National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:19 am

Dirty doings going on! :cantlook:

As somebody who was with stars in NYC from the 90s on, there is no doubt that the information Pecker must have in his files and safes (there are stories about the "vaults" the Enquirer keeps the dirt on everybody in) is going to be FUN FUN FUN! Think NYC, everybody will tell for money. Ivana, Marla, scandal, headlines, rinse, repeat. If things were dry Donald would call himself (I'm sure you've seen all that David Dennison BS). To me, being in the business, he's always been a C- version of Sinatra (Atlantic City, baby! Screw Hoboken :lol: ).

Back then, Donald knew to get in good with Pecker. Pecker got lucky when he was with Hachette because they got to launch JFK Jr.s "George" Magazine with Cindy Crawford on the cover. Pecker became a star till the tragedy. So then he went to American Media. He's a bottom feeder. Everyone who needs to know knows. It's all totally obvious, I guess I'm just surprised anybody's surprised. But, print is dead and he's print. Maybe this pushes grocery stores to stop putting it at the checkout counter. Mention it to your cashier or manager if you know them. They'd be down the drain in six months. Maybe Donald will be too also. 8-)

The only question to me is how much of it can/will get released? I hope lots and lots, something has to replace Stormy. This sounds good. If I get to Mar A Lago this holiday season, I'd love to ask, "Hey Don, you still want another four years after the next two in front?"

Wow. I just asked Alexa, "How old will Donald Trump be in 2020?" She answered: "Donald Trump's age will be between 73 years and 7 months and 74 years and 6 months old." I was like, OK, showoff :lol:

I promise, if released, these Enquirer stories are going to be comedy gold. Search on Stu Zakim, he used to work there, he's on CNN a lot now. He was certainly a purvror of the dirt. He's fun. Cohen used the phrase "dirty deeds" for a reason. Wonderful. Ho ho ho! :thumbs:

OK, here's a preview... just Google Search Trump Enquirer Covers. But go back in time. It's already been published, it's just that the clown wasn't President. Good times. https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+e ... 60&bih=671

So for example, Donald kissed enough Pecker that David got John John to put him on the cover of George. It's all like that.

*** Michael's "Dirty Deeds" reminded me of the wonderful Imogene Coca and her performance in "On The Twentieth Century" on Broadway (with Madeline Kahn, it's awesome). Dirty deeds, dirty doings going on! ("Do only what you'd do, with Mother in the room!" Listen to the end, the punchline makes it. I'd like to hear Michael sing it, maybe on Ellen when he gets out. :P

Imogene Coca 'REPENT' from "On the Twentieth Century" (if you don't know Coca you're missing out, look her up -- Gee, it's like she's singing it to Donald, Michael, Paul, Flynn, et al. Listen to her boys!

Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Bill_G

Re: National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds"

Post by Bill_G » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:52 am

Get your money for nuthin, get your chicks for free!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 am

This is reminding me of my favorite book by Donald Westlake - Trust Me On This, a book with a murder mystery plot, but it's primarily a not-so-thinly-veiled account of the dastardly, devious, and completely unscrupulous workings of the tabloids, those who work for them, and those who run them. In the book, the Weekly Galaxy clearly stands in for the National Enquirer while Westlake gives the reader a detailed look at how these publications routinely operate. He has the obligatory disclaimer as the book's preface:
Although there is no newspaper anywhere in the United States like the Weekly Galaxy, as any alert reader will quickly realize, were there such a newspaper in actual real-life existence its activities would be stranger, harsher, and more outrageous than those described herein. The fictioneer labors under the restraint of plausibility; his inventions must stay within the capacity of the audience to accept and believe. God, of course, working with facts, faces no such limitation. Were there a factual equivalent of the Weekly Galaxy, it would be much worse than the paper I have invented, its staff and ownership even more lost to all considerations of truth, taste, proportion, honor, morality or any shred of common humanity. Trust me.
Anybody interested in tabloid journalism (and now, specifically, the National Enquirer and this story) should treat themselves to this book. It's well worth a read. Trust me.
I've heard this bull before.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 am

Bill_G wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:52 am
Off Topic
Funny story: I play the guitar, and when I finally learned how to play "Money for Nothing" properly - fingerstyle - I did, in fact, get a blister on my thumb.

:rockon:

Mark Knopfler is one of two guitarists whose tone and ability I would give anything to possess. The other is David Gilmour.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:56 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 am
Bill_G wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:52 am
Off Topic
Funny story: I play the guitar, and when I finally learned how to play "Money for Nothing" properly - fingerstyle - I did, in fact, get a blister on my thumb.

:rockon:

Mark Knopfler is one of two guitarists whose tone and ability I would give anything to possess. The other is David Gilmour.
I was first chair AM/FM/Cassette in high school. That was as musical as I ever got.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Bringing this back cause yes of course AMI does this. All the time. This is how they work. I meant every word in my original message. Huge courage for Bezos to do this, his reasons are right. Sounds like it was the mistress' brother who leaked, my question is how did Bezos end up with the sister of one of the worst tools (he's buddies with Stone, Corsi et al).

Pecker's been trying to get Saudi money... like all print, AMI is bleeding cash. So the beef is that WaPo focused on the murdered journalist and didn't cave to the Prince.

Hadn't seen this story, AMI put this in Walmart & rural retail! SMH!

A glossy magazine about Saudi Arabia is photographed in Washington, Monday April 23, 2018. The mystery behind the origins of a the pro-Saudi magazine that showed up on U.S. newsstands is growing amid revelations that the Saudi Embassy in Washington got a sneak peek. The Associated Press has obtained files showing that a digital copy was quietly shared with Saudi officials by American Media Inc. almost three weeks before it was published, despite both parties’ insistence that they didn’t coordinate on the magazine. (AP Photo/J. David Ake)
Mystery grows over pro-Saudi tabloid: Embassy got sneak peek
By JOSH LEDERMAN and JEFF HORWITZ
April 24, 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) — It landed with a thud on newsstands at Walmart and rural supermarkets last month: Ninety-seven fawning pages saluting Saudi Arabia, whose ambitious crown prince was soon to arrive in the U.S. on a PR blitz to transform his country’s image.

As questions swirled about the glossy magazine’s origins, the Saudis said they were just as perplexed as everyone else, declaring on Twitter: “If you find out, we’d love to know.”

But files obtained by The Associated Press show that a digital copy of the magazine, produced by American Media Inc., was quietly shared with officials at the Saudi Embassy in Washington almost three weeks before its publication.

How the early copy made it to the Saudis is unclear. Yet the revelation adds another mysterious twist to a murky tale playing out against the backdrop of bids by both President Donald Trump and David Pecker, the tabloid publisher who supports him, to build goodwill with the Saudi kingdom’s leaders.
https://apnews.com/d293d282a9ec4d0c83fe0a25ff5f285c

Here's the email 37 year old Dylan Howard, originally from Australia, had the nerve, the balls, the delusion to send the world's richest dude.
OK, back to their threat to publish intimate photos of me. I guess we (me, my lawyers, and Gavin de Becker) didn’t react to the generalized threat with enough fear, so they sent this:

From: Howard, Dylan [dhoward@amilink.com] (Chief Content Officer, AMI)
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 3:33 PM
To: Martin Singer (litigation counsel for Mr. de Becker)
Subject:. Jeff Bezos & Ms. Lauren Sanchez Photos

CONFIDENTIAL & NOT FOR DISTRIBIUTION

Marty:

I am leaving the office for the night. I will be available on my cell — 917 XXX-XXXX.

However, in the interests of expediating this situation, and with The Washington Post poised to publish unsubstantiated rumors of The National Enquirer’s initial report, I wanted to describe to you the photos obtained during our newsgathering.

In addition to the “below the belt selfie — otherwise colloquially known as a ‘d*ck pick’” — The Enquirer obtained a further nine images. These include:

· Mr. Bezos face selfie at what appears to be a business meeting.

· Ms. Sanchez response — a photograph of her smoking a cigar in what appears to be a simulated oral sex scene.

· A shirtless Mr. Bezos holding his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring. He’s wearing either tight black cargo pants or shorts — and his semi-erect manhood is penetrating the zipper of said garment.

· A full-length body selfie of Mr. Bezos wearing just a pair of tight black boxer-briefs or trunks, with his phone in his left hand — while wearing his wedding ring.

· A selfie of Mr. Bezos fully clothed.

· A full-length scantily-clad body shot with short trunks.

· A naked selfie in a bathroom — while wearing his wedding ring. Mr. Bezos is wearing nothing but a white towel — and the top of his pubic region can be seen.

· Ms. Sanchez wearing a plunging red neckline dress revealing her cleavage and a glimpse of her nether region.

· Ms. Sanchez wearing a two-piece red bikini with gold detail dress revealing her cleavage.

It would give no editor pleasure to send this email. I hope common sense can prevail — and quickly.

Dylan.
Fuck you Dylan.

Goodbye AMI. It's about time.
Avatar Photo: Rusty, the All American Squirrel, was given Karl P. Koenigs' gun. Rusty: "Sucks to be you, Karl."
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Orlylicious

Re: National Enquirer's David Pecker Flips On Donald To Feds "Dirty Deeds" -- Now With Amazon's Bezos & WaPo!

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm

OK, time to look at Michael Sanchez. Still speechless at Dylan's hubris.

Page Six NYC 2/5:
However, the pair — last spotted in public together at the Golden Globes on Jan. 6 — have been kept apart amid an investigation into how their racy texts were obtained by the National Enquirer.

Sanchez — who is still in the midst of a divorce with her husband, WME/IMG co-CEO Patrick Whitesell — and her family have been dragged into the investigation, which is being spearheaded by Bezos’ head of security, Gavin de Becker.

While Sanchez has been relatively out of sight, Bezos has been jetting between his family homes in Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles — and was very visibly in Atlanta over the weekend for the Super Bowl. Sanchez is believed to still be living with Whitesell and their children at their Beverly Hills mansion, and has spoken to investigators, we’re told.

A source told us: “Jeff and Lauren haven’t seen each other for 28 days and counting. Of course, they’re in constant contact, but the palace intrigue exploding behind the scenes has made it extremely difficult for them to see each other.

“They’re very much in love, but there are people in the Amazon camp who would be much happier if Jeff and Lauren weren’t in love. … Things have got rather messy.”

Lauren’s brother Michael Sanchez was furious to be named as an alleged player in the embarrassing leaks of Bezos’ love-struck texts to Lauren by security guru de Becker, who last week confirmed to The Daily Beast that Michael had spoken to his investigators. They allegedly are digging into Michael’s friendships and alliances with Trumpworld figures Carter Page and Roger Stone.
https://pagesix.com/2019/02/05/jeff-bez ... r-28-days/

Daily Mail:
Pro-Trump brother of Lauren Sanchez reveals he has known about Jeff Bezos affair since April but DENIES leaking sexts as billionaire and his mistress appear to have met in Texas last month

Michael Sanchez is suspected of leaking details and texts of his sister's affair with Jeff Bezos to The National Enquirer
He is his sister's publicist and manager, pro-Trump and close with Roger Stone and Carter Page, but denies leaking to the Enquirer
Michael claims to have known about the affair since April, and went to visit Bezos with his sister and mother in June at Amazon headquarters
He says the texts likely got to the Enquirer by 'spying by foreign governments, rival tech companies or "deep state" actors within the U.S. government'
Michael also 'discussed with de Becker a theory in which Trump might have enlisted the help of British intelligence or the Israeli Mossad'
DailyMail.com has obtained records that show Bezos and Sanchez were both flying near El Paso on Jan. 24, suggesting the two met up for first time in weeks
By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 15:19 EST, 6 February 2019 | UPDATED: 20:15 EST, 6 February 2019

Jeff Bezos is not the only person investigating how The National Enquirer learned of his affair with Lauren Sanchez. The Washington Post, which is owned by the billionaire, has done their own digging into who is behind the leak of steamy sexts and alleged nude photos sent by the pair, and have narrowed down the list a handful of suspects - including Michael Sanchez.

Michael is the manager and publicist for his sister he claims, and has been aware of the affair since April. In June, he posted a photo of himself, his sister and his mom visiting Amazon headquarters. Michael was also with the couple when they were photographed dining in Los Angeles and jetting out of Boston.

He denies leaking news of the affair however, and says Bezos' security consultant Gavin de Becker has made it his mission to keep his boss away from Sanchez. Flight records suggest however that this is not going to well, with Sanchez's helicopter spotted flying over El Paso, Texas on January 24.

Bezos was in El Paso at that time as well ahead of the launch of his Blue Origin rocket, and has a massive ranch nearby. Sanchez and her company Black Ops have filmed most of Bezos' launches over the past year, both before and after the pair started having an affair.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ffair.html

The Amazon Super Bowl ad was last minute, the plan apparently was a $20 million buy for Blue Origin but since she helped film it, they postponed it. What a mess.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm

For reference AMI's non-prosecution agreement. It says not to commit any crimes. :lol:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press ... 1/download

american_media_inc_ami_non-prosecution_agreement.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 pm

The sheer hubris of AMI here is quite breathtaking. You'd think they would understand better than most people the axiom about not getting into fights with people who buy ink by the barrel.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:37 pm

And every lawyer knows it's a bad idea to pick a fight with someone with a bigger wallet.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 pm

My boss used to always say "Choose your enemies carefully."

Words to live by.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Suranis wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:37 pm
And every lawyer knows it's a bad idea to pick a fight with someone with a bigger wallet.
Saying Bezos has a big wallet is a world class understatement. Congrats. :thumbs:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 pm

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 pm

Jeff Bezos accuses National Enquirer publisher of 'extortion'

Amazon CEO and The Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos on Thursday accused the company that publishes the National Enquirer of blackmailing him over a series of revealing photos the tabloid allegedly obtained.

"Rather than capitulate to extortion and blackmail, I’ve decided to publish exactly what [American Media Inc. (AMI)] sent me, despite the personal cost and embarrassment they threaten," Bezos wrote in a lengthy Medium post.

Bezos said AMI, which owns the National Enquirer and other publications, had obtained revealing text messages and photos tied to him, including what was referred to in an email exchange as a "d*ck pick."

The exchange came not long after the Enquirer had published text messages shared between Bezos and his mistress, which led Bezos to commission an investigation into how the tabloid acquired them.
Bezos said he and his lawyer "were approached, verbally at first, with an offer. They said they had more of my text messages and photos that they would publish if we didn’t stop our investigation."

The Amazon CEO said the company threatened to publish the new photos and text messages if he did not stop his investigation into AMI.

The Amazon CEO included in his Medium post multiple emails allegedly sent by AMI representatives with descriptions of the photos they had obtained, including a "below the belt selfie  —  otherwise colloquially known as a ‘d*ck pick.'"

According to the emails Bezos shares, the AMI representatives say they will not publish the photos if Bezos agrees to publicly state that the Enquirer's previous reporting on him wasn't politically motivated.

Bezos, a frequent target of Trump, said he refused.

"Of course I don’t want personal photos published, but I also won’t participate in their well-known practice of blackmail, political favors, political attacks, and corruption," he wrote in the Medium post. "I prefer to stand up, roll this log over, and see what crawls out."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4290 ... -extortion
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 am

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 pm
My boss used to always say "Choose your enemies carefully."

Words to live by.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am

Off Topic
FWIW - this Bezos stuff is also on the ROGER STONE thread.

There is a quote of an earlier comment
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p1066012

then the discussion takes off here:
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p1067539

Thanks. :bighug:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:14 am

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 pm
I had to laugh when I read this post from some one who calls himself MAGATrumpster:
Waiting for ICE to fully audit his business and fine him for hiring illegal immigrants using fraudulent IDs and charge him criminally under Federal RICO laws. US Govt will OWN Bezos
I think he got that name in his last sentence wrong.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:42 am

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:04 am

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:26 am

WaPo:
Robert Mintz, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said Bezos’s allegations, if accurate, could have serious consequences for both prosecutors and AMI.

“This could constitute criminal conduct in the eyes of a prosecutor, if these allegations are true,” said Mintz. “For prosecutors, your worst nightmare is watching a cooperation deal unravel. Alleged conduct like this puts them in the position to rethink that deal and potentially turn around and have to prosecute AMI, and that undermines their ability to continue to use them to assist other ongoing investigations.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... 7736dea440

Why is this article in the Style section :?:

Too, also, what does "criminal conduct" mean :?: Is there a standard legal definition for "criminal conduct" and if so, how would it apply to David Pecker/AMI :?:

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 am

Renato Mariotti
@renato_mariotti

THREAD: Did the National Enquirer and its parent company commit a crime or otherwise break the law in its recent actions towards Jeff Bezos?

1/ In the Medium post contained in the tweet above, Amazon founder (and Washington Post owner) Jeff Bezos explains how the parent company of the National Enquirer engaged in what Bezos characterizes as "extortion and blackmail" towards him. It is worth reading.

2/ As background, Bezos and his wife recently announced that they are getting divorced. This announcement appears to have something to do with the publication by the National Enquirer of texts and other evidence that Bezos had an affair with another woman.

3/ In the Medium post, Bezos explained that he hired someone to conduct an investigation of the National Enquirer and its parent company. He notes that there are "now several independent investigations looking into this matter," suggesting there are criminal investigations.

4/ To be clear, if the National Enquirer or its parent company caused someone to hack into Bezos' computer, server, or smart phone, that is a crime. (The National Enquirer's parent company claims it did not do so.) The subject of Bezos's post is something that happened after.

5/ Specifically, the parent company of the National Enquirer told Bezos that it had many compromising photos and texts that it had not published but would publish if he did not agree to certain terms, which it sent to Bezos, who included them within the Medium post.

6/ The terms were written by a Deputy General Counsel for AMI (the parent company), and they were sent *after* a descriptive email from AMI's Chief Content Officer describing in graphic detail the private photos and messages that AMI had in its possession.

7/ In the proposed terms, among other things, both sides (Bezos and AMI) agreed to release each other of any legal claims, Bezos agreed to state that AMI's coverage of Bezos was not politically motivated, and AMI agreed not to publish any of the private material.

8/ The terms explicitly stated that if Bezos didn't abide by the deal, AMI could publish the material.

To be clear, when I say "terms," I'm using a legal word--this is drafted as if they are terms in a settlement agreement between AMI and Bezos. That is important.

9/ So is this extortion or blackmail, as Bezos claims? Yes, given the ordinary meaning of those terms. But whether this is actually a *crime* is much more complicated than that. Situations like this are common and I have represented clients in a situation similar to Bezos.

10/ What is extortion? Typically it's when someone demands money in exchange for keeping something embarrassing private. While we ordinarily have a First Amendment right to say whatever we please, it can be a crime to threaten to say something unless money is paid.

11/ This situation is more complex than that. Bezos has potential legal claims against AMI, if AMI engaged in wrongdoing against Bezos. Also, the AMI Chief Content Officer hinted that they believe the Washington Post will publish a false story about AMI.

12/ AMI would surely argue that this is a legitimate settlement of its dispute with Bezos. They realize that Bezos has claims against them, and perhaps they could make claims against Bezos or the Washington Post. The agreement would release those claims.

13/ AMI would also argue that the agreement calls for both sides not to publish damaging information about the other side, and that the descriptive email from the Chief Content Officer was merely part of its settlement negotiations, to show Bezos that their offer had value.

14/ Was AMI's action slimy? Yes. Is it consistent with some of the questionable practices that AMI engaged in on behalf of Trump and others? Yes. But is this the sort of case federal prosecutors would charge as extortion? No.

15/ To make this out as an extortion case, prosecutors would have to argue that the claims Bezos had against AMI constituted "money or property" of Bezos and that the whole settlement proposal was merely window dressing for the extortion of Bezos by AMI.

16/ You can make those arguments, but it would be a very hard trial to win. And that's without considering a potential First Amendment defense. AMI would also have an advice of counsel defense, because those terms appear to have been drafted by a lawyer.

17/ So what about the AMI Non Prosecution Agreement with the Southern District of New York federal prosecutors? (Link below.) The agreement would obligate AMI to fully cooperate with a SDNY investigation of this matter.

18/ But if this wasn't a crime, it doesn't violate the agreement. It does shift things to an extent because prosecutors could claim that this was a crime and use that to void the Non Prosecution Agreement.

19/ AMI would certainly challenge that in court, but the standard would not be the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard that they would be entitled to in a criminal trial. That said, for the reasons above, I don't think federal prosecutors will go down that road.

20/ (If they did, they would spend a lot of resources fighting with AMI just to have the right to bring criminal charges against individuals at AMI that they were willing to forego bringing in the first place. Not a good use of prosecutorial resources.)

21/ As I mentioned earlier, moves like this are fairly common when there are legal disputes between people or companies as a way for one side to gain leverage over the other. It is despicable but I have had no success convincing federal prosecutors to bring charges. /end

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 am

GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 pm
They really really underestimated their intended "victim", and yes, I do think they thought he was like the rest of the DJT crowd who would fold at a minute pressure from them just like all the rest obviously did. They really really picked the WRONG "victim". Bezos' undisputablly has an ego that is without compare, he is also NOT a nice man, not nice in any way shape or form. They will find out just how NOT NICE. He does not take prisoners, he believes in scorched earth. They picked the wrong "victim".
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:29 am

That story is shocking and appalling.

They should know perfectly well that “picture” is properly shortened to “pic” not “pick,” bless their hearts.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:21 am

Well, this just got interesting.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

Return to “President & Executive Branch”