Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:06 pm
Indeed. I got the first round of the shingles vaccine about 3 months ago, but not the second. You need both to be protected.
Thanks for mentioning that. I received one dose of Shingrix in November and the medical staff did not tell me that it was a two dose vaccine. Now I will have to make my way back to the doctor for dose number two in the near future.
You may need to start over. You have to get the second dose within two to six months. Ask your doctor.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I had a cousin who got it, and I knew it was nothing I ever wanted to get. As soon as the first vaccine came out, I got it. My husband didn't get it. Lucky for him, I recognized the symptoms as soon as he got it, and he was put on the drug for it right away. Good, because it only helps if you catch it early. Even on the drug, he has a few uncomfortable weeks. Both my sister and my brother have had it, too, although they've now been vaccinated.

I hope they caught it early for you, Maybenaut. Good luck. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

There is a list of medications that prevent having the vaccine. A history of anaphylaxis can be a problem as well. Also keratitis, inflammation of the cornea, is a rare adverse incident. Fatigue lasting several days & a sore arm is common.

Recently, I was going to get the vaccine, but when my doctor and I read through the adverse side effects, it was recommended that I wait several months. We're hoping my current medical situation will reduce a bit by then.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I had shingles several years ago. That was some horrible stuff! Mine broke out across my lumbar area and shot down my right butt cheek. The first thing they wanted to do was to give give me a bunch of narcotics that I can't take. My bodily functions just don't tolerate such drugs which didn't help a damn bit.

BUT! I found the best solution ever that wasn't narcotics and you didn't even need a prescription! Capzasin Ointment. It hurt like hell rubbing it in almost to the point of tears but within a couple seconds the pain was completely masked and you didn't need any damn pain pills. :dance:

Just make sure you wear gloves and don't touch your face, then wash your hands with dish soap like 5 times when you're done to be sure. :bag:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:06 pm The verdict is in. Shingles. So relieved just to have a diagnosis.
Whew! I was gonna ask if it might be that. That’s bad enough but at least it won’t eat your face off. :?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Let’s celebrate!

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Bridges have Twitter accounts!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:30 pm Bridges have Twitter accounts!
I think it's a positive development. Progress.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Bridges to Nowhere :?: And they may have a Twitter account :?: Unforgivable - bridges must lead to one point only and the religious right wing dictates that you must find a Middle-Eastern at the other end :eek: No better time than the Cancel Culture to cancel out these bridges and their accounts :twisted:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... age-status
Liverpool has been stripped of its coveted world heritage status after Unesco blamed years of development for an “irreversible loss” to the historic value of its Victorian docks.

The UN’s heritage body concluded at a meeting in China on Wednesday that the “outstanding universal value” of Liverpool’s waterfront had been destroyed by new buildings, including Everton football club’s new £500m stadium.

The decision is a humiliating blow for the city and gives Liverpool the ignominious distinction of being only the third place to lose the status in nearly 50 years. The other delisted sites were Oman’s Arabian Oryx Sanctuary in 2007 and the Dresden Elbe valley in Germany in 2009.

Liverpool has enjoyed world heritage status since 2004 – placing it alongside the Taj Mahal and Great Wall of China – as recognition for its role as a major trading power during the British empire and the architectural beauty of its waterfront.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

It’s crazy how sore I am this morning but I guess I’m lucky I didn’t break my freaking neck! Last evening I was racing Wally (my brain damaged ½ coonhound ½ doberman) around the field on the 4wheeler, something we do almost every day but this time the grass was wet and I hit a dip in the ground the wrong way doing a tight circle and went airborne. I hit the ground pretty hard but was very lucky the 4wheeler landed right side up and not on top of me. My left wrist is pretty badly bruised; right forearm is fairly torn up and right hand pretty damn sore but nothing broken thankfully. I have a big scrape on my right side ribcage, a big painful bruise on the inside of my left thigh and a hell of a headache. Good thing I have a Doctor in the house! We had to go back out this morning tracing the tire tracks in the wet grass back to find my glasses. I was very happy they weren’t damaged!
► Show Spoiler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Yeouch!
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:33 amYeouch!
:yeahthat:

And it's probably going to look a lot worse. Healing wishes. :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

OUCH!!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Ow! Glad you’re not seriously injured!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:11 am It’s crazy how sore I am this morning but I guess I’m lucky I didn’t break my freaking neck! Last evening I was racing Wally (my brain damaged ½ coonhound ½ doberman) around the field on the 4wheeler, something we do almost every day but this time the grass was wet and I hit a dip in the ground the wrong way doing a tight circle and went airborne. I hit the ground pretty hard but was very lucky the 4wheeler landed right side up and not on top of me. My left wrist is pretty badly bruised; right forearm is fairly torn up and right hand pretty damn sore but nothing broken thankfully. I have a big scrape on my right side ribcage, a big painful bruise on the inside of my left thigh and a hell of a headache. Good thing I have a Doctor in the house! We had to go back out this morning tracing the tire tracks in the wet grass back to find my glasses. I was very happy they weren’t damaged!
So sorry, MsDaisy --

I took a spill a few evenings ago. There is an unresolved intermittent water leak at my condo, and I was walking down the tiled hallway, barefoot --slipped on water and fell face first full-force into a bedroom door jam. Amazingly, as much as my face was busted up, my glasses didn't break.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Healing wishes all around!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I dropped a 2x18x24 maple cutting board on my right foot, hit the first two toes. The bruising is nearly over, but they were purpleblack for a couple of days. Who can tell if your toes are broken?

:bighug: to all.

Maybenaut Im getting the fucking shingles vaccine this afternoon!
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:09 pm I dropped a 2x18x24 maple cutting board on my right foot, hit the first two toes. The bruising is nearly over, but they were purpleblack for a couple of days. Who can tell if your toes are broken?

It’s a two-parter! Don’t forget the second part like I did!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:09 pm I dropped a 2x18x24 maple cutting board on my right foot, hit the first two toes. The bruising is nearly over, but they were purpleblack for a couple of days. Who can tell if your toes are broken?

Must be a full moon or something...

I had shingles, it sucked really bad. They want to give you pain pills that I can't take, narcotic pain relievers have always caused me way more GI pain than they're worth. But just in case anyone here does get shingles there is one thing that really works and is not a narcotic! Capsaicin ointment, it hurts like hell for the couple seconds it takes to rub it in but seconds later, BAM! the pain is almost completely masked! Great stuff! :thumbsup:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Best wishes for a fine recovery to all y'all. :bighug:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “General Stuff”