Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

sugar magnolia

Re: Dogs!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Brave or stupid. I'm never sure with dogs.
Liz

Post by Liz »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:22 pm Brave or stupid. I'm never sure with dogs.
Lucky... the first bear grabbed him, then dropped him like a hot potato.
I was wondering if those two bears were instilled with a lifetime fear of small yippy dogs.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You’re right. That would be a good thing. 😊

Those are cubs. I think the dog bit it on the pad when the cub grabbed him?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Chili Dog and Root Beer are not happy that I have missed this thread and not posted their picture.

As if you all haven't seen the Regiment before.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:rotflmao:

My dog yelps and freaks out if you accidentally sprinkle him with water while you’re watering the plants. No way would he voluntarily jump in a fountain!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dusty in my house all the sudden

--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:33 pm :rotflmao:

My dog yelps and freaks out if you accidentally sprinkle him with water while you’re watering the plants. No way would he voluntarily jump in a fountain!
Was your dog a cat in a previous life?
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:39 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:33 pm :rotflmao:

Sometimes I wonder. We have dogs in our extended family - labs and a golden doodle - and they love to swim in the pond. Our dog stands on the shore and whines. He wants to join in, but he’s afraid of the water. He can swim, he just won’t. **

** I should add, that’s how his younger self was. Now he’s old and blind and mostly deaf, and we wouldn’t let him get in the water even if he suddenly showed an interest.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:14 pm
northland10 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:39 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:33 pm My dog yelps and freaks out if you accidentally sprinkle him with water while you’re watering the plants. No way would he voluntarily jump in a fountain!
Sometimes I wonder. We have dogs in our extended family - labs and a golden doodle - and they love to swim in the pond. Our dog stands on the shore and whines. He wants to join in, but he’s afraid of the water. He can swim, he just won’t. **
If he was a cat in a previous life, maybe he was not a good one. Coming back as a dog would be, to a cat, a serious drop in stature. Come to think of it, coming back as anything but a cat would be a demotion in a cat's eyes.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... c5OTA0NgS2
Dog owners might not be too impressed when they’re able to point out a fallen piece of chicken or a thrown stick to their pooch, but dogs’ ability to follow that seemingly simple gesture places them in rare air in the animal kingdom. Some research suggests that even chimpanzees, our closest evolutionary relatives, don’t understand pointing as well as dogs.

For decades, researchers have debated whether dogs obtain their ability to understand pointing by spending time with humans and learning it or if our furry companions are born with a capacity to comprehend this deceptively complex feat of communication.

Now, a new study, published today in the journal Current Biology, finds that even 8-week-old puppies with little exposure to humans can understand pointing and show sophisticated levels of social cognition in other tests. On top of that, the study found that each fluffball’s genetic makeup was a strong predictor of its ability to follow a pointed finger to a hidden treat as well as the pup’s tendency to pay attention to human faces.

Emily E. Bray, a psychologist studying animal behavior at the University of Arizona and lead author of the study, says that these feats of canine cognition are about as genetically based, or heritable, as human intelligence. "This all suggests that dogs are biologically prepared for communication with humans," she says.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

A66259CE-30CA-444F-BEA1-0ADD69A684A1.jpeg
A66259CE-30CA-444F-BEA1-0ADD69A684A1.jpeg (480.59 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So...no picture for you yet since I have to figure out how to make it small enough to post here (sigh), but the boss got a puppy, a golden retriever. He gets to come to work and hang out with the boss (and the rest of his adoring fans). He's pretty cute, but growing so he sleeps a lot. We had an interesting day today, first up was a heaping #2 right in the middle of the main office (thank goodness C had the day off, that wouldn't have gone well). He loves the red laser dot, which annoys the boss because it's supposed to be a cat thing.

There's a door to an storage room off my office that works like a mirror in the lights are off in that room. Puppy discovered that mirror and tried to nose boop his reflection. He was doing more exploring after nap time and wandered into the bathroom and discovered TOILET PAPER!! :whistle:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

good that the covid scare is nearly over ;)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Very happy and very speedy dog.

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:02 pm He loves the red laser dot, which annoys the boss because it's supposed to be a cat thing.

There's a door to an storage room off my office that works like a mirror in the lights are off in that room. Puppy discovered that mirror and tried to nose boop his reflection.
Just an FYI about laser pointers and dogs: https://dogpsychology101.com/laser-poin ... rome-dogs/

For those who don't want to read the link--there is a very real possibility of obsessive compulsive disorder which can be triggered by laser pointers in some dogs.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com
Big-winning whippet, Pekingese face off at Westminster show

The Westminster Kennel Club dog show finals are shaping up to be a clash of canine titans.

One is Bourbon the whippet, the prestigious show's runner-up last year and the winner of the huge American Kennel Club National Championship show in December. Another is Wasabi the Pekingese, the AKC show's 2019 winner and the grandson of Westminster's 2012 best in show.

Both trotted Saturday to slots Sunday's final ring, as did Mathew, a French bulldog that happens to live with Bourbon, and Connor, an old English sheepdog. Three more finalists will be selected Sunday night, when they all vie for best in show.

For Bourbon, the honor comes three months after having her first litter of puppies.

Another participant is pictured below.
ratio3x2_1600.jpg
ratio3x2_1600.jpg (139.51 KiB) Viewed 1812 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Azastan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:13 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:02 pm He loves the red laser dot, which annoys the boss because it's supposed to be a cat thing.

There's a door to an storage room off my office that works like a mirror in the lights are off in that room. Puppy discovered that mirror and tried to nose boop his reflection.
Just an FYI about laser pointers and dogs: https://dogpsychology101.com/laser-poin ... rome-dogs/

For those who don't want to read the link--there is a very real possibility of obsessive compulsive disorder which can be triggered by laser pointers in some dogs.
TY.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Well, well, well. Last year I caught our old shelter dog eating all the leaves off sunflower plants. This year, I planted my.giant pumpkin seeds as part of a contest. I just came out and was watering and looked over to catch him eating the leaves off one of the best starter! Down to the ground. I had place wire cages over the ones not in pots, but he pushed one off and munched away.

So this could be "Gardening' or "Dogs". Hes an old Black-Mouth Curr/Pitbull rescue and I love him more than pumpkins.
Attachments
197863576_4355212544491288_1568663869915893507_n.jpg
197863576_4355212544491288_1568663869915893507_n.jpg (341.81 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

Return to “General Stuff”