Colorado Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Stephen Nalty, Steven Byfield, et al.

Fallen Rocks

Re: Colorado Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Stephen Nalty, Steven Byfield, et al.

Post by Fallen Rocks »

It seems that the program is now out, at least in pod cast version. It can be found through snapjudgement.org.

My brother called me earlier to day to tell me that he had been listening to it after finding this out somehow (the producers never got back to me when I asked about its public availability time). He had heard the first half of the show and said that it seemed really good to that point. No report on the second half.

I'll listen to it "live" on the radio broadcast tomorrow (Saturday) at 1pm on our local NPR talk/ news radio station.

Fallen
scirreeve

Re: Colorado Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Stephen Nalty, Steven Byfield, et al.

Post by scirreeve »

Thanks Fallen - I'll try to listen to it this weekend. Ammo has been reminiscing about his glory days. Posted some pics via JP. I know we have seen these before but enjoy again.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fallen Rocks

Post by Fallen Rocks »

Hmmm,

I guess the story probably did not deserve an announcement here after all. It was a bit off topic it seems. Even though we spent many hours discussing Curry and his SovCit stuff, all of that was completely left out, unfortunately (though Snap judgment does have a link to the Verge article that goes into that a little bit).

Overall, the story turned out better than I had expected. It seems that Shaina was paying a bit more attention than she let on (one of the questions she asked me when visiting was “why are you so obsessed with meteorites that the walls of your office are covered with meteorite maps and such?” Well, I am not. The truth is that I do have a couple meteorite related things on the wall but the vast majority of the things hanging in my office are related to mountains and mountain climbing – something she did get right in the aired story).

There are a few things I’d certainly change or clarify though. One is I never called my parents “mean”. What (very) little was discussed about them was only concerning my mother and that she was an extremely negative and difficult person (often verbally and emotionally abusive but not physically so). I would have gone with “his parent(s) were often difficult”.

The “wheels up you own the ride” thing came from my flying a hang-glider trike ultra-light. You can be as careful as possible (even looking at weather sites and calling pilot briefing) but you still occasionally find you have jumped up into some pretty bad air (in fact, the closest I ever came to seriously crashing the thing was when it was sunny, clam and beautiful here locally. I had failed to notice the thunderstorm over the mountains some 60 miles to the south and failed to consider the fact that, though it feels like wide open spaces, this is really a mile deep canyon with nowhere for wind to escape. Yep, I ran head on into a gust front that that thunderstorm had dumped out around an hour earlier. Truly my most frightening ride thus far and ,God willing, ever). Without the flying/ ultralight part the statement is a bit confusing (though I guess you also own the ride if you do manage to get your wheels off of the ground in a car or on a motorcycle as well).

Though talking about the moon, the story had me quoting distances to Mars. I do know that the moon is far, far closer than 35 million miles at closest approach.

I am disappointed that they didn’t finish what I had to say concerning the hairdresser that was given a supposed Lunar meteorite supposedly worth around $65,000. The story made it seem like Curry was simply a kind/ giving person doing this kind of thing. Well, the reason the girl was crying was because she and her family went out and spent a bunch of money they didn’t really have assuming that this “small lotto win” was going to cover it for them. In other words this “kindly” giving of these things could and did lead to some unkind results.

Overall though, this was certainly one of my better brushes with media types.

Fallen
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

A bit of an update (and a reminder since I posted some of it earlier).

In New Mexico where he has a probation revocation pending, his public defender filed an unopposed motion to withdraw on January 13. There is a motion hearing on February 12.

Hopefully his presence will not be needed since he has a status conference scheduled in Denver on February 13 and is currently being held in the Denver County Jail.

His Colorado trail is scheduled for February 24 to March 2.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Northland10 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:23 pm A bit of an update (and a reminder since I posted some of it earlier).

In New Mexico where he has a probation revocation pending, his public defender filed an unopposed motion to withdraw on January 13. There is a motion hearing on February 12.

Hopefully his presence will not be needed since he has a status conference scheduled in Denver on February 13 and is currently being held in the Denver County Jail.

They probably figure he is Colorado's problem now. Since I suspect he will go to jail a lot longer there than he would in NM.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Northland10 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:23 pm Hopefully his presence will not be needed since he has a status conference scheduled in Denver on February 13 and is currently being held in the Denver County Jail.

I just checked and noticed that Curry is no longer in the Denver County jail per the inmate locator. I didn't check neighboring counties (Jefferson, Arapahoe, etc.) to see if he got shuffled around to rule out some sort of release due to COVID-19 concerns -- I'm sure he's in a high risk group, though he's certainly a flight risk.

There is a status conference scheduled at 8:00 Tuesday morning, June 9. I'm sure his trial was postponed due to COVID-19. As I recall, all the good stuff from court filings is Lexis/Nexis, and I'm not going to pay their rates to get this (Pacer charges are a rounding error compared to what Lexis/Nexis get), so I can't see trial date, etc. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of the Colorado courts could dig a bit deeper.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:38 pm I just checked and noticed that Curry is no longer in the Denver County jail per the inmate locator. I didn't check neighboring counties (Jefferson, Arapahoe, etc.) to see if he got shuffled around to rule out some sort of release due to COVID-19 concerns -- I'm sure he's in a high risk group, though he's certainly a flight risk.

There is a status conference scheduled at 8:00 Tuesday morning, June 9. I'm sure his trial was postponed due to COVID-19. As I recall, all the good stuff from court filings is Lexis/Nexis, and I'm not going to pay their rates to get this (Pacer charges are a rounding error compared to what Lexis/Nexis get), so I can't see trial date, etc. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of the Colorado courts could dig a bit deeper.
He did have a probation revocation hearing (telephonic) in Otero County, NM back in May. It appears his probation was restored. Interestingly, I noticed on the so wonderfully helpful Colorado Court site :sarcasm: , that there is a Steven Curry who has a citation hearing on 1 July this year. Since that is where he is from, I suspect it is him.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”