Hijack This Thread

sugar magnolia

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

Joe Buck???
Joe Fucking Buck????

I lovelovelove the Saints and never miss a game, but when Joe Fucking Buck is commentating I have to listen to the plays on the radio.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Hidden away in the sportsball section is an announcement that 10th season of fantasy football played on Yahoo by Fogbowers has been opened.

Last year was....kinda sad. We started with 8 and I ended up playing 4 of the teams+mine as folks dropped out.

DM me your e-mail address if you want in so I can send the invite.

The requirement is to post your own roster every week Whether you make roster changes or whatever is up to you, but Yahoo's interface makes adjusting rosters that aren't mine kinda annoying and actually time consuming.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Lord Lila Chili of Eclectico
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Lord Iggy Baked Ziti of Dollar General
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

An extract from the Golden Raspberry Awards:

* Worst picture - Absolute Proof
* Worst actor - Mike Lindell, Absolute Proof
* Worst supporting actor - Rudy Giuliani, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
* Worst screen combo - Rudy Giuliani & His Pants Zipper, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56856540
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:55 am An extract from the Golden Raspberry Awards:

* Worst picture - Absolute Proof
* Worst actor - Mike Lindell, Absolute Proof
* Worst supporting actor - Rudy Giuliani, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
* Worst screen combo - Rudy Giuliani & His Pants Zipper, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56856540
You forgot to include this Razzie award: SPECIAL “GOVERNOR’S AWARD” TO 2020 AS WORST CALENDAR YEAR EVER!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Orlando Sentinel
@orlandosentinel
I love Disney World, but wokeness is ruining the experience | Commentary https://bit.ly/3ndedd4

Abigail Disney

Twitter logo
16h, 15 tweets, 3 min read
In complete sincerity I reach out to you, Jonathan VanBoskerck just to say I am sorry that everything feels like it is leaving you behind. I feel the same way sometimes. I want to offer you a chance to meet some of the folks behind this “woke” culture that troubles you so much 1/

As a survivor of sexual assault myself, I have to confess that the carefree way in which the pirates bid for and buy women whom they clearly intend to rape left me feeling traumatized and certain that what happened to me didn’t matter to anyone but me.And that’s a hard feeling 2/

For a person who is already ashamed. I would like to introduce you to the sons and daughters of men and women who can remember their enslaved forebears so you can listen to them talk about the scars on their backs, the children sold away from under them3/

The men and women who lived entire lives never knowing a moment of freedom and self determination and who nevertheless persisted because they dreamed of freedom for their children. I would love those people to tell you what it feels like to have those ancestors reduced 4/

To comical sidekicks and fools, who accept their enslavement gladly because they are, in the formulation of this myth of white supremacy, too stupid to want anything else. I would love to introduce you to the people I know who have lived lifetimes of terror of being 5/

“found out” or publicly named as a freak or a monster simply for being who they know themselves to be. I want to introduce you to people who would not dream of asking you or demanding to know who you sleep with and why and what you really look like naked, especially as it 6/

Clearly has nothing to do with your capacities, gifts, intelligence or anything else you have to offer this world. There are a lot of people you’ve never met, sir, and therefore have never had to bother caring about. That’s why you object to having you lovely placid 7/

Unreality ruffled by the needs of anyone who doesn’t fit neatly into your dream of a perfect world. 8/

This might sound like an angry post but I hope you will understand that it is only passionate. I have heard this complaint before and it almost always comes from men like you—white, middle aged, and economically comfortable if not set for life, and living in areas 9/

Where the chances of you interacting, becoming friends with, or actually caring about a person in one of the classes of people now for the first time getting the opportunity to feel heard and seen in a culture that up until now has either ignored or actively sought to crush 10/

Them. I have no doubt that if you met or befriended anyone from one of these classes you’d understand them, feel compassion for them, and never do a mean or bad thing to them. You might even stick up for them. Woke culture is merely asking that you try to not need to have 12/

Met someone to care about them. Math alone makes it impossible for us to build a society of caring if everyone in it can only care about those people they’ve already met. I’ve met so many conservatives like you. So quick to object to the talk of what people need 13/

As a class and yet downright stubborn about defending an individual from one of those classes because you’ve met them. All the “woke” world is asking is that you extend this circle of generosity and kindness that I’ve witnessed in your communities outside to others 14/

Who might not know you but would appreciate your kindness and respect nevertheless. What woke culture is asking, is, in fact, VERY consistent with the dream my grandfather and great uncle had when they built that company. There was nothing political about simple kindness then 15/

And there’s nothing political about it now. You’d be surprised how easy it is if you try it.
• • •
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I read that opinion article in the Orlando Sentinel yesterday and was rolling my eyes and shaking my head. :roll:

I'm glad Abigail took the time to write a detailed and heartfelt response. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wonkette dealt with him, too also.

He is a DA in Nevada who doesn't realize that Disney World is for kids - of all colors. :roll:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I've never gone to any Disney property because I know they are commercial monstrosities. I don't want to pay to deal with crowds. But, this guy makes me want to go there just to piss him off. I'm betting nobody asked him about his amblyopia while he was there.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Lord Sunkist Curry Lentil Soup with Chicken (homemade) of Albertsons.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:55 am Lord Sunkist Curry Lentil Soup with Chicken (homemade) of Albertsons.
:biggrin: Our neighbors had a dog named Sunkist.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:32 am
Atticus Finch wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:55 am Lord Sunkist Curry Lentil Soup with Chicken (homemade) of Albertsons.
:biggrin: Our neighbors had a dog named Sunkist.
Our Sunkist is an orange tabby we adopted at the animal shelter.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I couldn't read the Orlando Sentinel article (paywalled) and chose to believe it was satire. I see I was mistaken.

The unwillingness of large numbers of human beings to show the slightest empathy or consideration for others is really quite depressing.

(Also I went to Disney World for the first time with my wife and in-laws when I was a 3L. They all but forced me to ride It's a Small World, at the end of which I was nearly tearing my hair out from the racism and asking out loud how that ride could still exist. That was eleven years ago.)
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
filly

Post by filly »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:36 am I couldn't read the Orlando Sentinel article (paywalled) and chose to believe it was satire. I see I was mistaken.

The unwillingness of large numbers of human beings to show the slightest empathy or consideration for others is really quite depressing.

I totally agree, especially since so many of those are people who keep telling us that America is a Christian nation. I am not a "believer" but the philosophy of Christianity is a good one that has been perverted and weaponized by evil men (and women) for a few thousand years.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

filly wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:36 am I couldn't read the Orlando Sentinel article (paywalled) and chose to believe it was satire. I see I was mistaken.

I totally agree, especially since so many of those are people who keep telling us that America is a Christian nation. I am not a "believer" but the philosophy of Christianity is a good one that has been perverted and weaponized by evil men (and women) for a few thousand years.
But, we can't have us some Sharia Law. Nobody has looked carefully at the SovCit idea of courts and common justice.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

filly wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:46 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Larry Kudlow is concerned Biden will force Americans to drink plant based beer among other things.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:31 am Larry Kudlow is concerned Biden will force Americans to drink plant based beer among other things.

Isn't ALL beer plant based????? :confuzzled:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 am
Well, yeast is fungi which is neither animal nor plant. So, he may have a legitimate fear. Emphasis on may, and not on legitimate.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Mrs made a point: Maybe Kudlow just revealed he's a vampire.
tek

Post by tek »

Handy fact to remember in cases like this:

"Larry Kudlow has never been right about anything."
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:46 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:41 am
Well, yeast is fungi which is neither animal nor plant. So, he may have a legitimate fear. Emphasis on may, and not on legitimate.
Kudlow is just a tool of Big Fungi!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
4h
This stuff is completely imaginary. Biden has not proposed any limit on Americans’ meat consumption.

What happened: 1) The Daily Mail ran an article that dishonestly connected Biden’s climate plan with a not-at-all-about-Biden study. 2) Others on the right just ran with this.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The best thing about that is it explains why there were comments on the TigerDroppings board about eating 4 pounds of meat. One of the LSU heehaws was dipping and spitting at a children's playground and my friend called him down about it. Somehow or other, it made it to the TigerDroppings board so they have been skewering her for every thing they can think of, including her haircut It's hysterical, but I had no idea what the comments about eating meat were all about. This clears it right up.

Return to “General Stuff”