Sheriff Glenn Palmer - the King of Grant County

SueDB

Sheriff Glenn Palmer - the King of Grant County

Post by SueDB » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:40 pm

NBC News and other national news are picking up On IT.
Embattled Sheriff Glenn Palmer, Linked to Oregon Occupiers, Under Scrutiny
by ERIK ORTIZ
Glenn Palmer, the longtime sheriff of a rural Oregon county, was preparing to speak at a town hall with protesters who had been occupying a nearby federal wildlife refuge when word trickled through the crowd that something was wrong.

The news traveled fast: While en route to the meeting from the sanctuary, the protesters were stopped by state troopers and the FBI on a deserted stretch of highway. Authorities opened fire after one of the armed occupiers ran from a vehicle, fatally wounding him. It was the most dramatic moment of the 41-day occupation.

"There was sadness. There was shock. There was disbelief," said Jim Sproul, one of the more than 400 residents who packed the Jan. 26 meeting in the town of John Day.

Sproul said some residents looked to Palmer, a 54-year-old law enforcement veteran, because "if there was a threat to citizens of Grant County, he wanted to be there and know about it."
MOAR
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

orpiment

Re: Sheriff Glenn Palmer - Soon to Be Ex-Sheriff Palmer???

Post by orpiment » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 am

Seemed to be the most relevant place for this:
Les Zaitz
8 hrs ·
In 40+ years of reporting in Oregon, I've tackled powerful interests, dangerous interests and those who can't stand for the truth to get out. That puts me in the crosshairs of sometimes very personal attacks. Not fun, but part of the territory. But tonight, the viciousness of personal attack crossed a new line when supporters of Sheriff Glenn Palmer posted a YouTube video that attacks my wife. The video is ricocheting around social media tonight -- and it was posted to the sheriff's personal website. The video is bad enough, but how did the sheriff react to the video? He complained his name was misspelled and then added: "I often get my fingers moving too fast and spell it the same way......LOL!!!!! It's cool." For the sheriff to condone a personal attack in such a fashion is stunning. That a man who says he defends the rights of all citizens would stand for the attack on someone who is supposed to live under his protection is even worse. But if he wishes to behave so, he can do it in public where all can see.
https://www.facebook.com/les.zaitz?fref=nf
Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long way ~ Chris Lowe

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:10 am

He (Glenn Palmer) posts on FB from his personal account on SovCit threads sometimes I've noticed. FWIW. Nothing inflammatory that I've seen, just posting in inflammatory places with his inflammatory "friends".

ETA: For instance, here he is on SSG Moe:
Deborah Orona I guess I missed the point,... how does this show proof? I mean I never entertained the idea that Sheriff Palmer would have done it. I had studied him as he spoke in video's previous to this incident, as far back as 2013... I see motive by the journalists to slander him, but not proof that sheriff Palmer was at a different roadblock. what did I miss? I'll watch it again.
Like · 12 hrs
Deborah Orona
Deborah Orona Maybe it was 2014. Shasta or Siskiyou County California.
Like · 11 hrs · Edited
Glenn Palmer
Glenn Palmer It's because it has been repeated so many times in the media it became the Gospel........
:snippity:
Glenn Palmer The man in the white shirt and jeans with his hands in his pocket is the District Attorney for Grant County.....not a commissioner.
Like · 6 · 11 hrs
Deborah Orona
Deborah Orona Hi Sheriff! We love you!
Like · 2 · 11 hrs
Louise Yeater
Louise Yeater West Virginia loves you !!!! And we are praying for you !!!!!!! God Bless
Like · 1 · 10 hrs
Jessica Stryker
Jessica Stryker PA loves you and wish we could be there to show support! Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers! Stand strong my friend!
Like · 1 · 9 hrs
Like · 6 · 11 hrs

When I first saw posts I figured it was fake, but I check out the profile and it looks like legit Palmer to me. :thumbs:

E (again) TA: BTW, that is a particularly nasty SSG Moe thread. They are doxxing his wife, son, daughter in there encouraging people to harass them. I've seen them getting doxxed elsewhere, but SSG Moe is way more widely read than anywhere else I've seen.
“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:19 am

BTW, those two have been feuding for awhile now. Here is the SovCit side of the argument, in which they've nicely posted Zaitz's reasonable response. There is a strangely reasonable person in the comments as well, pointing out that Palmer listed publicly those as methods of contact for him.
http://www.westernfreepress.com/2016/02 ... -standoff/

Mockingbird

Post by Mockingbird » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am

Les ZaitzVerified account
‏@LesZaitz
Sheriff Glenn Palmer comments on FB class. ad for 55 gal. drum filled with cement: "If you deliver, I know a reporter that could use this."

:shock:

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:04 pm

From da twattah machine

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:49 am

And he joins the passing the hat crew...
Non Grant County Citizens in Support of Sheriff Glenn Palmer
March 22 at 4:59pm ·
Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer has been the subject of several complaints filed with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association, and other agencies. Sheriff Palmer has hired the attorneys of Hostetter Law Group of Enterprise, Oregon to assist him with these legal matters. Several individuals have expressed interest in helping contribute towards covering Sheriff Palmer’s attorney fees. If you are interested in making a contribution, please review the following information.

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Cross posted from Malheur thread...
Volkonski wrote:'Constitutional’ Oregon Sheriff Under Investigation for Malheur Role Hired 70 ‘Special Deputies’

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... bU.twitter
Palmer has so far refused to explain exactly what kind of arrest and other police powers all these deputies will possess, not to mention where the money to pay for all these positions will be coming from.

An incident involving a U.S. Forest Service ranger on Oct. 15 of last year sparked the initial concern. A fire in the Canyon Meadows area had led USFS officials to shut down the area, and the ranger encountered two men in a vehicle in the critical area, so he pulled them over and prepared to write them tickets for trespassing. At first he was concerned because the men were armed and he radioed in for help from Sheriff Palmer.

However, Palmer – whose long history of antagonistic relations with the Forest Service is the source of hero status among the antigovernment “constitutionalists” – replied that he wanted the ranger to stand down and let the men go, as they were two of his “special deputies.”

A Forest Service official confirmed that the trespassing tickets were not rescinded and the fines were eventually paid.
Palmer is getting a lot of attention. He is sort of a small-time Arpaio. Hope that the OR DOJ can do something about him.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:49 pm

spiduh wrote:And he joins the passing the hat crew...
Non Grant County Citizens in Support of Sheriff Glenn Palmer
March 22 at 4:59pm ·
Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer has been the subject of several complaints filed with the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training, the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association, and other agencies. Sheriff Palmer has hired the attorneys of Hostetter Law Group of Enterprise, Oregon to assist him with these legal matters. Several individuals have expressed interest in helping contribute towards covering Sheriff Palmer’s attorney fees. If you are interested in making a contribution, please review the following information.
Wait a minute - ...doesn't he get free legal from some stupid unconstitutional sheruff coffee klatch???? If not, then what good are they??? Won't the State Sheriff's Association or whatever the equivalent in Oregon cover his legal fees???

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:28 pm

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:46 am

SueDB wrote:
I guess the Pocket Constitution is the most important item while brain washing on the job :lol:

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:09 am

This was in the Oregon thread, but it probably deserves a plug here...
Volkonski wrote:John Schmidt attendance at the hearings and counter protests at the Portland rallies is driving the Bundyites crazy. They seem to think he is after their kids.

Karin Hildebrand ‏@Karimala1 13h13 hours ago
Holy sh*t...Sheriff Palmer advocating citizen's arrest of @uglyportland1 (cc: @leszaitz)
Moar:
John Parker Jr.
March 26 at 9:16pm ·
I broke a bit today. I allowed a counter protester to get to me.
He was playing targeted music, blocking traffic, interfering with the duties of a federal officer with items protected by the 1st Amendment (which I believe are federal crimes?) But he was not shot like others who have been accused of doing those things..
He just suffered angered attention and verbal lashings.
Seriously, I'm embarrassed I allowed myself to give into his provocations..

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:12 am

Malheur thread re-plug (my highlight):
mimi wrote:
Volkonski wrote:Palmer deputizes man awaiting trial on felony theft charges

http://www.bluemountaineagle.com/Local_ ... yEagleNews
On March 1,Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer deputized Roy Peterson, who was set to begin trial March 28 in Grant County Circuit Court on theft charges stemming from the acquisition of equipment for a fire district. However, state prosecutors requested a continuance for a family emergency, and the trial is now scheduled to begin Aug. 22.

The state’s attorney, Senior Assistant Attorney General Daniel P. Wendel, mentioned that Peterson had been deputized at a pretrial conference March 24. Wendel said he wanted an order prohibiting Peterson from arriving to court with a firearm or in uniform.

Peterson’s attorney, D. Zachary Hostetter of Enterprise, said if such a motion were filed, he would want a hearing on the matter, because Peterson was part of the county search and rescue team.

Palmer’s official deputy appointment of Peterson mentions “Search & Rescue” and “Radio Tech/Communications,” though the document also says Peterson is appointed “to do and perform any act which (Palmer) might perform as Sheriff.”

Can you tell whose side Palmer is on?
Palmer said “there was a dispute as to who lawfully owned what equipment and how some of the funding was channeled through the City’s Federal Tax ID number and their (Dun & Bradstreet number).” He said Ryan Joslin, the district attorney at the time, informed the parties the issue was a civil matter.

Palmer’s letter indicated the fire district board believed it rightly owned the equipment, because it was procured with grants in the name of “Monument Rural Fire District.” However, Palmer said “the grantee” — Peterson — obtained the equipment legally and still possessed it.

Palmer also said the equipment was on private property, and there was no probable cause a crime was committed, nor justification for a search warrant.

“As it stands right now ... I do not have enough evidence, nor do I believe I have the authority to intervene in this dispute,” he wrote.

If I understand it, they formed a rural district fire board. Nobody could get along with Peterson. Fights happened. Everybody resigned.

A month later, new board was appointed. New board said, "Hey Peterson, give us the damned fire equipment."

"No."

Or something.
Article comments:
Sophlady • 5 hours ago
The grants would not have been approved if the grantors had known a private individual was going to use them to purchase firefighting equipment and claim it as his personal property. The intent of the grantors - to help prevent out of control fires in a rural area - is clear. Roy Peterson converted property meant to be used for firefighting in Grant County to his own use. That is theft.
• Reply•Share ›
Clint & Tamm Anderson • 13 hours ago
Ok - I can understand a good faith dispute over whether a rural district owns the equipment versus the city/county/ODF districts. However, it is beyond clear that Mr. Peterson does not own it personally and therefore should not have had it in jigs personal possession at all ....... Ever. To title it in his name has no purpose unless it was an attempt to defraud the grantors. The equipment needs to be retained in some location where it is accessible to do its job when needed and being on his private property does not seem like a proper place. This seems awful weird that he is personally trying to assert ownership. There is no way anybody could think the equipment was being given to him - absent any malice. It should have been a civil matter, but escalated to criminal when he tried to take the contested property. But, he is not yet proven guilty so we will see. I have to think an honest person could have settled this administratively though. I am having a hard time giving Mr Peterson much benefit of the doubt. I hope the court process sorts this out fairly.
2 • Reply•Share ›
Vicky Davis • 18 hours ago
This is disappointing. From my point of view, it's conversion. Money given in a grant for a public purpose such as buying equipment for the public purpose buys equipment that belongs to the public. The fact that his name was on the grant application as the grantee - if he did that intentionally - which it seems that he did, was fraud. All of the above predicated upon the accuracy of the reporting of course (which is not a given).

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:52 am

Big Palmer word vomit "article(s)" collection:
http://investmentwatchblog.com/why-sher ... free-zone/
Unhappy with the U.S. Forest Service after a summer of devastating wildfires, Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer has made his own natural resources plan to influence the management of public lands.

Palmer deputized 11 county residents to write and adopt the local plan, though it remains unclear whether they have legal standing to coordinate with the feds.

The move caught county commissioners off guard at a Sept. 30 meeting, where Palmer declined to put his plan on the agenda and instead brought it up during public comment. He said he is invoking coordination through the sheriff’s office, and asked for the commissioners’ support.
From a linked article:
Many of the members are associated with the special interest group Citizens for Public Access, which according to the group’s Facebook page is “dedicated to the retention of all forms of public access in Grant County and Eastern Oregon.” Also, six of the deputies are members of two families — Mike and Elaine Smith are the parents of Todd Smith, and Frances Preston is the sister of Billie Jo George, who is married to Terry George.

The plan the group crafted out of the existing Baker County plan identifies management policies for things like cattle grazing, public access, logging, mining and recreation. “Grant County will not support federal and state agencies on land management decisions when the social and economic impact is not carefully considered,” it reads.

But others argue the plan doesn’t represent the county at all. Former county judge Mark Webb said it appears Palmer didn’t follow the county’s procedures for appointing an advisory committee, nor did the committee follow Oregon’s public meeting laws.

“While I appreciate the sheriff’s desire to invoke coordination status and would encourage the county court to exercise its right to coordination status, the fact remains the sheriff does not have that right,” Webb said.
http://www.eastoregonian.com/eo/local-n ... st-service

This is September/October 2015 BTW.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 am

"...six of the deputies are members of two families.."
Sounds like a RICO act in the making.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 am

Flatpointhigh wrote:
"...six of the deputies are members of two families.."
Sounds like a RICO act in the making.
I don't know the exact family connections here, but Oregon has some fairly strict nepotism rules in regard to hiring. Who knows. Maybe the sane people don't wish to work for Sheriff Palmer and he settles for leftovers.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Be an ass! Vote for Glenn Palmer!

spiduh

Post by spiduh » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Sheriff Palmer responds...
Non Grant County Citizens in Support of Sheriff Glenn Palmer shared The Voice of Grant County's post.
21 hrs ·
From Sheriff Palmer:
"He was deputized to aid and assist me in a Search and Rescue. 1. I deputized him for SAIF and Worker's Comp purposes and looking out for his, the Counties and public's best interest, in the middle of the County Road the morning we went looking for these people. 2. Roy Peterson knows the area around Monument, Oregon like you would know your back yard. Why would I not ask someone and depend and rely on their area of expertise if the mission warranted it? 3. Is the man convicted of some big heinous crime where he should be incarcerated or is a danger to the public? NO.....4. Is the man entitled to Due Process of law? 5. Are you aware of what this man has done for our community and his contributions not only to Grant County but to Wheeler County and beyond? 6. Are you aware of the outcome of this Search and Rescue mission was? One of them was recovering from major back surgery and was unable to walk the 4-5 miles out to the main road. Three men stranded and stuck in the snow over night were recovered and pulled out of the snow and mud by Roy Peterson. There is no one else to my knowledge in that vicinity that had that ability to do what he did to get them back on a solid dry road. 7. Did I do something illegal, immoral, unethical or wrong in seeking assistance and help from someone who I know and trust in aiding and assisting me in this rescue? 8. I could have gone against what was the right thing to do and not deputized Roy Peterson and if he was to have gotten hurt, where would that of gotten me and the County? Most liked sued and rightfully so. 9. I could have kept this all a secret and not done the appropriate paperwork and make this known to the world....HAVING FULL KNOWLEDGE THAT THIS WAS WHAT WAS TO COME......The paper work was done a week later to keep every thing above board and straight. This community relies and depends largely on volunteers and people who expect nothing but a thank you and some appreciation for what they help with. Is this what it has come to now? People that move here from other areas might not know and realize that public resources aren't like it is from larger metro areas where they have full time staff 24/7 and when the call comes in, they have the resources at their finger tips without dealing with or using volunteers? If you are a volunteer and you put your time, money and personal property on the line to help someone else and you see an article such as this, would you be inclined to drop what you are doing and aid the County Sheriff at a moments notice knowing your going to get raked over the coals in the local paper? NUFF SAID!!!!!!!"
ETA:
Carolyn Peterson This man Glenn is speaking about is my husband. He has spent nearly a lifetime of helping people in distress, on his own time, with his own resources and equipment. To the people who would make critical accusations about him and Glenn, you really have no idea what you are talking about! You are basing your assumptions on biased opinion articles which only present some of the truth. Get your heads out of the sand folks, and do your own research, and find out all of the facts before you make yourselves look like fools! I base my thoughts above on the many comments made after the article in the paper which prove ignorance.
Like · Reply · 18 · 21 hrs
ETAA: Sheriff Palmer's flag patch on his uniform shirt has yellow fringe! Oh noes!
Thomas MickI hope he realizes the jurisdiction he's declaring in that picture and changes the patches and flags in his county... That flag patch declares him to be under admiralty jurisdiction, which will make it difficult for many patriots to support him.
Like · Reply · 2 · March 26 at 4:37pm
Gina Marchetti
Gina Marchetti He may not understand the significance. Please write or call to let him know.
Like · Reply · 1 · March 26 at 10:08pm

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Just so y'know, this entire forum is under admiralty jurisdiction.

Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Foggy wrote:Just so y'know, this entire forum is under admiralty jurisdiction.

So I suppose fringe benefits are out of the question, as well?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Well in that case I've got to put this next to my computer screen:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Foggy wrote:Just so y'know, this entire forum is under admiralty jurisdiction.

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:41 pm

In Re Bernstein, 81 F. Supp. 2d 176 (D. Mass. 1999)

U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts - 81 F. Supp. 2d 176 (D. Mass. 1999)
December 28, 1999

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/dis ... 6/2420852/
*177 On the left corner of the bench in the courtroom where this session of the Court sits there rests a replica of the Silver Oar of Admiralty, the historic symbol of this court's admiralty jurisdiction. See Brainerd Currie, The Silver Oar and All That: A Study of the Romero Case, 27 U.Chi. L.Rev. 1, 77-78 (1959); see also Hark v. Antilles Airboats, Inc., 355 F. Supp. 683, 684 n. 1 (D.Virgin Islands 1973). When the Court sits "in admiralty," the "Silver Oar" is moved to the right corner of the bench. The central question in this case is whether to move the oar, i.e., whether admiralty jurisdiction exists. :snippity:

V. CONCLUSION

Accordingly, while there is no federal admiralty tort jurisdiction based on the navigability of the Winnisquam, this Court holds that the Act confers independent jurisdiction and DENIES the motion to dismiss. [Docket No. 21]

The Silver Oar moves to the right; this Court has admiralty jurisdiction over this matter.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:49 pm

:thumbs: Nice! Now the SovCits will ask for a Silvef Oar and I guess the next step to dismantle Teh Admirality is to have the Silver Oar reforged into SovCit currency of silver coins :lol:

realist

Post by realist » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Whatever4 wrote:In Re Bernstein, 81 F. Supp. 2d 176 (D. Mass. 1999)

U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts - 81 F. Supp. 2d 176 (D. Mass. 1999)
December 28, 1999

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/dis ... 6/2420852/
*177 On the left corner of the bench in the courtroom where this session of the Court sits there rests a replica of the Silver Oar of Admiralty, the historic symbol of this court's admiralty jurisdiction. See Brainerd Currie, The Silver Oar and All That: A Study of the Romero Case, 27 U.Chi. L.Rev. 1, 77-78 (1959); see also Hark v. Antilles Airboats, Inc., 355 F. Supp. 683, 684 n. 1 (D.Virgin Islands 1973). When the Court sits "in admiralty," the "Silver Oar" is moved to the right corner of the bench. The central question in this case is whether to move the oar, i.e., whether admiralty jurisdiction exists. :snippity:

V. CONCLUSION

Accordingly, while there is no federal admiralty tort jurisdiction based on the navigability of the Winnisquam, this Court holds that the Act confers independent jurisdiction and DENIES the motion to dismiss. [Docket No. 21]

The Silver Oar moves to the right; this Court has admiralty jurisdiction over this matter.
http://www.nhd.uscourts.gov/sites/defau ... y-oar.aspx
The oar exhibited in our courthouse is a symbolic representation of the link between colonial-era British admiralty courts and the current District Courts of the United States.

Admiralty (maritime) law was formally adjudicated in England as early as 1360. A mace in the shape of an oar, made of silver, was used to symbolize the power of the British admiralty courts. It was commonly carried by the court’s marshal, and placed before the judge during trials.

Vice-admiralty courts were established in several colonial American cities. Some of these courts also used silver oars to symbolize their authority under the British crown. After the American colonies won independence from Great Britain and established their own judicial system, admiralty jurisdiction was placed with the federal district courts.

The silver oar displayed in the Warren G. Rudman courthouse was designed to replicate the two remaining original silver oars of colonial America, those of Boston’s and New York’s vice-admiralty courts. This exhibit honors the rich history and admiralty authority of the United States District Courts.
:thumbs:

But what about that fringy stuff? :lol:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”