Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by northland10 »

Must be the storm that blew through here last night. I would have slept through it but the TV was still on and I was awaking by the emergency alert for the severe thunderstorm warning. The run-up sounded like it was a once in the decade world is coming to an end storm and it looks like Wisconsin got hit me but nothing like the 2011 one where 850,000 lost power.

We may have less trees causing issues in my neck of the woods because a bunch were knocked over in storms over the last 10 years and others were taken out because of the emerald ash beetle. ComEd may have also done better maintenance on their equipment (hahahaha.. okay, maybe not).
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They apparently had two tornadoes in Eastern Ohio, close to the PA line. We got very little, but there were a lot of people who not so lucky, west, north, south, and east of Pittsburgh. Weird.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

After an old, old (80) friend reached out to a few of us other old friends for a comfortable place to stay while he decided his next step, I offered. His response? Well, fuck him.

"Ya know, Vicki, I truly appreciate the sincerity of your offer.

It's just not possible for me to share the roof with a woman in a platonic relationship for more than a few days, and I clearly remember all the times you told me about your libidinous situation."

He can rot on his boat in a fetid swamp in Florida
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:29 am After an old, old (80) friend reached out to a few of us other old friends for a comfortable place to stay while he decided his next step, I offered. His response? Well, fuck him.

It's just not possible for me to share the roof with a woman in a platonic relationship for more than a few days, and I clearly remember all the times you told me about your libidinous situation."

:shock:

I am truly speechless.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:40 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:29 am After an old, old (80) friend reached out to a few of us other old friends for a comfortable place to stay while he decided his next step, I offered. His response? Well, fuck him.

:shock:

I am truly speechless.
By the way, he was being facetious. I told him I had no intentions of an intimate or romantic relationship ever again. I am quite happy being alone and not having sexual relationship. He is a lecherous asshole.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Asking for help from someone you have no intention of accepting it from is akin to asking a question and then arguing with the answer.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:29 am Estiveoshot_20210729_212542.jpg

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/ ... ssion=true
Aggravated arson carries a 25-year max under the UCMJ. Dude’s lucky no one died. The maximum punishment for willfully hazarding a vessel is death.

It’ll be interesting to see how the Navy treats this guy compared to folks accused of negligent hazarding a few years back (the McCain and that other ship).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: Wait for it...

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Wow!!!! Cooooooooolllll! Loved the "Pirates" theme music.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Wow! Not to mention, lucky. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Now that's pretty impressive. I've seen lots of trick pool shots, but this is the first trick golf shot I've seen!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

moar uselessness on the border wall
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: the 11'-8" bridge continues to devour trucks, the most recent munching of a roof

On July 29, a rental box truck pulled off a proper roof removal from a stand-still at the red traffic light. The driver ignored low-clearance signage at 3 preceding intersections and a large flashing warning sign "OVERHEIGHT - MUST TURN" while standing at a red traffic light for a minute, only to floor it when the light tuned green and have the roof shaved clear off his truck.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:12 pm :lol: the 11'-8" bridge continues to devour trucks, the most recent munching of a roof

On July 29, a rental box truck pulled off a proper roof removal from a stand-still at the red traffic light. The driver ignored low-clearance signage at 3 preceding intersections and a large flashing warning sign "OVERHEIGHT - MUST TURN" while standing at a red traffic light for a minute, only to floor it when the light tuned green and have the roof shaved clear off his truck.
This is one of my favorite 11 Foot 8 Bridge videos. Two in one morning, when the second one hits there’s a wrecker still there with the first one.

62D564E9-8EFB-43E6-B5D5-B7DBE064AC83.jpeg
62D564E9-8EFB-43E6-B5D5-B7DBE064AC83.jpeg (241.87 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

3BC65262-F562-413C-8471-3AA0C3124BCE.png
3BC65262-F562-413C-8471-3AA0C3124BCE.png (177.12 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Fish with 'human' teeth caught in North Carolina”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58105044

Good photos.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I just noticed this on an article I was reading on the Washington Post site:
WP gift.JPG
WP gift.JPG (46.13 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
If you click on the little gift icon, the popup (shown) appears. More info is at the "learn more" page:
https://helpcenter.washingtonpost.com/h ... t-Articles

The "gift" is valid for 14 days and there is no limit to how many clicks it will get. A subscriber can gift up to 10 articles per calendar month. From the way I read it, I could "gift" the article then post the link here, and anyone should have access to it for 14 days.

So, for anyone who wants access to an WAPO article but has hit their freebie limit, if you PM me with the link I am willing to gift the article until I reach maybe 8 for the month.

I mostly follow political stories on WAPO - except during the Olympics! - and this site is the only place I would probably need to share the articles.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Just FYI, anyone in the state of VA will not find any corn sweeter than that from Sneed’s farm. Just now had my first of the season and OMFSG! Just add butter and salt :lovestruck:

https://www.sneadsfarm.com
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Had my first corn yesterday, also from a local farm. Yum!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:57 pm Had my first corn yesterday, also from a local farm. Yum!
:thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Here comes the boss

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Going to be some worried people…

“Apple to scan iPhones for child sex abuse images”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58109748
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “General Stuff”