Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Internet and Privacy

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Internet and Privacy

Post by RTH10260 »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
John Thomas8

Re: Internet and Privacy

Post by John Thomas8 »

The idea of the Internet: interconnecting people, free exchange of ideas and access to information, is fantastic.

The actual implementation of the Internet: crass marketing machine, echo-chamber reinforcing bad ideas and relentless misinformation, is the direct result of capitalism: profits before people (the driving engine of capitalism regardless of what they say).

Everything decent gets monetized, degrading everything to the lowest common level that ensures that money gets spent.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I believe that's overly pessimistic, and I have waded in the cesspool of insane Intarwebz users for several hundred years already.

You're right that the technology is horribly abused in new and exciting ways every dang day.

But the best of humanity is on the Internet, too. Maybe we need to make more of a conscious effort to find those people.

This site right here is an oasis of sanity in a world of cray-cray. It proves my point. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 am
This site right here is an oasis of sanity in a world of cray-cray. It proves my point. :smoking:
Can't really argue with that, with the minor exception that I'm not a criminal for owning an "AR style" firearm. Otherwise this most certainly is a safe harbor containing sanity where little is found any where else.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”