Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dance! Dance! Dance!

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Dance! Dance! Dance!

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd never seen the My Baby Can Dance video before but I love it. I fell for Hubs the first time I saw him swing dancing at a bar.

Captain Jack does some fun dance vids.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Pan's People were a dance troupe on the UK's "Top of the Pops" show every week for a few years in the 1970s. Here they perform to Carly Simon's classic tune. I really love this and hope you do to.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 am I'd never seen the My Baby Can Dance video before but I love it. I fell for Hubs the first time I saw him swing dancing at a bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEoG_Uuxgk4
Where is that music from? It reminds me of Weekend at Bernies :lol:

CONGA LINE!!!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Moar tango!!!

Antonio Banderas in Take The Lead

Anybody got a cigarette?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 am I'd never seen the My Baby Can Dance video before but I love it. I fell for Hubs the first time I saw him swing dancing at a bar.

No such thing as a bad version of Iko Iko.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am Where is that music from? It reminds me of Weekend at Bernies :lol:

Iko Iko was originally released in the 50s, based on the Mardi Gras Indian chants, and is a NOLA staple. Joc-a-mo-fe-ni-ay basically translates to "don't fuck with us" and it's serious business on Super Sunday. There is nothing in this world quite like hearing Iko Iko in the dawn from a distance, and seeing the Big Chiefs and their tribes slowly coming into view. If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the spy boys, and if you're REALLY lucky (or "know someone") you might be on the right corner at the right time to see two tribes meet, chant and dance in a "competition" for the prettiest Chief. Sends chills down my arms just thinking about it. The only thing that even comes close is 'Amazing Grace' on the bagpipes at a LEO funeral.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Okay.. I can't help myself. I have to do Fosse.

With Ben Vereen (Manson trio starts at around 3:50)

And Fosse himself with Gwen Verdon.

And Sweet Charity
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Watch for Ann Reinking!

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:23 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am Where is that music from? It reminds me of Weekend at Bernies :lol:

Iko Iko was originally released in the 50s, based on the Mardi Gras Indian chants, and is a NOLA staple. Joc-a-mo-fe-ni-ay basically translates to "don't fuck with us" and it's serious business on Super Sunday. There is nothing in this world quite like hearing Iko Iko in the dawn from a distance, and seeing the Big Chiefs and their tribes slowly coming into view. If you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the spy boys, and if you're REALLY lucky (or "know someone") you might be on the right corner at the right time to see two tribes meet, chant and dance in a "competition" for the prettiest Chief. Sends chills down my arms just thinking about it. The only thing that even comes close is 'Amazing Grace' on the bagpipes at a LEO funeral.
Obrigado

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

No disrespect to Reinking and Neuwirth, but I loved the movie version of Chicago bestest. I've always identified as a straight female but Catherine Zeta Jones is one red hot mama.
► Show Spoiler
(it's been a while since I've seen this scene so I've hidden it. It's a bit scorchy.)
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:18 pm No disrespect to Reinking and Neuwirth, but I loved the movie version of Chicago bestest.
I did not see the stage version with Reinking and Neuwirth but did see it a few years ago in, Chicago (Chicago in Chicago). I find I like both equally and differently. I have seen some recordings of Ann and Bebe from the revival.

I would agree Catherine Zeta-Jones was superb in the movie and Rob Marshall did it enough different from Fosse/Reinking that I can like both versions equally.
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:45 am Watch for Ann Reinking!
:lovestruck:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

My mom use to Jitterbug in the 1940's 50's. She was said to have been pretty good dancer. She didn't dance much after we came along.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I had no idea Jerry Lewis could dance!!!! Cool!
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Ryan Gosling at 12.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Hubby and I are/were jitterbuggers. We could do a death drop, some intricate spins, and one or two aerials. I loved the Jerry Lewis dance sequence! There were some dance moves in that we can incorporate into ours.

When first born son was three or so I would take him to the dance recitals of his older friend Ami. My dad approved of him being exposed to all those dancing girls. :biggrin: :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:29 pm I had no idea Jerry Lewis could dance!!!! Cool!
I think a lot of the entertainers of that generation got their starts in Vaudeville. Song and dance was their meat and potatoes.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Ryan Gosling, later.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:57 pm Hubby and I are/were jitterbuggers. We could do a death drop, some intricate spins, and one or two aerials. I loved the Jerry Lewis dance sequence! There were some dance moves in that we can incorporate into ours.
There's nothing sexier than a guy who's a good dancer.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Yes!!!!!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's so cute. It reminds me of all those Tuesday Trex videos that were big a while back.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer

From Hubby!

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”