Presidential Approval Polls 2017, 2018, 2019

pipistrelle

Re: Presidential Approval Polls 2017, 2018, 2019

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm

“stymie the investigation” = “obstruct justice” in normal English.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun May 05, 2019 10:26 am

NBC News
'Hung jury': Public remains divided over Mueller probe in new NBC/WSJ poll

Sixty percent of Americans say President Donald Trump has been dishonest in the Russia investigation, but it's a mixed bag on impeachment hearings.

WASHINGTON — Sixty percent of Americans say President Donald Trump has been dishonest in the Russia investigation, while only a third believe the report by special counsel Robert Mueller clears the president of wrongdoing.

Still, the public remains divided on impeaching Trump, with nearly half of respondents opposing holding impeachment hearings, and with the other half supporting either immediate impeachment proceedings or future congressional investigations to study the issue further.

Those are the findings of the latest national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, which was conducted after Mueller’s 448-page report was released to the public on April 18. ...

Trump’s job rating: 46 percent

The NBC/WSJ poll also finds 46 percent of Americans approving of Trump’s job — up 3 points since March, although the change is well within the poll’s margin of error.

bob

Post by bob » Wed May 15, 2019 3:43 pm

This 538 article about the value of impeachment had this interesting graphic:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 pm

The Hill
Fox News poll: Trump disapproval rises to near record

President Trump's disapproval rating has jumped to 56 percent in a Fox News survey released Wednesday, just one point shy of the record high in Fox News polling.

The survey found a 5 percentage point increase in Trump's disapproval from last month. The only time his disapproval rating was higher, according to Fox News, was when it reached 57 percent in October 2017.

Forty-three percent of respondents said they approve of Trump's job performance, down from 46 percent last month. The record low for Trump approval in Fox News's polling is 38 percent, also from October of 2017.

Trump has the disapproval of a record number of men, at 53 percent, white men, 46 percent, and independents, 64 percent, according to the survey.

The poll comes at a tense political moment following two mass shootings earlier this month, one of which appears to have been racially motivated.

Approval for Trump's response to the incidents is just 37 percent, and 46 percent said they believe his administration has made the country less safe from mass shootings.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:56 pm

CNN
CNN Poll: Public's view on the economy dips for the first time in Trump's presidency

(CNN) Almost two-thirds of Americans (65%) say current economic conditions are good, but that's down since May, representing the first significant decline in public perception of the economy during Donald Trump's presidency, according to a new CNN poll conducted by SSRS.

As some economic indicators are beginning to show warning signs of a looming recession, the public's impressions of -- and outlook for -- the country's economic conditions are starting to waver, but they remain mostly positive. The 65% of Americans who now say economic conditions are good represent a 5-point drop from the May CNN/SSRS poll.

The President's overall approval has ticked down slightly. Forty percent of Americans approve of the job he's doing, down from 43% in June. Most, 54%, disapprove.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Just some random speculation.

If trump continues to meltdown daily (and, seriously, he's having 3-4 episodes A DAY these days), I have a hard time believing his numbers will go up significantly. If it becomes a concern that his decreasing poll numbers could drag down republican senators up for reelection, what do they do? You can't gerrymander a senate race. Do they distance themselves, or do they plow ahead and pray Putin hacks the machines?
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm
Just some random speculation.

If trump continues to meltdown daily (and, seriously, he's having 3-4 episodes A DAY these days), I have a hard time believing his numbers will go up significantly. If it becomes a concern that his decreasing poll numbers could drag down republican senators up for reelection, what do they do? You can't gerrymander a senate race. Do they distance themselves, or do they plow ahead and pray Putin hacks the machines?
He performs at his worst when he's under pressure. This is going to be an interesting election campaign.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Associated Press
AP-NORC poll: 62% disapprove of how Trump’s handling his job

NEW YORK (AP) — About 6 in 10 Americans disapprove of President Donald Trump’s overall job performance, according to a new poll released Thursday by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, which finds some support for the president’s handling of the U.S. economy but gives him weak marks on other major issues.

Just 36% of Americans approve of the way Trump is handling his job as president; 62% disapprove.

The numbers may be ugly for a first-term president facing reelection in 14 months, but they are remarkably consistent. Trump’s approval rating has never dipped below 32% or risen above 42% in AP-NORC polls since he took office.

No other president has stayed within so narrow a band. Since Gallup began measuring presidential approval, Trump is the only president whose rating has never been above 50%. Still, several — Harry Truman, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush — logged ratings worse than Trump’s lowest rating so far at some point during their time in office.

Trump’s poor grades in the AP-NORC poll extend to his handling of several key issues: immigration, health care, foreign policy and guns. Views of the Republican president’s handling of the economy remain a relative bright spot despite fears of a potential recession, but at least 60% of Americans disapprove of his performance on other issues. The consistency suggests the president’s weak standing with the American people is calcified after two years of near-constant political crises and divisive rhetoric at the White House.

The new survey was conducted shortly after back-to-back mass shootings in Texas and Ohio left dozens dead and renewed calls from Americans for answers from their elected officials. Trump pledged immediate action in the immediate aftermath of the attacks but has since shifted back and forth on whether to push for stronger background checks on people seeking to buy guns.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Pro tip to disapprovers: Vote!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm

I’m baffled as to what anyone thinks he’s done for the economy.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm
They watch nothing but Fox News and Sean Hannity told them so. FN won't report anything negative about trump so they think it's all roses petals. I got into an argument with a fellow once who honestly believed the stock market had tanked under Obama and it wasn't until trump got in that it began rising. He laughed when I said Obama had nearly tripled it. I dared him to prove me wrong.

He must have googled it because his next response was something stupid about Hillary.
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:57 am

CNN - Harry Enten
Six polls and more than 6,000 interviews show Trump's approval dropping

Poll of the week: A new national CNN/SSRS poll finds that President Donald Trump's approval rating stands at 40%. His disapproval rating is 54%.

His approval rating is down from late June when it was 43%. His disapproval rating is slightly up from 52% in late June.

What's the point: Over the last month and a half, a lot has happened in our national dialogue. Trump went after four congresswomen of color. Then he turned his sights on Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, who is black. More recently, there were the shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio. And fears are growing over a potential economic slowdown.

All together, it seems like recent news cycles are causing a downturn in the President's fortunes. His approval rating does seem to be sliding, which is troublesome news heading into 2020.

Presidents' approval ratings have been highly correlated with their re-election margin. In the midterm elections, Trump's approval rating lined up nearly perfectly with his party's vote share in the House elections.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:59 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:19 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:53 pm
They watch nothing but Fox News and Sean Hannity told them so. FN won't report anything negative about trump so they think it's all roses petals. I got into an argument with a fellow once who honestly believed the stock market had tanked under Obama and it wasn't until trump got in that it began rising. He laughed when I said Obama had nearly tripled it. I dared him to prove me wrong.

He must have googled it because his next response was something stupid about Hillary.
I watch/listen to nothing but MSNBC (in the sense that however little I watch it, it is the only news I watch), and just about everyone on MSNBC says the same thing. About every five minutes. Usually something like "Why is 45 focusing on X, when he should be focusing on the great economy?" All day, all the time, amplifying this incredibly narrow view of the economic health of our nation. Mentions of rising costs, unavailability, and disappearing services for health security, education, personal savings, roads, public services, etc. and removal of 90 percent of the wealth to the already insanely wealthy--once a day, if that.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:00 am

Political Wire
Trump Approval Slides to New Low In Virginia

A new Roanoke College poll find found that 53% of potential Virginia voters said they disapproved of President Trump’s job performance, while just 27% said they approved — a new low.

“The president has been a drag on Republicans in statewide elections since 2016. This year is especially significant because all 140 seats in the General Assembly are on the Nov. 5 ballot. Democrats hope to take control of the legislature, with Republicans defending razor-thin majorities of 20 to 19 in the Senate and 51 to 48 in the House of Delegates, with one vacancy in each chamber.”

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 am

The Hill
Trump's approval rating drops 6 points amid economic worries: poll

President Trump’s approval rating dropped 6 points in a new poll as Americans voice concerns about the economy.

Trump’s approval rating fell to 38 percent after July’s career-high 44 percent approval, based on the ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday.

The survey also found that 46 percent of Americans approve of Trump's handling of the economy and only 35 percent approve of his performance of trade negotiations with China.

Forty-three percent of Americans, meanwhile, said the impact of Trump's economic policies will increase the chance of a recession.

Americans' positive outlook on the U.S. economy overall is also down 9 points, from 65 to 56 percent. Moreover, the poll founds 60 percent of Americans think a recession next year is “likely” and 60 percent are more concerned the U.S.-China trade dispute will raise prices.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Trump's Approval Rating Rises to 88%

I've heard this bull before.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:34 pm
Trump's Approval Rating Rises to 88%

:rotflmao: Love, love, love this one!
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Return to “President & Executive Branch”