Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Food but not recipes

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Food but not recipes

Post by Foggy »

The goog informs me that Ellsworth, Wisconsin is 1,178 miles from where I sit. :|
Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:48 pm The goog informs me that Ellsworth, Wisconsin is 1,178 miles from where I sit. :|
Coastal Elitist!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So have a meet-up in the Twin Cities and go from here.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:15 pm Veal & poultry producers had no problems complying with similar regulations in a timely manner.

For some reason pork producers have been dragging their curly little tails, and only about 4% of California hog farmers are in compliance, filthy swine.

Now I want pork chops.
One of my neighbours down the road has a hog farm. He sells pasture raised heritage pork. Delicious!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:24 pm So have a meet-up in the Twin Cities and go from here.
You know I'd love to do exactly that. :lovestruck:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210814_142443.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Low carb buns.........I want some! :biggrin:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
The Polo Lounge at the Dorchester Hotel: ‘Dismal food at inexplicable prices’ - restaurant review

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/a ... ant-review
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:26 am :lol:
The Polo Lounge at the Dorchester Hotel: ‘Dismal food at inexplicable prices’ - restaurant review

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/a ... ant-review
Yes, experienced that more than once. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am I don't know that I've ever even seen real cheese curds. I'd try 'em, though.
A true treat if you have a cheese maker in your area. It's the only thing I'll buy at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I can get all their other products at a grocery store cheaper. But, their cheese curd is only available in Tillamook.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:44 pm
Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:20 am I don't know that I've ever even seen real cheese curds. I'd try 'em, though.
If you've ever seen cottage cheese, AKA curds & whey, you've seen 'em.
But, that's just clabbered milk. It's more akin to Ricotta than Cheddar. It lacks the firmness.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Had one of those tubes of Crescent Roll dough sheets in the fridge that had to be used up. I was having a craving for something a bit sweet. Looked at it. Made something.

sprinkled some cinnamon and french toast popcorn topping on it, rolled it up, sliced it up, voila, mini cinnamon roll bites. Whipped up a quick powdered sugar glaze to top it off.

My sweet tooth is being satisfied.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Avocados may face shortages due to droughts. :eek:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

First thought this was Brexit :o I wonder about the staffing shortage, no cooks?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Our favorite pizza/hoagies place hasn't been able to get chicken wings for at least six months. They used to sell 10,000 a month.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chick-fil-A made a deal with the devil to get all the chicken wings. ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:10 am Our favorite pizza/hoagies place hasn't been able to get chicken wings for at least six months. They used to sell 10,000 a month.
If you are in the Pittsburgh area, Wings Suds & Spuds north of the airport appears to be still going though their credit card machine has been having some issues (bring cash). Pro-tip. Be careful of the garlic wings. The folks riding in the car with you to a wedding later that day will not appreciate it if you have too many garlic wings.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Butterfly Bilderberg

Post by Butterfly Bilderberg »

Reporting from Memphis. I had the what may be the best pulled pork BBQ at the (locally) famous Corky's Bar B Q on Poplar Ave. I brought back to the hotel room a doggie bag that contains more BBQ and REAL BANANA PUDDING!

It was worth the six-hour drive from NOLA.

Anyway, I highly recommend Corky's (four locations in Memphis) on your next excursion that takes you to or through Memphis. Limited indoor dining because the restaurant is practicing social distancing of the tables and outstanding service by the wait staff. There's a drive-through window and tonight the line had about dozen cars at any moment.
In my Twitter feed, this tweet to @jsolomonReports: "on behalf of everyone, thanks for being the giant retard that you are."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We tried to eat at Corky's once in Gatlinburg, but they had recently closed. This was several years ago. Their BBQ is awesome! We had some of the best ever brisket in Tennessee once, too.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Received a three pack from Amazon. Yeah, it's pricey, but really good. Not super hot, just a nice bite along with the sweetness of the fruit. Scrambled eggs never tasted so good :dance:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

styled as a Q&A
Tired of tea scum? How to banish it for ever – and make the perfect cuppa
Scientists have discovered what causes the waxy residue on the surface of your tea, with possible solutions ranging from a drop of lemon juice to moving house

Wed 8 Sep 2021 15.04 BST

• Name: Tea scum.

Appearance: A grotty, cuppa-topping oil slick.
Is this some sort of horrible slur? No, not at all. Although “tea scum” may sound like something that a violent coffee enthusiast may spray paint on the front door of someone who prefers PG Tips, we’re talking about the actual thing.

What actual thing? You make a cup of tea and let it sit for a few minutes, only to be confronted by a grotesque waxy film on the surface when you bring it up to your mouth.

Oh yes, that. I always put that down to my partner stirring my tea with a dirty spoon because they hate me. Fortunately, that is not the case. Your partner may hate you, but it has been revealed that tea scum is caused by a simple chemical process.

Really? Clearly you don’t read the scientific journal the Physics of Fluids, because that’s all anyone there can talk about.

Fine then, talk me through it. Scientists at the Institute of Food, Nutrition and Health in Zurich, discovered that tea leaves contain compounds called polyphenols. These have a habit of bonding with calcium carbonate in tap water. And when this happens, a film tends to appear at the surface of the tea cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/shortc ... fect-cuppa
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

(yawn) Yes, we discussed that last week dahling. Weren't you here? Perhaps you overlooked that.

:)

I liked the tone of the article.
filly

Post by filly »

Tonight I made ribbons of yellow squash with a lemon-garlic dressing as a side dish to my husband's grilled chicken. He said it was the best squash he's ever had.

Return to “General Stuff”