greatly unqualified and far and few between.

One interview in the book is with John MacWilliams, who served as the Energy Department’s first-ever chief risk officer. He conveys his worries that any shortchanging in the department under Trump could lead to a nuclear-weapons accident, a potential conflict with North Korea or Iran, or an attack on the U.S. electrical grid. Any cuts in the Department of Agriculture would impact critical anti-poverty programs like school lunches and food stamps. Meanwhile the Commerce department may not have enough staff to conduct the census properly. Lewis speaks to the unsung heroes and the linchpins of the system and learns what keeps them up at night; those public servants whose knowledge, dedication, and proactivity keep the machinery running.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:49 am

Halloween :-D

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 am

:lovestruck:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Wonder who made her dress?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

MRich

Post by MRich » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:29 pm

kate520 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 am
:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Wonder who made her dress?
According to this article:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/da ... rker-curry

it was Alisha Welsh, who runs Magnolia Lake Children’s Clothing
https://www.magnolialakeclothing.com/

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

ABC News

Verified account

@ABC
8m8 minutes ago
More
"Don't curse in front of kids, come on," former Pres. Barack Obama tells a heckler in Miami, Florida.

"This is what I look forward to, is having a few hecklers to get me back in the mood," he jokes. https://abcn.ws/2QdNPOX
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:28 pm

Michelle Obama's book comes out Tuesday!!

And apparently she goes right for Donald about birfing! She talks about the danger and anxiety as a Mom having those lunatics ginned up by Donald. This is going to be fun!

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am

:P :P Hey kids, get your birfer research, Twitter and Facebook accounts ready cause here we go again! As soon as birfers get wind of this, they are going to recycle all the old stuff, blame Hillary, etc. We have all the info to debunk them and will need to get that out next week. RC has some great blog posts, over the weekend I'll look those over to have links ready. Anything else to remember that's easy to tweet?
Michelle Obama: 'I'd never forgive' Trump for promoting birther conspiracy
By CAITLIN OPRYSKO 11/09/2018 07:55 AM EST

Former first lady Michelle Obama writes in her forthcoming memoir that President Donald Trump's promotion of the so-called birther movement is something she will "never forgive him for," according to excerpts obtained by The Washington Post and other outlets, detailing the threats she said her family felt as a result of Trump's amplification of the conspiracy theory. Trump pushed the unfounded theory beginning around 2011 that then-President Barack Obama was born in Kenya, rather than in Hawaii, and was therefore ineligible to be president. The accusations gained steam among some on the right with the help of Trump’s Twitter feed, culminating in repeated calls for Obama to release his birth certificate and his college admissions records. Trump at one point claimed to have seen the president’s birth certificate himself, which he said would back up his claims, although he never released the proof he claimed to have.

The issue fizzled out near the end of Trump’s run for president in 2016, when he held a press conference to announce that he did, in fact, believe that Obama was born in the U.S., but declined to take responsibility for promoting the conspiracy or apologize to Obama for spreading the false claim, seen by many as racist. Trump has also spread the false claim that the Obamas are Muslims, a statement that has also been identified by many as a racist dog whistle.

Though then-President Obama poked fun at the conspiracy occasionally, Michelle Obama writes in her book that she worried Trump’s claims would incite violence against her husband and her family. “The whole thing was crazy and mean-spirited, of course, its underlying bigotry and xenophobia hardly concealed. But it was also dangerous, deliberately meant to stir up the wingnuts and kooks,” she says in the book.“What if someone with an unstable mind loaded a gun and drove to Washington? What if that person went looking for our girls? Donald Trump, with his loud and reckless innuendos, was putting my family’s safety at risk. And for this I’d never forgive him.”

The first lady's comments in her memoir mark a break from her typical rhetoric, which has largely steered away from criticizing the president by name even as she has continued to voice her condemnation for Trump's policies and bombast. Michelle Obama also shared more personal details in her book, including that both of her daughters were conceived via in vitro fertilization, much of the process for which she handled on her own while Barack Obama was away serving in the Illinois state legislature. The former first lady's book is scheduled to be released to the public next Tuesday.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/ ... her-978810

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am

:daydream:

Raw Story
Trump responds to Michelle Obama with rant about her husband: ‘I’ll never forgive him’

President Donald Trump lashed out at his predecessor after he was asked to respond to former first lady Michelle Obama’s critical comments about his “birther” conspiracy theories.

In her forthcoming memoir, she described Trump’s “birther” falsehoods as “crazy and mean-spirited,” and motivated by racist bigotry, and she accused him of deliberately stoking those conspiracy theories to “stir up the wingnuts and kooks.”

“What if someone with an unstable mind loaded a gun and drove to Washington?” Michelle Obama wrote. “What if that person went looking for our girls? Donald Trump, with his loud and reckless innuendos, was putting my family’s safety at risk. And for this I’d never forgive him.”

Trump was asked Friday morning to comment on her criticism, and he attacked former President Barack Obama.

“I’ll never forgive him for what he did to our United States military by not funding it properly,” Trump said. “It was depleted, everything was old and tired, and I came in and I had to fix it, and I’m in the process of spending tremendous amounts of money. So I’ll never forgive him for what he did to our military. I’ll never forgive him for what he did in many other ways, which I’ll talk to you about in the future.”

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Addie wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 am
:daydream:

Raw Story
Trump responds to Michelle Obama with rant about her husband: ‘I’ll never forgive him’

:snippity:

“I’ll never forgive him for what he did to our United States military by not funding it properly,” Trump said. “It was depleted, everything was old and tired, and I came in and I had to fix it, and I’m in the process of spending tremendous amounts of money. So I’ll never forgive him for what he did to our military. I’ll never forgive him for what he did in many other ways, which I’ll talk to you about in the future.”
next lie to add to the WaPo counter.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Patrick Colliano linked this article on Facebook from a conservative cesspool called BPR Business and Politics.

Trump launches stinging counterpunch after Michelle Obama says she’ll ‘never forgive’ him

None other than Margaret Hemenway showed up in the comments. She is still a flaming idiot Birther. Look how many lies she crammed into this comment:
Hawaii's Governor Lingle pushed an obscure woman named Chiyome Fukino onto the public stage to comment on the "short form" (why didn't Obama have a long form to show the public then?)- she gave a lawyered up statement that indicated Lingle was seeking plausible deniability (in case the fraud was exposed). A senior elections clerk in Hawaii provided a virtual affidavit saying he overheard conversations around him about the search to try to find an Obama hospital birth record-- none could be found. Obama hired Perkins Coie (more recently implicated in the Fusion GPS/Russian dossier scandal)- to seal his records against public scrutiny-- despite his promise to have the "most transparent" Administration in history. Sheriff Joe has been steadfast-- he knows the "long form" Trump made Obama cough up is NOT a valid document-- it's a crude, computer-manufactured forgery. The fake news industry didn't even ask Obama why he didn't have a long form back in '08- instead, embracing the forgery unquestioningly.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:01 pm

LA Times - Nov 13
In its first day on sale, Michelle Obama's book is already a bestseller

Michelle Obama's new memoir has drawn more preorders from Barnes & Noble than any adult book in three years. On its first day on shelves, it’s already a bestseller — it’s also the top seller at Amazon.com.

The Washington Post reports that "Becoming," released Tuesday by Crown, is the most preordered book at Barnes & Noble since Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman," which was published in 2015.

Another sales boost came from Oprah Winfrey, who announced Monday that "Becoming" is the new pick for her book club.

Obama’s memoir recounts her youth on the South Side of Chicago, meeting her husband, Barack, their years together in the White House and beyond.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Just watched this Jimmy Kimmel interview and had a huge smile on my face the entire time. Oh how I miss having a FLOTUS who is not only intelligent, well-spoken, classy, and charming, but who also is down to earth and has a great sense of humor.

:crying:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Obama visits Chicago food bank ahead of Thanksgiving

Former President Obama on Tuesday volunteered at the Greater Chicago Food Depository as volunteers prepared food ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.

"Thanks to the Chicago @FoodDepository team for all you do and to the volunteers who are doing great work and let me crash today. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!" Obama tweeted, sharing a video from the organization that included snippets of his visit.

The video shows Obama, donning a Chicago White Sox hat and a pair of purple latex gloves, joining volunteers to bag potatoes.

"You guys are doing such a great job helping out. I’m really proud of you," he told a young girl.

The Greater Chicago Food Depository is the main food bank for Obama's native city of Chicago. The organization provides food pantries and mobile food banks for the homeless and other individuals struggling with hunger.

While in Chicago this week, the former president spoke at the Obama Foundation Summit, a two-day leadership conference. In his remarks on Monday, Obama discussed his time as a community organizer and warned that "racism" and "hate" are plaguing the country.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... anksgiving

Tweet with video that was in the article :lovestruck:
Barack Obama ✔
@BarackObama
Thanks to the Chicago @FoodDepository team for all you do and to the volunteers who are doing great work and let me crash today. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Chicago’s Food Bank
‏Verified account
@FoodDepository

Thank you to ⁦@BarackObama⁩ and ⁦@ObamaFoundation⁩ for joining our volunteers today at the Food Depository. We believe no one should go hungry, especially this time of year, and that’s why we’re working to address the root causes of hunger in Chicago and Cook County.

replies on the Food Bank tweet

Cynthia L
‏@CynthiaLFrybarg
4h4 hours ago
Replying to @FoodDepository @ObamaFoundation @BarackObama
Love their reactions when meeting #BarackObama #Pride 🇺🇸

Yesenia
‏@time4happiness2
1h1 hour ago
Priceless reactions! That’s my daughter and niece. 😊

Secular Neptune
‏@Beachbumjules
1h1 hour ago
They are adorable!! Cutest reactions ever.

Yesenia
‏@time4happiness2
40m40 minutes ago
Thanks! We are still on an emotional high from meeting him 😊.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:37 am

The Guardian
Barack Obama lambasts Trump over legal troubles

Ex-president defends probity of his administration and laments rise of ‘politics based on hatred’ under successor ...

“Not only did I not get indicted, nobody in my administration got indicted,” the former president said at an event in Houston on Tuesday, “which by the way was the only administration in modern history that that can be said about. In fact, nobody came close to being indicted, partly because the people who joined us were there for the right reasons. We were there to serve.” ...

He did not mention his successor by name but Trump and his “America first” strategy cast a long shadow as the former Democratic president discussed the decline of bipartisanship in American politics and the undermining of democracy and decorum by populism and extremism.

“People ask me what surprised me most about the presidency. It is the degree to which the United States underwrites the international order,” Obama said. “If there is a problem around the world, people do not call Moscow, they do not call Beijing. They call Washington. Even our adversaries expect us to solve problems and expect us to keep things running.

“When you start getting dysfunction in Washington which [makes it] difficult for decisions to get made and policymaking to run in an orderly process, what is one of our greatest assets – which is an extraordinary civil service, career staff, let’s say at the state department – when that begins to get undermined, that doesn’t just weaken our influence, it provides opportunities for disorder to start ramping up all around the world and ultimately makes us less safe and less prosperous.” ...

Obama praised the outgoing George W Bush administration’s behaviour after the 2008 vote. “They had set up a transition process that was flawless and generous and thoughtful so that every member of 43’s staff had made themselves available to the person who was going to be taking their place,” he said.

“Despite the political differences which were real and significant they recognised there was a value above those differences. And when I walked into the Oval Office there’s a reverence there for that office that is independent of you. And if you don’t feel that then you shouldn’t be there.”

Return to “President & Executive Branch”