Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:faint:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

That photo of the workers having a lunch break never ceases to amaze me.
tek

Post by tek »

and unlike your cellphone cam. he has two shots in his filmholder. And getting to that second shot is non-trivial (insert darkslide, pull out film holder, invert, insert film holder, pull out darkslide)
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

tek wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:55 pm and unlike your cellphone cam. he has two shots in his filmholder. And getting to that second shot is non-trivial (insert darkslide, pull out film holder, invert, insert film holder, pull out darkslide)
I make workers show me their shoes before they clime a ladder.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

I thought those were selfies.
Il factotum
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

My dad tried to log into facebook today. Ended up creating a brand new account. :cantlook:

I told him to call me when he gets back from camping and I would help him sort it all out.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

jez wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:06 pm My dad tried to log into facebook today. Ended up creating a brand new account. :cantlook:

I told him to call me when he gets back from camping and I would help him sort it all out.
Maybe facebook is what you might discourage.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Uninformed wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:14 am
He clearly has all his PPE on. Love those safety shoes.
Lani

Post by Lani »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:17 pm
jez wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:06 pm My dad tried to log into facebook today. Ended up creating a brand new account. :cantlook:

Maybe facebook is what you might discourage.
I'm thinking about leaving it as well. I want to keep up with some people. But after 2016, I and my son were viciously attack by Bernie bros. I don't blame Bernie, but the followers were screaming at us about HRC being a pedophile and other things that are now Qanon. I blocked them, and they blocked me, rejoicing in Trump's election to teach us a lesson. How did that workout for you assholes?

I post maybe 2 times a year. I should just shut it down and give people I want to continue with my email.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Weird, weird and disgusting. Where to even begin?!

An acquaintance of mine who lives in a nice, small town in West Cental Ohio with his husband had a mystery on his hands. For ten years, periodically, he or his husband or the grounds keeper would find a pile of human feces and soiled restaurant napkins around his landscaping shrubs. A week, or a month would pass before another stinking pile was discovered.

This past Friday, my friend was walking his dogs- it is a large property in town- and the dogs alerted. He caught the guy in a squat and confronted him while calling the police. Cops responded and confronted the guy as he sticky-butt skittered back home a couple blocks away.

He admitted he did it and claimed it was because the victims were Biden supporters. Maybe to curry favor with the trumper cops in that town? I dont know. But weird because Biden...not ten years? Openly gay committed marriage for ten years? Coinkydink.

So, he got a fucking ticket for littering. That's it. Littering for leaving restaurant napkins. Worse yet? He is a substitute teacher there, known for gnawing on chalk and creeping out kids with odd, suggestive behavior.

Ohio Man leaves a shitty legacy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Where would it be appropriate to start a thread on Mental Health? Depression. Grief. Therapy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good question. It could fit in several places.
Is it generalized depression? PTSD from the OSG? There doesn’t seem to be a perfect fit. May I suggest Whatever Doesn’t Fit Elsewhere… and a hug? :bighug:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:40 am Good question. It could fit in several places.
Is it generalized depression? PTSD from the OSG? There doesn’t seem to be a perfect fit. May I suggest Whatever Doesn’t Fit Elsewhere… and a hug? :bighug:
Yeah, moar hugs! :bighug:

I recently ordered a copy of Learned Optimism. It arrives tomorrow! I read it almost 30 years ago when everything seemed to go wrong and I was coping with fibromyalgia. I've got a lot changes going on now and too much worrying, so I'll read it again starting tomorrow night.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Thank you Kate and Lani. I am actually doing fairly well. I meant a general thread to share advice, thoughts on and articles about those subjects.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Try General Stuff or Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere - both kind of "Don't know where to put it" options. Sort of like junk drawers, but your thread won't be junk. :thumbsup:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Elephants on the loose in China.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o elephants in the China shop :?:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

BREAKING ROOSTER NEWS
62-foot chicken starting to take shape in Georgia town

FITZGERALD, Ga. (WALB) - The Fitzgerald 62-foot-tall topiary chicken is taking form but not flight as begins to look more like a bird and less like a chicken coop.

Fitzgerald Mayor Jim Puckett said the wings will be added next. He said construction did slow down over the last year because of the pandemic and that the Tennessee-based artist, Topiary Joe, was recovering from surgery. Puckett said they’re still working on a timeline for completion.

“This is not a model kit that you just snap together. No one’s ever built a 62-foot steel chicken before, so he’s having to come here, put things together, measure everything, go back to his shop in Tennessee, and start then. And so it’s been a work in progress, but I’ma tell you this is gonna be fantastic when it’s finished,” said Puckett.

Puckett said people continue to have a lot of interest in the big chicken, even newlyweds wanting to stay a night inside the soon-to-be plant-layered bird.

The money to build the chicken comes from SPLOST dollars that could only be used for tourism projects.
https://www.wrdw.com/2021/05/30/62-foot ... rgia-town/
3NVVR6UUU5B7VO3VDAE6EO6OUA.jpg
3NVVR6UUU5B7VO3VDAE6EO6OUA.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 1599 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Speaking of chickens:
Thought of Raising Backyard Chickens? Every Spring, thousands of chickens are sold at local farm supply stores. Often these chickens die before they are ready to start laying eggs (16-30 weeks). Children quickly realize that chicks are not as fun as the Xbox and parents find out that chickens can not be house broken! The costs quickly start becoming more and more, then chickens are "sent to the farm". Other people think about chickens but think they don't have the space, worry about regulations, or just don't know what they need. Do you build or buy a coop? Do you buy peeps? How do you raise an egg laying hen if you buy a peep? Did someone tell you about a heat lamp? It can all be overwhelming and we take the guess work out of all of the questions by offering a portable coop, the food & supplies, and the egg laying hens!

:snippity:

Why "Rent The Chicken"? We provide all of the supplies you need to get started: portable chicken coop, two to four egg laying hens, 100-200 pounds of feed (optional non-GMO or Organic feed available), food & water dishes, a chicken keeping book as well as instructions on how to keep your chickens happy! Within two days of the arrival, your chickens will lay eggs ready to use! These eggs have 1/3 less cholesterol, 1/4 less saturated fats, and 2 times more omega 3 fatty acids than store bought eggs. Your Rent The Chickens should lay about a dozen to two dozen eggs per week depending on your Rental Package. You will know exactly what your chickens eat!

How does it work? You place your reservation either through our website or over the phone. We schedule a date to bring to your home a portable coop, two to four chickens that are already laying eggs, and the supplies needed to get you started for your rental period. Chickens produce the most eggs when daylight is at peak. Towards the end of the Rental Period, if you realize that you were born to raise backyard chickens, adopting the chickens and all of their supplies is an option! Otherwise, we will schedule a date towards the end of your Rental to stop by and pick up the rented chickens, coop and supplies. As soon as the start of the Rental Period comes back around, we schedule a time to bring your chickens back to you and provide you with another season of rental.
http://www.rentthechicken.com/
Tiredretiredlawyer

71345667-1D37-43A6-9C66-8F3D0880B5D7.jpeg
71345667-1D37-43A6-9C66-8F3D0880B5D7.jpeg (79.89 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:rotflmao:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Now that was art!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

It is definitely art!!!!!!!!
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

There you all go, laughing at someone's misfortune.
Il factotum
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

zekeb wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:32 am There you all go, laughing at someone's misfortune.
It’s OK to laugh at the misfortunes of a super genius.

Return to “General Stuff”