Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Cats!

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:biggrin: :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:lovestruck: And she already has her own Oscar winning song you can sing to her!

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 am :lovestruck: And she already has her own Oscar winning song you can sing to her!

That would be War Nurse' era. My voice isn't smooth enough to sing that. I'm more ZZ Top. :)
Tiredretiredlawyer

Then you talk sing it like Louis Jordan or Rex Harrison.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 am :lovestruck: And she already has her own Oscar winning song you can sing to her!

Thank Heaven for Little Cats! (Without them what would little staff persons do?)
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:33 am Then you talk sing it like Louis Jordan or Rex Harrison.
I had to Google those names. This is more my style, though I couldn't sing it either. I just like to imagine I'm this smooth.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:38 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:33 am Then you talk sing it like Louis Jordan or Rex Harrison.
I had to Google those names. This is more my style, thought I couldn't sing it either. I just like to imagine I'm this smooth.

Lovelovelove this video. I've probably watched it 50 times.
Tiredretiredlawyer

This video is how I learned about the song "Uptown Funk"! Love it!

Bruno Mars is FANTASTIC!!!!!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I love ginger tabbies.
Attachments
0EE8C583-CD23-48DC-BC14-E67EB30CD8CE.jpeg
0EE8C583-CD23-48DC-BC14-E67EB30CD8CE.jpeg (160.45 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

Sounds right.

Screenshot_2021-05-08 twitter.png
Screenshot_2021-05-08 twitter.png (36.42 KiB) Viewed 3471 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Damn!! What a sucker am I!
Lani

Post by Lani »

My has a cat after years without one. During the strict lockdown, and while his partner was on the mainland, he announced that he was getting a dog asap. She said nope, she was shipping her 8yo family cat to Hawaii. And that was that. But she made a fatal mistake: Bella arrived 2 days before she did. The very vocal cat shuns her. You know the drill. She turns her back and flicks her tail and then jumps in son's lap. She devoted herself to successfully ordering my son around and making the GF pay for her transgression.

GF doesn't work from home, so obviously Bella spends the days expressing her feelings and demands, jumping on son's lap during zoom meetings, napping on his laptop, and demanding tummy rubs. Now son refers to his cat and posts pictures of her on facebook. Here's a picture of her keeping an eye on her new servant.
Screenshot_Bella.png
Screenshot_Bella.png (230 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I found out over the weekend that Gigi likes PB&J sammiches. She knows what they are, and she doesn't stop until she gets her some. Holding one in her presence without sharing is almost dangerous. Wow. I have never had a cat that liked PB&J.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Are pb&j sandwiches one of your favourite foodstuffs? I suspect that Gigi has come to this conclusion and knows that if she can get you to share, there’s nothing off-limits. :thumbup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bill_g, you need to read Fuzzy Nation, by John Scalzi. 8-)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:31 am bill_g, you need to read Fuzzy Nation, by John Scalzi. 8-)
Noted. Thx!
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:43 am This video is how I learned about the song "Uptown Funk"! Love it!

Bruno Mars is FANTASTIC!!!!!
I was leaving my niece’s wedding with my sister and brother-in-law when Uptown Funk came on. We all started walking, bopping our heads to the music. Next thing we were on the dance floor with the bride and groom and my entire family dancing. :lol: We stayed another half hour dancing.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Uninformed wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:29 am Are pb&j sandwiches one of your favourite foodstuffs? I suspect that Gigi has come to this conclusion and knows that if she can get you to share, there’s nothing off-limits. :thumbup:
It's a staple lunch especially if I'm busy, but she came into our short relationship with this knowledge. She knew exactly what it was and literally crawled up my pants and shirt to get to it. My left side has the claw marks to prove it. I was the human fence pole, the prize was at the top, and an incessant happy meow was her battle cry the entire ascent. She's usually demure and understated. PB&J pushes her buttons big time.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Gigi's PBJ Ascent needs to be videoed for our viewing pleasure.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Hobokitty loves him some pepperoni...

When ever I get done eating some [yes I eat slices right out of the bag] and he smells it on my hands, he proceeds to grab said hand with all four paws [and claws] and gnaws on my fingers getting the life giving pepperoni grease...

I end up having to give him a few pieces...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer

life giving pepperoni grease
Sounds like something in a cat religion.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We have had cats in the past that had the same reaction to butter beans, dill pickles and popcorn. They would take an arm off for a bite of those delicacies.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I had a cat who would kill for Flamin' Hot Cheetos. He'd also insist on licking every last speck of Cheeto dust off my fingers.
Image Image Image Image
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

We had a black cat, Bagheera, who loved olive juice. If I was eating black or green olives he would come over and get his nose right next to them and sniff. He wouldn't eat the olives, he just licked the juice. He could also find catnip no matter how old it was or where it was stashed. He became an indoor cat after he got two abscesses in one month and cost me $1200 in vet bills. The vet called him a repeat offender when I brought him in to treat the second abscess, just three weeks after the first one. He had to have stitches and wore the cone of shame for a while. But he transitioned nicely into an indoor life and lived until he was almost 17. We had to say goodbye when he got accelerated renal failure. :brokenheart:

Return to “General Stuff”