Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

sugar magnolia

Re: Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Just got back from the vet with our "new" dog, Popcorn ("Popper") and they fell in love with her too. 9 pounds of lovable fluff and the vet says she's a Maltipoo. Healthy in every way except she hasn't been spayed yet. That's up next!

Not totally convinced she's not a Westiepoo though. as I have never seen a Maltipoo with ears that stand up.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Love her bangs. 💕
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Cute!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

Story here: https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/06/1 ... pport-dog/
US Capitol Police is welcoming a furry member to the force—not for bomb-sniffing, but for emotional support in a department traumatized by the events of January 6. The department tweeted this week that black Labrador Retriever Lila is joining the ranks as a full-time emotional support dog. The 2-year-old pooch will begin her tenure on July 5.

Lila’s arrival will come almost six months to the day after the Capitol insurrection. Concerns over lingering trauma have permeated the department, especially for those who dealt with rioters firsthand. Two police officers present during the attack, Howard Liebengold and Jeffrey Smith, died by suicide days after the insurrection. Many other officers have experienced ongoing struggles with their mental health.

In response, members of Congress like Virginia’s Jennifer Wexton have called for bolstering mental health resources for members of the Capitol Police force. Some initiatives have already launched: Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan is teaming up with Dr. Jim Gordon of DC’s Center for Mind-Body Medicine to provide officers with resources to aid the healing process. Lila’s promotion from playful pup to full-time support dog demonstrates another effort to bolster morale within the ranks.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Awww, look at Lila’s face! Sweet girl.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have never heard of short spine syndrome. Anyway, here is a little doggie that will win you over with her spunk. And she beat the odds on survival and is living a happy and healthy life. :lovestruck:

--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Sweet puppy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:

--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yep!

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh, this is cool. Benny the ice skating doggie.

--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cool! :biggrin:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Benny skates better than I do!!!!!! Way to go, Benny!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

--Colin Kaepernick
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He didn't even try. :lol:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I keep watching that video and burst out laughing every time!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: That is hilarious. I love how he decides to just lay there for a while. Didn't try to clear the hurdle and didn't try to get up after getting all tangled up in it. That's taking chill just a teensy bit too far.
--Colin Kaepernick
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Allow me to introduce Mille. Much as I'd love to claim her as my own, she does in fact belong to my mom and her husband - as much as one can claim to own such an independent spirit :lol:

She's a just about 3 years old, miniature wirehaired, and the runt of her litter, so she's a svelte 7 pounds. And of course, being a dachshund, she believes her size to be inverse proportional to her actual size, so she likes to imagine she's the size of a Great Dane :mrgreen:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:
Lani

Post by Lani »

RVInit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:12 pm :rotflmao: That is hilarious. I love how he decides to just lay there for a while. Didn't try to clear the hurdle and didn't try to get up after getting all tangled up in it. That's taking chill just a teensy bit too far.
Ted would do that. Despite being Lab, Golden, and Poodle, he has no interest in doing things like that for a human. He won't even chase a ball :o
When we're at Big Dog park, all the dogs get excited when someone produces a ball. The dogs gather and watch the ball bearer carefully. Ted runs over to see what's up. Then the ball is thrown. All the dogs happily run after it. Except Ted. He kinda shrugs his shoulders and wanders off to play in the wading pool.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Lani wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:53 pm
RVInit wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:12 pm :rotflmao: That is hilarious. I love how he decides to just lay there for a while. Didn't try to clear the hurdle and didn't try to get up after getting all tangled up in it. That's taking chill just a teensy bit too far.
Ted would do that. Despite being Lab, Golden, and Poodle, he has no interest in doing things like that for a human. He won't even chase a ball :o
When we're at Big Dog park, all the dogs get excited when someone produces a ball. The dogs gather and watch the ball bearer carefully. Ted runs over to see what's up. Then the ball is thrown. All the dogs happily run after it. Except Ted. He kinda shrugs his shoulders and wanders off to play in the wading pool.
:lol: oh that is funny, Lani.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

At a camp I was with, there was a black lab that hung out there. He would like to play fetch but it was always a short game. You would throw the stick, he would go after it, and then sit down and chew the stick for a while. He never came back with the stick.
Last edited by Foggy on Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: speling/grammer
101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”