Hijack This Thread

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 pm This Quick Reply thing is neither a feature nor a bug, but it is incredibly distracting, annoying, and obnoxious. I, for one, hate it.
Hate it, but I'm not sure if it is true hate, or just because I'm not used to it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:22 pm This Quick Reply thing is neither a feature nor a bug, but it is incredibly distracting, annoying, and obnoxious. I, for one, hate it.
It was an accident. I have disabled it again. I was trying to find out why I can't add smilies. I have submitted a request to the phpBB support team about that.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 pm
It was an accident. I have disabled it again. I was trying to find out why I can't add smilies. I have submitted a request to the phpBB support team about that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:46 pm
OhThankdoG! And thank you Foogy who did nothing wrong and takes eggsellent care of his wee boogle!
😘🥰🐔🐣🐤🐥
Image Image Image Image
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Has anyone who e-filed their taxes on the 12th received their refund yet?
Largo al factotum.
bbflatt

Post by bbflatt »

Zeke, my direct deposit landed yesterday. My MIL got hers on Monday.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

bbflatt wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm Zeke, my direct deposit landed yesterday. My MIL got hers on Monday.
Thanks, bb. I'll keep watching.
Largo al factotum.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's so cool! I saw something like that recently. Pretty sure it was someone different, though. It could have been on the last forum.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
Record low flu cases this season. Obviously a multitude of reasons why. 1499 cases for the season(Sept-Feb) so far. Was 174,037 at this point last year. https://cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

E07633CE-ECFB-471B-B8E7-02B07A69A4C8.jpeg
E07633CE-ECFB-471B-B8E7-02B07A69A4C8.jpeg (34.34 KiB) Viewed 11036 times
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That musta been some Friday.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Scientists have recently determined that people with the most birthdays live the longest.
tek

Post by tek »

Didn't find the resurrected "problems" thread.. so..

fogbow via HTTPS is giving me a SSL_ERROR_UNRECOGNIZED_NAME_ALERT .. firefox and chrome..
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Same here. The secure version isn't working, but I got in using the unsecured version just now.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Same here.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 pm https:// twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1365388519754072077

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
Record low flu cases this season. Obviously a multitude of reasons why. 1499 cases for the season(Sept-Feb) so far. Was 174,037 at this point last year. https://cdc.gov/flu/weekly/pastreports.htm
I guess social distancing and lockdowns prevent the flu from finding new targets.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:34 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:53 pm https:// twitter.com/mikebettes/status/1365388519754072077

Mike Bettes
@mikebettes
I guess social distancing and lockdowns prevent the flu from finding new targets.
That is just so weird.
Lani

Post by Lani »

And less traveling. I think Hawaii has confirmed about 6 cases, 0 on some islands.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Also too, face masks will be a great contributor in preventing the flu from spreading, especially on public transport.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 am A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
Wonderful. :)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I feel old now. :( ;)

Stephen Fry
@stephenfry
Celebrate the unique talent of Douglas Adams on 11 March. Watch a fantastic group of speakers to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of Douglas’ book, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Sign up and join here: https://bit.ly/3rfXSFf #DouglasAdams #SaveTheRhino #h2g2 #dirkgently
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 am A week ago last Thursday Mrs took a nasty fall in the driveway, and one good thing has come of it: she's eating again. She hasn't eaten more than a few hundred calories a day since Feb 2020. She's lost a lot of weight, and looks like a walking skeleton in the right light. She took that conk on the head, and within a few days was ravenous. She has breakfast, lunch, and dinner now, rather than just a couple crackers, a bit of cheese, and maybe an Ensure if I stand there watching her drink it. What a wonderful difference it has made to see her color come back. I am jazzed!
That's wonderful news.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

So glad to hear she's doing better and hope she maintains that weight.

Return to “General Stuff”