Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

MN-Skeptic

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:lol:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Coyotes going nutz tonight. They are always there but this is crazy tonight.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Poor dude is going to lose 30 seconds by going around Richland to get to Kalamazoo. Richland is a small little village. I suppose the village may have been looking to make some bucks stopping Kalamazoo/Portage folks on their way out to Gull Lake. I always wore my seatbelt on that trip as a kid because my parents required it (and even had seatbelts installed in the backseat before they were always standard).

The coffee clatch group would have also been mad when their freedom was also lost after smoking was no longer allowed indoors at places like restaurants. Apparently has not hurt business. While it may be a different restaurant, there still is a breakfast/lunch cafe in the same place as the video was taken.
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

BLITZER: But when he lies about something and you know it’s a lie, shouldn’t you speak up?

RISCH: That’s your job.

BLITZER: But that’s your job. You’re a United States senator. You’re a co-equal branch of the United States government.

RISCH: Wolf, if I went around criticizing a statement that was made by the President or any one of my fellow senators or any one of the congressmen up here or people in Idaho who hold public office and I stood up and talked every time they talked and said I don’t like this, I don’t like that, I’m criticizing – I’d be busy all day long.
I guess he was pretty OK with tfg.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Woopsie.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hints of zeke! He visited Sept 11.

Zeke!?? Speak up please. :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:10 pm Hints of zeke! He visited Sept 11.

Zeke!?? Speak up please. :bighug:
Zeke, we miss you and your cogent commentary. :kiss:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Kinda sad, she didn’t go off on Birthers.

Got everyone else though.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I hate when this happens

My sister has gone to Belize (the real one, not the one near Hahvahd) for R&R. She’s staying at Francis Ford Coppola’s resort. She is the only one there right now, the season having ended, and they upgraded her to the honeymoon wing. :lol: She has a private infinity pool, an outdoor shower, and private hot tub. Also a hammock in her room.

Sprout and I are sharing house sitting. He and his gf took the first watch and the mr and I came out this evening, to stay until Monday. She lives in Hermosa Beach, a nice community with perfect weather and lots to do.

So of course I had to screw things up.

As i was putting the vacuum away, at home, I tripped over…something. OF course I didn’t let go of the hose right away, that would have been the smart thing to do, so down I went like a stack of traffic cones. Before my knees hit the ceramic tile I threw the hose out and reached for the sofa arm to break my fall. How weird to watch yourself fall in slow-mo…as my right arm went up and back I thought, “oh, it’s not supposed to do that” and then a howl and then “OW” about 50 times. Except for the animals, I was home alone. Floyd climbed on top of me and started licking my shoulder and peering into my face, and the cats came over to observe. I was sweaty and shaky and on the verge of passing out, so i just sat there and breathed for a minute or two, working the arm around until I think I put it back in place.

Thirty minutes later I tested it and put it out again, which is where it is now, kind of dangling limply. My body said sleep so I did for a couple of hours then drove to Hermosa. Pain level is about a 3 unless i move it wrong when it cranks up to 11.

Dumb dumb dumb. Ow.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dang! :shock:

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I hope you’re feeling better very soon!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 am I hate when this happens

My sister has gone to Belize (the real one, not the one near Hahvahd) for R&R. She’s staying at Francis Ford Coppola’s resort. She is the only one there right now, the season having ended, and they upgraded her to the honeymoon wing. :lol: She has a private infinity pool, an outdoor shower, and private hot tub. Also a hammock in her room.

Sprout and I are sharing house sitting. He and his gf took the first watch and the mr and I came out this evening, to stay until Monday. She lives in Hermosa Beach, a nice community with perfect weather and lots to do.

As i was putting the vacuum away, at home, I tripped over…something. OF course I didn’t let go of the hose right away, that would have been the smart thing to do, so down I went like a stack of traffic cones. Before my knees hit the ceramic tile I threw the hose out and reached for the sofa arm to break my fall. How weird to watch yourself fall in slow-mo…as my right arm went up and back I thought, “oh, it’s not supposed to do that” and then a howl and then “OW” about 50 times. Except for the animals, I was home alone. Floyd climbed on top of me and started licking my shoulder and peering into my face, and the cats came over to observe. I was sweaty and shaky and on the verge of passing out, so i just sat there and breathed for a minute or two, working the arm around until I think I put it back in place.

Thirty minutes later I tested it and put it out again, which is where it is now, kind of dangling limply. My body said sleep so I did for a couple of hours then drove to Hermosa. Pain level is about a 3 unless i move it wrong when it cranks up to 11.

Dumb dumb dumb. Ow.
The cats weren't there to observe. They were there to check if you were dead yet and thus unable to feed them on time.

(Feel better!)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:rotflmao:
Thanks, sugar, I do feel better now.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Falls can be scary. Glad you are okay. I had one of those slow-motion falls recently. It really is weird, and it was not really much of a fall, and I didn't get hurt at all.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:57 am Falls can be scary. Glad you are okay. I had one of those slow motion falls recently. It really is weird, and it was not really much of a fall, and I didn't get hurt at all.
:yeahthat: I hate that you are feeling pain, but glad you didn't break anything! :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Ya think?
https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme ... yes-2021-9
Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett admitted that the Supreme Court is crumbling as an institution.

Earlier this month, the newest justice gave a speech lamenting how the Court is viewed as partisan and warning that her fellow justices must be "hyper vigilant to make sure they're not letting personal biases creep into their decisions." She must know something we don't.

These remarks may seem like a surprise. After all, Barrett was confirmed to the Court in a hyper-partisan process and gave the aforementioned speech at an event celebrating Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the architect of the judicial system's rightward turn. Despite the hypocrisy, or perhaps because of it, the comments struck a chord.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:11 am I hate when this happens

Dumb dumb dumb. Ow.
castigat ridendo mores.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Flatpoint High wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:26 pm Ya think?
https://www.businessinsider.com/supreme ... yes-2021-9
Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett admitted that the Supreme Court is crumbling as an institution.

Earlier this month, the newest justice gave a speech lamenting how the Court is viewed as partisan and warning that her fellow justices must be "hyper vigilant to make sure they're not letting personal biases creep into their decisions." She must know something we don't.

These remarks may seem like a surprise. After all, Barrett was confirmed to the Court in a hyper-partisan process and gave the aforementioned speech at an event celebrating Sen. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, the architect of the judicial system's rightward turn. Despite the hypocrisy, or perhaps because of it, the comments struck a chord.
I think that part of the problem is that both the right and the left attack the court relentlessly when a controversial ruling is handed down. Neither side seems to want to accept that a decision against their interest is anything but a sellout to the other side, or worse, treason. These attacks have the effect of eroding public confidence in the Court.

I remember Sandra Day O'Connor lamenting this, in an interview given shortly after she retired in 2006 and felt free to discuss the court. So, this "crumbling" is nothing new. I remember, as a kid, back in the sixties, seeing billboards and yard signs saying "Impeach Earl Warren", after SCOTUS began actually forcing states to abide by Brown v. Board of Education, and other civil-rights rulings. This was when court-ordered bussing began as a tool to end school segregation.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Spouse of a Supreme Court Justice:
Thomas is indeed a well-known right-wing organizer and conspiracy theorist. She provided Trump with several memos outlining what she believed to be government officials unfaithful to Trump, lobbied successfully for appointments of Trump loyalists to government posts, and along with other activists met with him in 2019 to discuss “appointments … that they accused the president’s aides of blocking,” for example. In 2016 — as Snopes reported in an October 2020 investigation, she was also part of efforts to promote false talking points regarding illegal voting by immigrants in the 2016 election.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Now, I am no fan of Breitbart, but this article is hilarious. Copypasta the deliberately broken link to prevent clicks https://www.breitbart. com/entertainment/2021/09/10/nolte-howard-stern-proves-democrats-want-unvaccinated-trump-voters-dead/
castigat ridendo mores.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:53 am Now, I am no fan of Breitbart, but this article is hilarious. Copypasta the deliberately broken link to prevent clicks https://www.breitbart. com/entertainment/2021/09/10/nolte-howard-stern-proves-democrats-want-unvaccinated-trump-voters-dead/
Definitely an echo chamber in there.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Follow up explanation of tax agents visit.

the tax inspectors visit

Return to “General Stuff”