Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Man-Made Disasters

MN-Skeptic

Man-Made Disasters

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The Weather Channel -

'Imminent' Collapse at Florida Phosphate Plant Wastewater Pond Threatens Tampa Bay, Surrounding Neighborhoods
Officials in Manatee County on Florida's Gulf Coast ordered residents living near an old phosphate plant to evacuate immediately Saturday fearing a wastewater reservoir at the site could collapse and send 600 million gallons of acidic radioactive waste into surrounding neighborhoods.

Some of the water has already been drained into nearby Tampa Bay in an attempt to prevent the collapse.

"Evacuate area NOW. Collapse of Piney Point Stack Imminent!" read the alert from county officials about 11 a.m. Saturday.

“There has been further motion with the wall,” Manatee County Public Safety Director Jacob Saur told the Bradenton Herald. “We’ve ordered further evacuations and closed U.S. 41.”

Manatee County Administrator Scott Hopes said at a briefing Saturday afternoon that attempts to plug the breach overnight with dirt and stone failed.

He said a complete collapse of the wall along the pond could lead to "600 million gallons in a matter of seconds or minutes leaving the retention pool and going over the surrounding areas."

Hopes said officials think the water would flow to the north of the pond across low-lying areas and down into Tampa Bay. The collapse could also threaten other retention ponds on the site, Hopes said.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis declared a state of emergency for Manatee County about 1:45 p.m. Saturday.

Officials first discovered a tear Thursday in the reservoir, which contained about 800 million gallons of water and waste products from the manufacture of fertilizer from phosphate, according to the Bradenton Herald.
More horrifying details at the link.
Dave from down under

Re: Man-Made Disasters

Post by Dave from down under »

:toxic-waste: :radioactive: :nooo:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That's so Florida!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How Love Canal-ish.

But environmental regulations are so yesterday.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:45 am How Love Canal-ish.

But environmental regulations are so yesterday.
Yeah. If there were no regs, those retention ponds wouldn't be needed, the effluent would have drained to the Tampa Bay a long time ago, and there would be no danger now.

No fish either.
And you couldn't use the bay of recreation.
And prolly no safe beaches for miles.
And it would smell bad.
But, we'd be safe.
Kind of.
Maybe.
If you didn't have kids or pets.
Or need your kidneys.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:50 am
Yeah. If there were no regs, those retention ponds wouldn't be needed, the effluent would have drained to the Tampa Bay a long time ago, and there would be no danger now.

No fish either.
And you couldn't use the bay of recreation.
And prolly no safe beaches for miles.
And it would smell bad.
But, we'd be safe.
Kind of.
Maybe.
If you didn't have kids or pets.
Or need your kidneys.
It's Florida. The spring breakers will happily flock to the beaches anyway.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Azastan wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:03 am
It's Florida. The spring breakers will happily flock to the beaches anyway.
See? No danger at all. Party on!!!

I'm headin down the Florida Highway
Lookin for a love get away
Lani

Post by Lani »

IT'S A HOAX!!!!! /wingnut
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This is the area affected.
ScreenHunter_360 Apr. 04 08.32.jpg
ScreenHunter_360 Apr. 04 08.32.jpg (348.17 KiB) Viewed 5867 times
HRK Holdings is the company that manages the wastewater holding stack.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.fox13news.com/news/complete ... s-imminent

For scale the rectangular area at the top of the picture that contains 3 lakes is about 3000' by 3000' and covers 200 acres. I do not know which of those lakes is leaking.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Previous leaks have flowed into Bishop Harbor. The endangered residential area is on the right on the map.
ScreenHunter_361 Apr. 04 08.54.jpg
ScreenHunter_361 Apr. 04 08.54.jpg (364.77 KiB) Viewed 5845 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Manatee County Public Safety Department
@MCGPublicSafety
BREAKING:
@MCGPublicSafety
officials just expanded a mandatory evacuation area around the breached Piney Point reservoir. The original evacuation zone has expanded a half-mile west and one mile southwest to Moccasin Wallow Road.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The specific area, although the danger zone is expanding.

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

How long do the holding ponds hold the waste? Does the waste evaporate? Does it live forever? This is way worse than chem trails, isn't it? :confuzzled:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:24 am How long do the holding ponds hold the waste? Does the waste evaporate? Does it live forever? This is way worse than chem trails, isn't it? :confuzzled:
Right now there is no good way to get rid of this waste. The water evaporates but then rain falls. During heavy rains waste from these ponds is dumped into Tampa Bay. They are pumping waste into the Bay now trying to prevent the walls of the ponds from collapsing.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:24 am How long do the holding ponds hold the waste? Does the waste evaporate? Does it live forever? This is way worse than chem trails, isn't it? :confuzzled:
No the chem trails are worse, I should know, I install the machinery :rolleye:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Wondering if/when it will be revealed that the instability of the reservoir has been known for some time? It’s normally par for the course for events like this.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Tiredretiredlawyer

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:30 am
No the chem trails are worse, I should know, I install the machinery :rolleye:
:shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Thank you, V. Hubby was researching this. :biggrin:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I moved from that area three years ago. There is not one person with two brain cells to rub together that hasn't been warning and pleading with officials about this danger for years!

Fuck DeSantis. And all his big-money donors.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm Thank you, V. Hubby was researching this. :biggrin:
Here is a link some locals are following. Kind of incredible that they are claiming no danger to local water supplies.

https://www.mymanatee.org/news___events ... int_update
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Apparently, it's been leaking for a while.
What Governor Ron DeSantis is calling “a possible breach of mixed saltwater” is actually over 800,000,000 gallons of mixed radioactive waste water. He is trying to minimize the severity of a natural disaster that has brewing and pushed aside for decades.
Piney Point has been leaking for almost 20 years and instead of fixing the leak, it has been continually and almost annually decided to pay the fines for polluting our bay instead of fixing the problem. Those decisions have lead our community to awaiting the IMMINANT COLLAPSE of the phosphogypsum stacks at Piney Point, which will lead those 800,000,000 gallons of radioactive water to rush into the surrounding communities in the form of a water wall expected to reach 20’ in height.
A storm surge of radioactive waste water.
It is Easter Day, 2021 and over 300 families have been displaced by the disaster. Inmates at Manatee County Jail have been disregarded as humans and moved to the second story of the building rather than be evacuated. And Ron DeSantis had the audacity to come to our town and flat-out LIE to the nation via Twitter.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

This just proves the point there is no reason to wear a mask in Florida. Y'all are dead already. You just don't know your funeral dates yet.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Kim Kuizon FOX 13
@kkuizon
From
@ManateeSheriff
“We will be moving 345 inmates to an undisclosed location in order to free up bed space for the remaining 721 inmates on the upper level of the Manatee Jail.” Worst case scenario they are looking a foot of water on jail property #.
@fox13news
#pineypoint

Return to “General Stuff”