Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Clever.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Cleve

Post by Phoenix520 »

bill_g wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 am What’s that word, when you’ve just learned something and it blows your mind and then you see it everywhere, when you didn’t even know it existed before? Surely there’s a word for that.
Epiphany
Close. It uses a few of the same letters… :P
Baader-Meinhof phenomenon is the technical term. It’s stupid though. No wonder I can’t remember it ( sorry, Messrs Baader and Meinhof).
BaadMein
Baader
BaMe
Does not lend itself to easy memes.
Can anyone portmanteau this? Can I use portmanteau as a verb? :confuzzled: :notlistening:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Another weird, run-in ridiculous bs topic that no o e can search for and is rendered irrelevant but I think is Cleve

Post by northland10 »

I don't understand long overly descriptive titles, but I really don't care.

And, as for searching, just saying.
search topic example.jpg
search topic example.jpg (117.79 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:00 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 am What’s that word, when you’ve just learned something and it blows your mind and then you see it everywhere, when you didn’t even know it existed before? Surely there’s a word for that.
Epiphany
Close. It uses a few of the same letters… :P
Baader-Meinhof phenomenon is the technical term. It’s stupid though. No wonder I can’t remember it ( sorry, Messrs Baader and Meinhof).
BaadMein
Baader
BaMe
Does not lend itself to easy memes.
Can anyone portmanteau this? Can I use portmanteau as a verb? :confuzzled: :notlistening:
Frequency Illusion
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sorry, p0rtia, that’s not much better! :lol: :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:22 pm Sorry, p0rtia, that’s not much better! :lol: :lol:
Google it. :dance:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I know, but I’m looking for a pithy mnemonic :roll:

I’m incorrigible!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Of all my great thread titles, I think only a few are five words or less. The only one I can remember was "Know your dope." it was about the cops in Texas (where else :roll:) who thought they found a huge amount of marijuana planted in a city park, and they had warrants and dug it all up and made a big thing about it before they eventually realized it was horse mint or something.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I think the problem with some of the ridiculously long titles that are annoying, as opposed to the ridiculously long titles that aren't, is the overall ability to quickly identify exactly WTF the thread is about.

For example, with #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett
or with Mike Lindell's Frank & MyStore & 'Cyber Symposium' & Other #FAILS - FrankSpeech you know at first glance what they're about, plus they have other useful, searchable, items in it.

However, with Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban, while a search for Matt Gaetz will bring it up, if you're scrolling looking for it, it doesn't jump out at you. You don't need the Matthew or the Louis, they just get in the way.

Same with Sharon Bess Hanjian Wirth Rondeau's The Post & Email - Rated F "Questionable Source". Nobody's searching on Bess, Hanjian, or Wirth, but there they are to slow down anyone doing a quick scroll.

So really, I don't think it's about title length so much as it is about readability, and let's face it, some of these titles are just the dogs' breakfast.
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Gee... Fogbowers have strong opinions. Who would have guessed.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Everyone has different styles - I like that. Long titles do not bother me at all but I especially appreciate the snarky ones. I guess this might be a reaction to my Joshua Martinez title but not sure (and doesn't matter). If I just make a new topic named Joshua Martinez I assume that most don't know who the hell he is. If I add words like sovcit, Bundy,1A auditor then folks interested in those topics now have more info and might want to read it.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Nah, some of us have been bitching about thread titles for weeks. Your Joshua Martinez title is, to me, easily readable & not annoying.
Image Image Image Image
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

This thread title is flirting with floccinaucinihilipilificationism.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I'm guessing that some here were none to impressed with my "Marjorie Taylor-Greene R-Deliverance Country" title... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You can ALWAYS count on the Doggos Fogbow to discuss serious matters thoroughly. :biggrin:
Edit: Autocorrect is determined FOGBOW is DOGGOS.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:49 pm I'm guessing that some here were none to impressed with my "Marjorie Taylor-Greene R-Deliverance Country" title... :bag:
It's obvious you "tried to capture the spirit of the thing."

Name the movie (no fair googling)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

qbawl wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:58 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:49 pm I'm guessing that some here were none to impressed with my "Marjorie Taylor-Greene R-Deliverance Country" title... :bag:

Ishtar....????? :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 pm
qbawl wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:58 pm

Ishtar....????? :think:
Slap Shot, Paul Neuman's greatest film!
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Nah, it works, because the first thing you see is her name. It's readable, scrollable, and searchable.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We also had a discussion one night about how EmptyG’s district IS deliverance country, connecting those dots.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Indian Ranch in Webster MA - Lake whatever it is in Scottish.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

mojosapien wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:16 am Indian Ranch in Webster MA - Lake whatever it is in Welsh
mojosapien
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Clever-made collapasble bin that fell apart on me. Thanks, Lowe's.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”