Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Cats!

Post by bill_g »

roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

IMG_6200 red.jpeg
IMG_6200 red.jpeg (220.65 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://coleandmarmalade.com/2019/09/08 ... tone-eyes/
Gorgeous Odd Eyed Olive Is Taking Over Instagram With Her Mesmerizing Two Tone Eyes!
51834267_161651224824926_6967203150041116512_n-1024x1024.jpg
51834267_161651224824926_6967203150041116512_n-1024x1024.jpg (28.59 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Bowie reincarnated?
david-bowie-trucco-uomo_.jpg
david-bowie-trucco-uomo_.jpg (31.24 KiB) Viewed 5578 times
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Segmental heterochromia for those (like me) with a compulsive need to define things.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RS - :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Olive , you are stunning.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There’s a resident cat in Maybelot. The previous owner was the Crazy Cat Lady, but she took very good care of her cats. She had many outdoor cats for whom she provided food and shelter. She set traps and rounded them all up, but she asked us to keep one geriatric male because she’s afraid he won’t survive the move to a new environment. So we agreed to keep him. He hunts most of the day. I’ll post a picture when he shows back up.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:19 pm There’s a resident cat in Maybelot. The previous owner was the Crazy Cat Lady, but she took very good care of her cats. She had many outdoor cats for whom she provided food and shelter. She set traps and rounded them all up, but she asked us to keep one geriatric male because she’s afraid he won’t survive the move to a new environment. So we agreed to keep him. He hunts most of the day. I’ll post a picture when he shows back up.
Old tom cats are awesome. I imagine them having much wisdom to impart, if only we spoke their language.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The cat above looks like my Coco, except Coco has one blue eye and one green eye.

This cat looks like her brother, Sabbath, who’s been missing since last July.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

This is Mr. Chunky, Feline-in-Residence at Maybelot. He’s feral, but friendly. He’s very grizzled, and pretty old - at least 15, according to the previous owner.
F1497560-E57D-48CF-93C5-639E5843761E.jpeg
F1497560-E57D-48CF-93C5-639E5843761E.jpeg (118.61 KiB) Viewed 5359 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Quite distinguished looking. He'll make a wonderful majordomo! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

What a handsome groundskeeper you have in Maybelot :lovestruck:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Looks like a survivor. 8-)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

My cats get a dollop of wet food am and pm, and always have dry kibble available. On the rare occasions when they have emptied the dry kibble bowls, they let me know I have neglected to provide for them by sitting on me whilst I am attempting to sleep.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:25 am
One of mine does that too, but he screams while he does it.

It's the same one who loses his little cat mind when I get on the phone, and starts screaming and pulling at the phone. My friends think it's hilarious but it makes me want to bounce him off the closest wall. We never heard him make a sound until he was about 5 or 6 years old and I was out of town one weekend. He started yowling 12 hours after I left and it got so bad my husband called me and put the damn cat on the phone so I could tell him to shut up. The minute I stopped talking he started screeching again. I spent 3 hours driving home talking to the fucking cat on the phone.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:rotflmao:

(good kitty)
Image Image Image Image
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:53 am He started yowling 12 hours after I left and it got so bad my husband called me and put the damn cat on the phone so I could tell him to shut up. The minute I stopped talking he started screeching again. I spent 3 hours driving home talking to the fucking cat on the phone.
My first thought would be to have husband record one minute of me talking on the phone and then play it on a loop for the cat.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:53 am One of mine does that too, but he screams while he does it.

It's the same one who loses his little cat mind when I get on the phone, and starts screaming and pulling at the phone. My friends think it's hilarious but it makes me want to bounce him off the closest wall. We never heard him make a sound until he was about 5 or 6 years old and I was out of town one weekend. He started yowling 12 hours after I left and it got so bad my husband called me and put the damn cat on the phone so I could tell him to shut up. The minute I stopped talking he started screeching again. I spent 3 hours driving home talking to the fucking cat on the phone.
:rotflmao:

I grew up with 2 cats. One was mackerel tabby (that tiger stripe one) who had a siamese mother. If she wanted anything, which was not too often, the entire neighborhood heard it. The other, our calico with the floppy ear and belly, rarely talked with her soft high pitched voice. If she wanted outside, she stared at the door (we were well trained). She would look in the patio door when she wanted back (that worked too and was preferred to climbing on the screen). Now, to be let upstairs from the basement, since we would not be able to see her, she would reach her paw under the door and pull on the spring door stopper, twang.

Interestingly, when I was the only one home for the summer during college while my little brother and parents were at a music camp, she became downright talkative. I figure, since I was the only one around, and out working during the day, she decided she needed to be more assertive about her needs, or just needed somebody to talk to. That behavior continued even after the summer.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We've had this cat since 2005 (he was born during Katrina) and the only person I have ever heard his hiss or growl at is my husband (I've had him since 1983) when he has the audacity to get between me and the cat. Boo absolutely loses his shit when that happens.

He has only ever been outside one time in his life about 5 years ago. He tiptoed out the french doors onto the deck and then got spooked and darted under the house. I spent 3 days sounding like the crazy cat lady creeping around in the backyard at 4 in the morning calling for the damn cat. I have friends that have been in and out of my house for years and never knew he even existed because he does NOT like people. When someone comes in the house, it takes him an hour to reappear after they leave.He's jet black and fat and my kids call him the demon kitty. I don't argue.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm He's jet black and fat and my kids call him the demon kitty. I don't argue.
Just curious - does he let you pet him? Or your children? Does he cuddle at all?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:32 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm He's jet black and fat and my kids call him the demon kitty. I don't argue.
Just curious - does he let you pet him? Or your children? Does he cuddle at all?
Me, yes. If I'm in the bed I can't keep him off of me. Literally. He wakes me up at least once a night either trying to burrow under me, face butting me or pulling on my hand for pets. He won't let anyone else get close enough to pet him. He rarely ever goes anywhere in the house but our bedroom and the kitchen, but if I'm in the bedroom he's on top of me. He's the only cat I've ever had who has never reached the limit of sitting still to be petted. He'll sit there for 6 hours if you will. He plays like a kitten though. The calico will get on the bed and they'll wrestle like children. She's the only other cat he's ever gotten along with, and he tolerates her at best. The calico mostly wants to be outside unless it's cold or raining so she sleeps with us occasionally, and when she does, she sleeps with her head under Boo's belly. It's very weird.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Courtesy of JJ MacNab, a sweet cat:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “General Stuff”