Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Uninformed

Re: Dogs!

Post by Uninformed »

:cry:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:brokenheart:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Maybenaut, :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck:

--Colin Kaepernick
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:07 pm
Notaperson wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:00 pm :lovestruck:
That’s beautiful, Notaperson. And timely. We have to say goodbye to Maybedog tomorrow. Obviously, we’re heartsick about it, but it’s time. He’s fifteen, he has a bunch of conditions that they can’t really treat, hasn’t really eaten much in the last few weeks, and now he can’t really stand up.

:brokenheart:
That is such a hard thing to do but it's even worse seeing them suffer. When our Roxy got that way we had her on a blanket next to her Poppie's desk early one morning when we made the decision to take her in when the clinic opened, but when it was time to go she had already gone peacefully on her blanket at her Poppie's feet. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sending lots of love to Maybedog and his family :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Oh, maybenaut, I am so sorry about maybedog. :brokenheart: :crying: :crying: :crying:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I always called him Maybedog on here. His name was Joey.

We brought him home and buried him in the woods under a cairn of stones.

Listeme’s sister drew this picture from a photograph taken at the Meetup in Maine.
CF685AF3-42DD-4AA5-8DC5-231C6BB28133.jpeg
CF685AF3-42DD-4AA5-8DC5-231C6BB28133.jpeg (125.79 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a lovely dog.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

FiveAcres wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:22 pm I am so sorry for your loss. Such a lovely dog.
Yes, that! :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Joey looks so sweet in that drawing. Listeme’s sister is quite the talented artist. I am so sorry for your loss, it's so hard when they cross that rainbow bridge. I still miss my Maggie so much and it has been SO many years now. Sending you lots of love and hugs. :bighug:

💋FIFY
Kate
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Was Maggie your Heart Dog, RV? I was watching rescue videos and it came up. It’s a dog who somehow captures your heart just a bit more -or a lot more -than others even if you swear you love them all equally.

I love that drawing, maybenaut. More hugs. :bighug:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:55 pm Was Maggie your Heart Dog, RV? I was watching rescue videos and it came up. It’s a dog who somehow captures your heart just a bit more -or a lot more -than others even if you swear you love them all equally.

I love that drawing, maybenaut. More hugs. :bighug:
Oh yes, for sure. Maggie was so extra special. I used to have lots of dinner parties and one time a friend had gotten really into photography and brought his camera. He brought the photos to my house and every single photo of me showed her right beside or behind me. Even when I was so busy checking in with friends and refilling wine glasses and wasn't aware that she was there, she just stayed by my side no matter where I went. We had the most amazing and special connection and affection for each other. She's definitely the doggie love of my life. As much as I have loved all my pets there is just something that little extra special about Maggie.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

It's so heart breaking to say goodby to our fur babies. :crying:

So here's some cute dogs doing synchronized dancing and loving every moment of it. You can skip to 1:30 in if you want to see the doggos right away.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Wow those dogs!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Thanks, everybody. Yesterday was a rough day. It’s so hard even when you know you’re doing the right thing. I’m so grateful for this community.

By the way, the vet was a total asshole. While Joey was laying there on the table and my husband and I were in tears waiting for him to die, the vet was going on about the evil liberals moving into the area. What a dick. It’s a good thing I was completely unable to speak.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A $600 pup is cheap, Root Beer cost $2800.

Root Beer also says if you keep her, her name is 'Western Omelet" or "Eggy" for short. We're very big on naming dogs after food.

If you want to have us teach her to fly helicopters, we need her for a weekend and it'll be $10 for gas. :dog:

You can never go wrong making friends with a dog. You can leave them locked out in the rain and they'll be glad to see you when you get home, which you can't do with a wife.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:38 pm A $600 pup is cheap, Root Beer cost $2800.

Root Beer also says if you keep her, her name is 'Western Omelet" or "Eggy" for short. We're very big on naming dogs after food.

If you want to have us teach her to fly helicopters, we need her for a weekend and it'll be $10 for gas. :dog:

You can never go wrong making friends with a dog. You can leave them locked out in the rain and they'll be glad to see you when you get home, which you can't do with a wife.
We're leaning towards 'Popcorn' but it will be the first dog we've ever had named after food. We've had a bunch of cats named after food though.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Zen Buddhist monk second son with all sorts of black belts and 2010 world welter weight championship in Kickboxing found and named our rescue dog "Pancake" because that was the only name she responded to when he and his significant other were going through a list of possible names. Popcorn sounds cute and appealing. :biggrin:

Did a brag enough about my son? Also, too, do not ever try to out logic him. He should be a trial lawyer.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:40 pm Zen Buddhist monk second son with all sorts of black belts and 2010 world welter weight championship in Kickboxing found and named our rescue dog "Pancake" because that was the only name she responded to when he and his significant other were going through a list of possible names. Popcorn sounds cute and appealing. :biggrin:

Did a brag enough about my son? Also, too, do not ever try to out logic him. He should be a trial lawyer.
My husband made it almost 12 hours before calling her "Popper", which she seems to approve of.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Popcorn it is!
:popcorn:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Scireeeeve, take note!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-dep ... d=78577842
Tennessee deputy dog rescues missing 6-year-old girl
"He licked her face and she gave him a big hug."

An intense around-the-clock search for a missing 6-year-old Tennessee girl involved multiple law enforcement agencies, drones and airplanes equipped with thermal imaging, but ended when a deputy dog sniffed out the child allegedly being hidden in a rural shed by her father, authorities said.

Fred, a bloodhound member of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office, is being showered with praise for rescuing the girl authorities allege was kidnapped by her dad.

DeKalb County Sheriff Patrick Rey said in a statement that the girl was last seen on May 26 by a relative who was given temporary custody of her after the child's 34-year-old father, Nicholas Reeder, was arrested in March on charges of child abuse and neglect.

The girl went missing soon after her father was released from jail and allowed by the Department of Children's Services to stay at the home where his daughter was living, Rey said.WTF!!!

Tidwell said Fred's good deed did not go unrewarded. He said Fred was given his favorite chicken dinner to feast on as well as an extra treat of pizza crusts.

"I praised him and loved on him," Tidwell said. “I pulled the chicken reward out of my pocket. He ate the chicken and wanted to meet other people as if to say, 'Look what I’ve done.'"

Return to “General Stuff”