Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Dogs!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MrC -

Mille should apply for membership in the Imperial Illuminati Air Force. See Gregg and Let. Root Beer for details. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 am At a camp I was with, there was a black lab that hung out there. He would like to play fetch but it was always a short game. You would through the stick, he would go after it, and then sit down and chew the stick for a while. He never came back with the stick.
We had a Golden who was worse. You throw a ball, Corey would run after it, find it, turn to face us, lift his leg and pee on the ball, and come back proudly without it. :roll:

Sweetest dog; not the brightest. :lovestruck:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

roadscholar wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:59 pm
northland10 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:06 am At a camp I was with, there was a black lab that hung out there. He would like to play fetch but it was always a short game. You would through the stick, he would go after it, and then sit down and chew the stick for a while. He never came back with the stick.
We had a Golden who was worse. You throw a ball, Corey would run after it, find it, turn to face us, lift his leg and pee on the ball, and come back proudly without it. :roll:

Sweetest dog; not the brightest. :lovestruck:
:rotflmao:

My Maggie was the sweetest doggie ever. And all she wanted to do was to please everyone. One time I bought her one of those tug of war toys. You can guess how that turned out. As soon as you pull on it, she thinks you want it and would let go and then look at your with love in her eyes and her tail wagging. Too cute.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Floyd the pug is a smart little rapscallion. When we first started playing fetch he’d always bring it back.

One day it occurred to him as he was prancing back to me, swinging Ratty by the tail, that maybe, just maybe, he didn’t need to come all the way back. He slowed, gave me momentary side-eye, then whirled and raced away down the hall, tossing Ratty enticingly and looking back at me over his shoulder.

It only took that once. I got up, walked away. He knows now, if he does that I will quit. But he loves to tease.

Now he’ll stop just out of my reach and swing Ratty around, staying just out of reach then moving in so I can grab the tail. We tug of war a bit then some more fetch. Sometimes he lets me win. 😊
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:18 pm Floyd the pug is a smart little rapscallion. When we first started playing fetch he’d always bring it back.

One day it occurred to him as he was prancing back to me, swinging Ratty by the tail, that maybe, just maybe, he didn’t need to come all the way back. He slowed, gave me momentary side-eye, then whirled and raced away down the hall, tossing Ratty enticingly and looking back at me over his shoulder.

It only took that once. I got up, walked away. He knows now, if he does that I will quit. But he loves to tease.

Now he’ll stop just out of my reach and swing Ratty around, staying just out of reach then moving in so I can grab the tail. We tug of war a bit then some more fetch. Sometimes he lets me win. 😊
:lol: Floyd sounds like a real character. Doggies are so great.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

His Illuminated Majesty wants YOU for the Imperial Illuminati Air Force's famed 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment

Protecting us from Squirrelers since 2003!
MisterC wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:03 pm Allow me to introduce Mille. Much as I'd love to claim her as my own, she does in fact belong to my mom and her husband - as much as one can claim to own such an independent spirit :lol:

She's a just about 3 years old, miniature wirehaired, and the runt of her litter, so she's a svelte 7 pounds. And of course, being a dachshund, she believes her size to be inverse proportional to her actual size, so she likes to imagine she's the size of a Great Dane :mrgreen:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MisterC

Post by MisterC »

Squirrelers might be a bit too much on the 'sm0l and dangerous' side for Mille to handle, but she has no hesitancy about going after the local roe deer around where they live :lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
Gregg, I just noticed your signature quote. Made me laugh out loud. :rotflmao:
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:thumbsup:

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Here's a little stinker! :lol:

--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

Pearl's a sweetie! She knows what she likes and how to play her mama! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The regiment out on the perimeter at Der Dachshundbünker today. The Imperial Illuminati Air Force is an international organization and we currently fly the CanadianMaple Leaf Flag in our rotation. :)

Tiredretiredlawyer

Der bunker looks well protected. :biggrin:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Another day safe from Mail Carriers, UPS drivers and squirrellers.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck: :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Old cowboy, our family rescue dog began dropping horrible yellow, red streaked saliva last week and it smelled horrible! The soonest local vet could get him in was next week. We took our beloved Cowboy to an emergency vet yesterday. I was fearing some terrible dental issues. But it turns out he has some awful sores in his mouth that the vet said looks like burns inside his mouth!

His temp was 104°. The vet asked if he had been dragging hot sticks from a firepit. Nope.

He got a massive washout of his mouth and a brutal injection of antibiotics. Hos bloodwork was negative for anything. Just the mouth stuff.

So, consldering he is always with me, he never leaves the yard and he never has interaction with other critters, it seemed mysterious to me. Then, to night, I noticed him nibbling on yard and garden greens. I think hes been nipping on something that caused this.

We see the vet for follow-up this coming Wednesday. Any thoughts or experiences?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Poison Ivy or the canine thing that is like poison ivy to dogs?

insomnia

Post by insomnia »

It might be giant hogweed. It's spreading in Ohio and the sap can cause serious burns.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Thank you both. I will get a plant person over here this weekend to scout what is growing. And keep a close watch on.his nibbling habits.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao: That's one way to do it!

--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

My poor doggo has Cushing’s Disease and is costing me a small fortune every two weeks in testing while determining her treatment regimen. So instead I’ll enjoy this good doggo!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Stuff”