Gavin Seim

arayder

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by arayder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:29 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm
In fairness to Gav, I’ve got plenty of expat friends who make an effort but still struggle with pronunciation even with full immersion in Spanish.
That's just it. Gavin doesn't make an effort. I could cut him some slack if he was trying, but he fails at the most mind-bogglingly simple things. He's so over-the-top wrong, it seems intentional. Which would certainly be in character for Gavin, but lately he's been congratulating himself for how multi-lingual he's becoming.
Amazingly after a couple of months in Mexico Gavin openly talked about going to a Mexican law school and becoming a lawyer there. Considering that he doesn't understand U.S. law and studies only enough to find legal theories supporting his anarchistic point of view, at the time I considered his lack of Spanish fluency to be only one of his problems. But it was rather stunning that Gavin didn't seem to grasp how bad his Spanish was and just how steep the language learning curve would be.

I don't know why he thought a Mexican law school would admit a badly homeschooled gringo who couldn't string together a cogent Spanish sentence.
Gavin speaks Spanish like he's doing an impression of John Wayne, if John Wayne had been directed to show his contempt for Pedro Armendariz's character by getting every single syllable of his language wrong. "Too heiress in moo-ey trouble, seen-your!"
LOL!

I believe Duke's last wife, of decades, was a Spanish speaker. Despite his reputation as a right winger Wayne was remarkably respectful of Spanish and Native American cultures.

--------------
Dope Clock: Gavin Seim's Mexican visitor visa expired 243 days ago.
“Protecting our border is critical and the lack of accountability we see there is criminal. First we institute real security. We secure the border. Next we don't hand out amnesty to illegals. It's time bring order to the border.” -Gavin Seim

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am

Here is an interesting primer to the differences between US and Mexican legal systems.

https://onlinelaw.wustl.edu/blog/major- ... l-systems/

I noticed elsewhere that apparently in Mexico, a criminal defendant can select a non-attorney a counsel. The Poots and SovCits would love that, but the fact that the judges in Mexico direct more tasks than they do in the US, the advantage to the Poots would be reduced.

Still, I would want somebody with training and experience in how in how litigation actually worked and not some yokel who litigated based on how they think a court should work.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Whip

Post by Whip » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:15 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 pm
It sounds like Seim has a 10-word vocabulary and butchers that.
well, he only has that in English too.

arayder

Post by arayder » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 am

I can't see Gavin functioning as a lawyer in any country or jurisdiction. Language and education issues aside Gavin doesn't have the emotional stability required to sit in a courtroom and effectively defend somebody faced with an aggressive prosecutor and hostile judge.

Let's say he has to argue that the search of an accused individual's car was coerced and has to calmly go through the video from a body cam or a nearby cell phone in order to point out where and how the cop tricked or forced the accused into letting the car be searched. Judging on his history it seems to me that Gavin would be more apt to endlessly shout a losing poot argument regarding lawful search.

Upon being overruled Gavin would just lose his stuff.

--------------
Dope Clock: Gavin Seim's Mexican visitor visa expired 243 days ago.
“Protecting our border is critical and the lack of accountability we see there is criminal. First we institute real security. We secure the border. Next we don't hand out amnesty to illegals. It's time bring order to the border.” -Gavin Seim

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm

arayder wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 am
I can't see Gavin functioning as a lawyer
I can't see Gavin holding a job.
This bramble need not be traversed.

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm
arayder wrote:
I can't see Gavin functioning as a lawyer
I can't see Gavin holding a job.
I think getting a paying job would be quite a hurdle as well.
Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 pm

arayder wrote:
I can't see Gavin functioning as a lawyer in any country or jurisdiction. Language and education issues aside Gavin doesn't have the emotional stability required to sit in a courtroom and effectively defend somebody faced with an aggressive prosecutor and hostile judge.
:snippity:
Upon being overruled Gavin would just lose his stuff.
But he was so successful last time he tried to "represent" somebody in court.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

boots

Post by boots » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:39 pm
Jeffrey wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 pm
In fairness to Gav, I’ve got plenty of expat friends who make an effort but still struggle with pronunciation even with full immersion in Spanish.
That's just it. Gavin doesn't make an effort. I could cut him some slack if he was trying, but he fails at the most mind-bogglingly simple things. He's so over-the-top wrong, it seems intentional. Which would certainly be in character for Gavin, but lately he's been congratulating himself for how multi-lingual he's becoming.

Gavin speaks Spanish like he's doing an impression of John Wayne, if John Wayne had been directed to show his contempt for Pedro Armendariz's character by getting every single syllable of his language wrong. "Too heiress in moo-ey trouble, seen-your!"
Egg Zactly

arayder

Post by arayder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm

In a crazy mixed up world Gavin has found a gig that suits him. He’s become expert at pointing out the boil on the world’s bum.

The world seems increasingly to be stoked in hatred, discontent, strife and controversy such that many of us suffer a growing sense of disharmony. Have and have not nations seem in constant turmoil. The world’s self-proclaimed leader nations don’t seem to have any answers. Racial, ethnic and religious strife seem the norm, rather than the exception.

Gavin pretends that since he can put a finger on a few of the problems, like bad cops and incompetent governance, he must have an answer.

The fact is Gavin just an attention seeker who shamelessly crafts his pitch to whoever will give him the most likes or subscribe to his propaganda pages.

One day he’s a supporter of increased border security and the next he’s an open border boy.

But in many ways Gavin is the problem. He doesn’t seem to realize that there isn’t any difference between dehumanizing a cop or a judge and doing the same to a Central American asylum seeker. Despite his constant Bible thumping Gavin doesn’t understand what God’s love is. He’s even gone so far as to boost discussions on his pages about how and when cops and judges might be killed.

Gavin is puss in the boil.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm

arayder wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm
In a crazy mixed up world Gavin has found a gig that suits him his parents will support financially. He’s become expert at pointing out the boil on the world’s bum.
FTFY.

Gavin does not in any way have a "gig." Not enough to support hs lifestyle, family, and known expenditures. His Steemit was worth $90 a month last we checked; there's no evidence he's ever done a paid photography job; and there's little market for t-shirts that say "I wish to provoke police officers."

jmj

Post by jmj » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm
arayder wrote:
In a crazy mixed up world Gavin has found a gig that suits him his parents will support financially. He’s become expert at pointing out the boil on the world’s bum.
FTFY.

Gavin does not in any way have a "gig." Not enough to support hs lifestyle, family, and known expenditures. His Steemit was worth $90 a month last we checked; there's no evidence he's ever done a paid photography job; and there's little market for t-shirts that say "I wish to provoke police officers."
Supposedly he makes his money these days selling presets(?) and/or plugins(?) for lightroom (I think? or photoshop?) rather than working as an actual photographer. Search for "Seim Effects". These are things that allow amateur photographers to make their images look as unnaturally lit and colored as Gavin's photographs. I have a hard time believing that he makes much money off of these things, but I don't know much about the world of amateur wannabe photographers. Maybe there's a lot of photography hacks like Gavin out there that think that applying an HDR filter to their photos will automatically turn them into a professional photographer. But in any case, I think that is what he would claim as his "job".

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 pm

jmj wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 pm
Supposedly he makes his money these days selling presets(?) and/or plugins(?) for lightroom (I think? or photoshop?) rather than working as an actual photographer.
Good point, but I doubt he's making much off of that either.

arayder

Post by arayder » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm
arayder wrote:
FTFY.

Lately Gavin's Facebook page has degenerated into his endless posting of news articles about bad cops, Trump's draconian border policies and any incident of bad governance he or his buds can find on the web.

I ask, "So what, Gavin? What are you doing about it?"

The question goes to the same old cop-out (pun intended) that freemen-on-the-land used to pull when they said their answer to bad government was their own brand of anarchy. Of course when they were trying to curry favor they'ed say they were for "good government". . .sort of like Gavin's disastrous stab at a congressional run.

The truth is that even though authoritarian governments and leaders are gaining sway in the world there are some things that can be done. . .some things other than Facebook postings about killing cops while hiding out in another country.

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:34 pm
jmj wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:17 pm
Supposedly he makes his money these days selling presets(?) and/or plugins(?) for lightroom (I think? or photoshop?) rather than working as an actual photographer.
Good point, but I doubt he's making much off of that either.
Go to Gimp.org - it's similar to PShop, but FREE. Look in their archives. Gigs and gigs of FREE presets and plug-ins.

Also, people being people, I'me SURE if El Vago had any presets that were worth a damn, they are likely being shared.
"No, really. I was only fooling."

Andy Kaufman

LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Kilgore Trout wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Also, people being people, I'me SURE if El Vago had any presets that were worth a damn, they are likely being shared.
That's my general rule of thumb for determining success as well, so I've checked. I belong to about 90% of what the scene considers top-tier, invite-only sharing sites/FTPs/trackers. So anytime I encounter a self-proclaimed expert, musical genius or other luminary thats generally one of the first places I check. Suffice to say I couldn't find anywhere Gav's creations were being shared. :-D

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

Never underestimate the things that amateur photographers will spend money on.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:58 am

Photoguy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am
Well, I will spend money on stuff that makes my photos interesting or attractive. Not ones that will make my models look elongated or hunch backed, or their skin blue or yellow.

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:58 am
Photoguy wrote:
Well, I will spend money on stuff that makes my photos interesting or attractive. Not ones that will make my models look elongated or hunch backed, or their skin blue or yellow.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Photography, like a lot of other pursuits is is made up of vast numbers of practitioners looking for interesting and attractive results. People like Gavin cast a net into the pool hoping to catch a few with promises of *interesting and attractive* results if you purchase his products. There's bound to be some that open their wallets and download his plug-ins which really don't do anything that can't be done in Lightroom manually other than to make the effects/changes push-button easy. But, in fairness, that's what the plug-in business is all about.

I did a quick search for the top 100 LR presets. I can't comment on the validity of this list but not surprisingly, his weren't included- https://designshack.net/articles/inspir ... m-presets/ It doesn't mean that he isn't selling them but like most of his other endeavors, I suspect that he's probably way out on the margins of this field.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:43 am

Photoguy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:39 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:58 am
Photoguy wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
True. In my case, I'm the beholder and I look for certain effects based on the photo. I've used Hipstamatic for certain ones but mostly I just noodle around in Lightroom, Snapseed, etc.

arayder

Post by arayder » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:21 pm

Gavin loses his sh*t yet again and uses his Facebook page to encourage violence.

https://www.facebook.com/gavinseim/time ... 1563130964
Gavin Seim
2 hrs ·
RIP, #blueisis murders. The people should bring 1000 more and raze the concentration camps to the ground.

THEDAILYBEAST.COM
Washington Man Accused of Hurling Molotov Cocktails at ICE Detention Center Killed by Police
The man, who has not been publicly identified, was armed with a rifle and throwing “incendiary devices” at the building, police said.
It's worth noting that the guy who did this, Willem Van Spronsen, was armed not only with a rifle and incendiary devices but unlike Gavvy a set of balls.

It seems Van Spronsen, planned the attack as a murder by cop thing: https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/07/14/69 ... rant-jail/
Deb Bartley, who told the Times she has been a friend of Willem Van Spronsen’s for about 20 years, described him as an anarchist and anti-fascist, and believes his attack on the detention center intending to provoke a fatal conflict.

“He was ready to end it,” Bartley said. “I think this was a suicide. But then he was able to kind of do it in a way that spoke to his political beliefs . I know he went down there knowing he was going to die.”

She said that she and other friends of Van Spronsen got letters in the mail “just saying goodbye.” He also wrote what she referred to as a manifesto, which she declined to discuss in detail, the Times reported.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:11 am
Here is an interesting primer to the differences between US and Mexican legal systems.

https://onlinelaw.wustl.edu/blog/major- ... l-systems/

I noticed elsewhere that apparently in Mexico, a criminal defendant can select a non-attorney a counsel. The Poots and SovCits would love that, but the fact that the judges in Mexico direct more tasks than they do in the US, the advantage to the Poots would be reduced.

Still, I would want somebody with training and experience in how in how litigation actually worked and not some yokel who litigated based on how they think a court should work.
The Mexican legal system obviously follows the european continental / french system. I guess that the Code Napoleon still is the most important legal source.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 pm

It was very wise to delete your post, Jeffrey.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Shhhh, nobody saw nothing.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:22 pm

I had typed my answer and then the quote was gone.

So just for the record:

I wrote "Si tacuisses.." - and you followed my advice before I could even give it. Love and peace!

arayder

Post by arayder » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:45 pm

An oldie but a goodie. . .

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”