Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rest In Peace

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by Slim Cognito »

:crying:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Don't they still have Sunny?

Though she's getting old too.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

aw no

but that is a short life isn't it?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

sad-cafe wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm aw no

12 years?

Kind of.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Very sad, again "regardless of leg count" all creatures are loved and missed terribly when they're gone. :(
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Helmut Jahn

https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/a ... son-center

I never met him, but my dad worked with him when they built the Thompson Center.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I can't find it now, but I read that Bo had cancer.

how cruel
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Chilidog wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm aw no

12 years?

Kind of.
According to the AKC's website, the lifespan of a Portuguese Water Dog is 11-13 years, so Bo was right about in the middle of the range.

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/portuguese-water-dog/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 pm I can't find it now, but I read that Bo had cancer.

how cruel
I saw that too. I need to research further but with all these chemicals my neighbors pour on their lawns week after week, I'm terrified to let my dogs walk across them.* Two such neighbors just had to put their dogs down because of cancer. Yes, my lawn is full of dollar weed, but it's green and it stays short so fuck it.

And I'm not saying that's what gave Bo cancer, but it probably didn't help.

*I did see a respectable publication dated 2012 saying (paraphrasing) For the love of all that is good and holy, keep your dogs off grass you don't personally maintain because you don't know WTH has been sprayed there.

We're also fighting green algae down here and it's only May. It's caused by fertilizer run-off.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/kid ... 3-77709228
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- The student reporter who gained national acclaim when he interviewed President Barack Obama at the White House in 2009 has died of natural causes, his family says.

Damon Weaver was 23 when he died May 1, his sister, Candace Hardy, told the Palm Beach Post. Further details were not released. He had been studying communications at Albany State University in Georgia.

Weaver was 11 when he interviewed Obama for 10 minutes in the Diplomatic Room on Aug. 13, 2009, asking questions that focused primarily on education. He covered school lunches, bullying, conflict resolution and how to succeed.

Weaver then asked Obama to be his “homeboy,” saying then-Vice President Joe Biden had already accepted.

“Absolutely,” a smiling Obama said, shaking the boy's hand.

He used that meeting to later interview Oprah Winfrey and athletes like Dwyane Wade.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html
Eric Carle, the writer and illustrator who delighted millions of youngsters with “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” and other classic picture books that captured the riotous colors and imaginative jaunts he craved as a boy, died May 23 at his home in Northampton, Mass. He was 91.

His family announced the death in a statement but did not give a cause.

Simply told and radiantly illustrated, Mr. Carle’s books have been story-time staples for decades. Generations of young readers were enchanted by “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” (1969) and its ravenous protagonist, one of the best-loved characters since Peter Rabbit. On the book’s 40th anniversary, Newsweek magazine noted that it had eclipsed “Goodnight Moon” and “The Cat in the Hat” in popularity.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 476081002/
Kay Lahusen, photojournalist and LGBTQ rights pioneer, dies at 91

Kay Lahusen, a pioneering LGBTQ rights activist who chronicled the movement's earliest days through her photography and writing, has died. She was 91.

Known as the first openly gay U.S. photojournalist, Lahusen died Wednesday at Chester County Hospital outside Philadelphia, following a brief illness.

Together with her partner, the late activist Barbara Gittings, Lahusen advocated for gay civil rights years before the 1969 Stonewall uprising in New York helped launch the modern LGBTQ era. She captured widely published images of some of the nation's first protests.

Lahusen "was the first photojournalist in our community," said Mark Segal, a friend of more than 50 years and founder and publisher of the Philadelphia Gay News. "Practically every photo we have of that time is from Kay."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Damn, just Ed and Betty left. :cry:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pamela Brown on CNN says she's going to be speaking to Ed Asner in the next hour.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

My favorite Gavin MacLeod role was in Kelly's Heroes. I shall have to watch it in his honor.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I first knew Gavin as Happy on McHale's Navy. My parents loved that show.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

poplove wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:35 pm I first knew Gavin as Happy on McHale's Navy. My parents loved that show.
I loved that show, so funny, especially Tim Conway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP.

Nice memories.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Responsible for several songs I didn't care for, but they were popular, so somebody must've liked 'em.
Image Image Image Image
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gavin's book is breezy and interesting...

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

F. Lee Bailey, age 87.
filly

Post by filly »

Flea Bailey. Ugh. Bye bye!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/clar ... 234989765/
Clarence Williams III, an actor known for portraying Linc Hayes on “The Mod Squad” and Prince’s father in “Purple Rain,” died on June 4. He was 81.

Williams’ management confirmed his death to Variety, citing the cause as colon cancer.

Return to “General Stuff”