National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

kate520

Re: National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Post by kate520 »

In the late 70s, Ducktape and I lived in the same general vicinity, in southwestern Virginia. I was a clerk in the only newsstand for 100 miles, which was quite the experience, let me tell you. I was the first female ever to work there and it took the guys months before they would buy their Playboys and Penthouses while I was at the register. :mrgreen:

One day I was unpacking the daily delivery. On top were the National Enguirers, then layers of local, state and national newspapers, the girlie mags, and paperbacks underneath. I looked over the front page of the NE and stopped, shocked, at a by-line: It was a girl I’d gone to HS with! She’d worked on the school paper, she was a good writer and wrote more interesting stories than most. The first story of hers I read in the NE was a hoot, I almost broke my eyeballs rolling them: ‘I bought a used refrigerator that had a ghost inside”.

I haven’t thought about her in ages but this thread brought the memory bubbling up so I googled her. She used NE as a springboard, I see, eventually ending up as press officer for a UN Development program. She’s just written a bio. Wonder what she’s thinking of all the NE news? Cherie Hart (say Shuhree)
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

ZekeB

Re: National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Post by ZekeB »

A co-worker of mine went to school with a Playmate of the Year. He didn't just tell us, he had to prove it. One day he brought in that annual edition of The Magazine, along with his high school yearbook. I asked him if he ever went on a date with her. Of course not, he replied. Kate: Which direction was the guy looking when he bought a copy? Certainly not into your eyes. :lol:
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Here's how well AMI is doing... from this morning's POLITICO Playbook:
BEZOS BEAT -- “Before Bezos Fight, Enquirer Publisher AMI Faced Steep Losses,” by Bloomberg’s Shahien Nasiripour: “The publisher of the National Enquirer, currently under attack by Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, has been facing steep financial losses that have left the once-loyal keeper of Donald Trump’s secrets with more than $1 billion in debt and a negative net worth.

“The closely held American Media Inc. -- led by the president’s longtime friend, David Pecker -- recorded a $31.5 million loss in the six months that ended Sept. 30, according to documents reviewed by Bloomberg. That marked an improvement over the previous year, but nonetheless brought the company’s total losses over the last 5 1/2 fiscal years to $256 million. AMI owed about $203 million more than its assets were worth.” Bloomberg
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Orlylicious wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 am
Here's how well AMI is doing... from this morning's POLITICO Playbook:
BEZOS BEAT -- “Before Bezos Fight, Enquirer Publisher AMI Faced Steep Losses,” by Bloomberg’s Shahien Nasiripour: “The publisher of the National Enquirer, currently under attack by Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, has been facing steep financial losses that have left the once-loyal keeper of Donald Trump’s secrets with more than $1 billion in debt and a negative net worth.

“The closely held American Media Inc. -- led by the president’s longtime friend, David Pecker -- recorded a $31.5 million loss in the six months that ended Sept. 30, according to documents reviewed by Bloomberg. That marked an improvement over the previous year, but nonetheless brought the company’s total losses over the last 5 1/2 fiscal years to $256 million. AMI owed about $203 million more than its assets were worth.” Bloomberg
Sleazy reporting doesn't pay like it used to, eh?

BTW, here in Florida, the not-exactly-liberal Publix grocery chain keeps NE under a modesty cover (like I'd occasionally see in liquor stores selling Playboy). Apparently, during the 2016 campaign, they had so many complaints about the insane anti-Clinton stories, they decided to cover them up. It continues to this day and I smile every time I check out there.
ImageImageImage x4

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Kate: Which direction was the guy looking when he bought a copy? Certainly not into your eyes. :lol:
👀 🙄 👀 :cantlook:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am
Sleazy reporting doesn't pay like it used to, eh?
Not when it's all over the Internet, available instantly instead of weekly, and for free.
I've heard this bull before.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Though shopping and magazines are going digital, I don't expect to see the latest NE while waiting in the Amazon checkout line. That might take a bite out of Pecker.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

You'd think with AMI in such severe financial distress, Bezos wouldn't even have to put in that much effort to topple them.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I didn't realize they were in that deep of a hole, but I wish them well of it, may it get ever deeper!!! Or in other words Beezos will bury them. I keep wondering if they are hoping for an infusion of Saudi cash.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A class action suit by anyone who has a file in the secret vault would be a good way to destroy the company.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Gregg wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm
A class action suit by anyone who has a file in the secret vault would be a good way to destroy the company.
I'm waiting to see if Bezos is going to do to AMI what Peter Thiel did to Gawker: find someone to front for his war, somebody with a cause for a suit who will appeal to a sympathetic jury, hire the killer attorney, file the suit in a friendly venue, and win a judgment that forces AMI into bankruptcy. Then buy their assets and open the vaults.

OTOH, I'm sure there'd be a bidding war for those vaulted assets, and Pecker and his side would probably burn the whole thing to the ground rather than let it all be revealed to their discredit.

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

And destroy assets of the estate?
bring out the tumbrils -- lots of them.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

DejaMoo wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 pm
Gregg wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm
I'm waiting to see if Bezos is going to do to AMI what Peter Thiel did to Gawker: find someone to front for his war, somebody with a cause for a suit who will appeal to a sympathetic jury, hire the killer attorney, file the suit in a friendly venue, and win a judgment that forces AMI into bankruptcy. Then buy their assets and open the vaults.

OTOH, I'm sure there'd be a bidding war for those vaulted assets, and Pecker and his side would probably burn the whole thing to the ground rather than let it all be revealed to their discredit.

Played right they could be the subject of the most fun discovery EVER!
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Pecker purchased a pic of a privileged person’s pecker.
Pecker’s pic of privileged pecker put Pecker in a pickle.

~ MaryAnn Consolo
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm
If I was more into investing and the markets, I think I might find myself being interested in shorting AMI stock.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm
https:// twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1098733526973702144
Matt Pearce 🦅 @mattdpearce
New: I dug into the National Enquirer's finances and found a doozy.

During the 2016 campaign, records suggest National Enquirer's largest financial backer was — drumroll — CalPERS, California's state pension fund,
00:57 - 22 Feb 2019
latimes.com wrote:Through an investment managed by a New Jersey hedge fund, California’s public pension fund appears to have owned as much as one-third of American Media Inc., the National Enquirer’s parent company, in 2016. It is not clear whether CalPERS continues to hold a major stake in the tabloid publisher.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Contains a long timeline.
Daily Beast - Iyad El-Baghdadi: How the Saudis Made Jeff Bezos Public Enemy No. 1

Inside the four-month campaign targeting the world’s richest man.
Iyad El-Baghdadi is founder of the Kawaakibi Foundation and editor-in-chief of the Arab Tyrant Manual. He is based in Oslo, Norway, where he was granted political asylum in 2015.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Brave Last Days of The National Enquirer

National Enquirer expected to be sold imminently as parent company faces pressure

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... e04f9b5e78

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

First Wing Nut Daily, and now the National Gutter Rag, oh where oh where will the right wing nuts go for their "good" facts?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm guessing Pecker has already burned the contents of the secrets safe to keep them out of Bezos, errr, the new owner's hands.
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Anyone else hoping Bezos buys it?

much ado

Post by much ado »

:mememe:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Bezos didn’t get obscenely rich buying losers.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:56 am
Bezos didn’t get obscenely rich buying losers.
But once you're obscenely rich, the indulgence in a few vanity projects isn't going to break you.

Return to “President & Executive Branch”