Weather Alerts

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Weather Alerts

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:36 am
Volkonski wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:07 pm South Carolina

As an aside, the truck has a ThreePer sticker.
At least the III-incher has finally found a practical need for jacking up his truck (and not just the need to make up for personal issues common with 3 inchers). His overly blinged truck is higher above water though I wouldn't be surprised if his collection of LEDs ended up shorting out his electrical system when he flies through the newly created lakes.
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

USA TODAY
@USATODAY
Flooding in Kentucky has led to evacuations and rescues in many areas.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

The rain continues over Hawaii. I'm not going to attempt leaving home until we get some sunshine for a couple of days here. That's not happening soon!
Today Oahu & Kauai are being hit a strong thunderstorm, and just now I'm getting the flash flood warning for Kauai on my phone, tv and computers.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 pm The rain continues over Hawaii. I'm not going to attempt leaving home until we get some sunshine for a couple of days here. That's not happening soon!
Today Oahu & Kauai are being hit a strong thunderstorm, and just now I'm getting the flash flood warning for Kauai on my phone, tv and computers.
:( :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

And once again, the road to Hanalei is closed due to flooding and a shelter has opened.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

HONOLULU – Gov. David Ige signed an emergency declaration for the entire State of Hawai‘i as heavy rains are causing flooding, landslides and fear of dam failure, prompting evacuations in at least two counties.

In Maui County, heavy rains completely washed out the Peahi Bridge on Peahi Road, and displaced the Kaupakalua Bridge on Kaupakalua Road, making the roads impassable. There is also damage to other roads and bridges on the Valley Isle.

Across the state, saturated ground conditions and increased water levels in reservoirs have increased the risk of erosion, seepage, piping and fear of dam failure.

The emergency declaration covers the counties of Hawai‘i, Maui, Kalawao, O‘ahu and Kaua‘i. It gives the governor the authority to spend state funds as appropriated to protect the health, safety and welfare of residents and visitors in the State of Hawai‘i. The declaration supports the state’s efforts to provide quick and efficient relief of suffering, damage, and losses caused by flooding and other effects of the heavy rains.

The disaster emergency relief period continues through May 8, 2021.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Take care, Lani. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:20 pm Take care, Lani. :bighug:
Yes, that. :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Take care, Lani! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
PARADISE SWAMPED: Hawaii governor declares state of emergency following major flooding and evacuations. https://abcn.ws/3t7hnkk
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
Hawaii has experienced very heavy rainfall since Sunday, with some areas getting 1 to 2 feet of rain in just 24 hours.

:shock:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Oh my, Lani. Take care!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Just got a weather alert for fire. Never have I seen that here before. But rain starting tomorrow.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

We got over half an inch of much needed rain overnight, and a bit of snow on the hills.
Estiveoshot_20210310_114533.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

Still raining, still lots of thunder, but the warning has dropped to a flood watch through Friday. I'm amazed that I still have power and the internet. <yawn> not much sleep because it was a noisy night. Good thing I have lots of coffee!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Radar indicated tornado warnings this afternoon in Minnesota. Sigh. It's nice to have some spring rain, but I could skip the drama.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:52 pm We got over half an inch of much needed rain overnight, and a bit of snow on the hills.
Estiveoshot_20210310_114533.jpg
Do you live on a horse farm? I see Noble shelters LOL.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:lol: No, but the horsey set is all around me. Also cows, sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, & emus.
( :shh: I even know where there's a camel.)
Image Image Image Image
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 pm :lol: No, but the horsey set is all around me. Also cows, sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, & emus.
I don't know of anyone with a camel, but there's a stallion zebra just a mile down the road :lol:

Back on topic--I remember snow on only a few occasions in Los Gatos. We'd see Mount Hamilton with snow a bit more often, but still a rare sight.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Oahu is under another flood warning. Roads are flooded, trees down etc. Flood watch throughout the state until Friday night.

Thunder and rain all day. Just now there's a warning of waterspouts and another thunderstorm just southwest of me and moving in my direction. :bored:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Lani wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:20 pm Oahu is under another flood warning. Roads are flooded, trees down etc. Flood watch throughout the state until Friday night.

Thunder and rain all day. Just now there's a warning of waterspouts and another thunderstorm just southwest of me and moving in my direction. :bored:
Seems to be floods or volcanos for you folks...

Maybe when I took that volcano rock to deliberately piss of the volcano gods I inadvertently screwed yous guys... :shrug:

[Just kidding, my mom didn't bring the rock back]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Lani

Post by Lani »

If you have the rock, you'd be the one under the thunderstorm. (Which now right is over my house - must go hug my dog.)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Lani wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 pm If you have the rock, you'd be the one under the thunderstorm. (Which now right is over my house - must go hug my dog.)
Be safe, and hunker down. :bighug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Azastan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:29 pm
Estiveo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 pm :lol: No, but the horsey set is all around me. Also cows, sheep, goats, llamas, alpacas, & emus.
I don't know of anyone with a camel, but there's a stallion zebra just a mile down the road :lol:

Back on topic--I remember snow on only a few occasions in Los Gatos. We'd see Mount Hamilton with snow a bit more often, but still a rare sight.
Don't know about a Zebra, but I know a guy (well I've met a guy) that owns hundreds, probably thousands of 'em.

He sells lots of them to Saudi's for racing and packages lots for eating. Camel is good eating, and much more heart healthy than beef (but like pork, camel is not kosher).
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “General Stuff”