Gavin Seim

User avatar
TheNewSaint
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7126

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:22 pm

the most easily offended tend to be the most insane and abusive
Yes, Gavin, that is correct.

Now think how this maxim might apply to someone who flees the country and sells his family's home over a misdemeanor charge, which only exists because he picked a fight with a cop over a traffic stop that not even the stopped party was complaining about.
This bramble need not be traversed.

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 28729
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: Gavin Seim

#7127

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm

The post above this one is four minutes well spent, IMHO. :P
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

User avatar
jmj
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7128

Post by jmj » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Dolly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:09 pm
He managed to use ONE Spanish word. :roll: His English is crappy also.
bunch of photos FROM instead of OF ??
MADE all of these instead of TOOK ??

hermosas
Translations of hermosas
adjective
beautiful

photos from all the beautifuls

#dumbazz
Gavin Seim added 72 new photos.
13 hrs ·
Latinos like every type of dance from around the world. Anna is doing Ballet this year and here's a bunch of photos from all the hermosas at her recital. I made all of these on the XT3 with a 90mm f2
Hmm, I guess I don't know spanish well enough to know whether "hermosas" is used colloquially to mean something like "beauties" (which is a bit creepy, if that's what he intended to say). My other thought is that maybe he was trying to say "girls" and reached for the word "hermanas" but accidentally transposed it to hermosas. Hermanas is at least a noun, but it means "sisters", which is also wrong...

Even if the spanish word was correct, mixing it into an all-english sentence still makes him look like he's overly impressed with himself for knowing a single spanish word.

And yes, I also wasted 4 minutes on that post, oh well ;)

User avatar
neeneko
Posts: 1680
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:08 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7129

Post by neeneko » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:59 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:25 pm
I was just waiting for that word to come up. There is no racial connotation to that word. It's been in use since the mid-1500s, hundreds of years before slavery became an issue in Europe, much less in the (then non-existent) US.
While they have no common root, back in the 90s people discovered that they could really upset people by its usage and then hide behind 'but they are not actually related'. Connotation is more than etymology. While it is not a perfect comparison, it highlights that you have to look at how words are actually used against target groups, not just the historical or dictionary usages.

Maybe I am in gumpy SJW mode, but I find it a bit surprising that I seem to be the only one who thinks it is really uncool how that has become a running joke. It isn't even a huge deal, it is hardly the worst word trans peeps will hear and it isn't even universally disapproved of within the community... but I find this push back from a fairly progressive forum kinda disappointing. No one is being accused of being malicious or intending insult, but inadvertent behavior can still be problematic, and defending it, well, kinda sucks.

Jeffrey
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7130

Post by Jeffrey » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:05 pm

I don’t know if it’s used as a noun in Mexico but in general no, you wouldn’t refer to a group of females as hermosas noun.

And my two cents on the t word, I’ve been informed it causes considerable distress to people in that community so I personally avoid using it regardless of context. Politeness isn’t censorship.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14230
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7131

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:18 pm

I try not to offend (most) people. I would not insult Transsexual people.

But I am not bothered by the word when it is referring to Goverment tranny.

I take it like the calls to Protect Our Boarders.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8437
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Gavin Seim

#7132

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Dolly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Gavin has a few other posts (and photos) about his daughter's ballet recital. "One picture is worth a 1,000 words."
"cool meeting room" = positive description. But it is really just an other pathetic attempt to insult the USA. :roll:
He does have a bit of a point of various US parents getting squeamish about a mural like the Botticelli. The Calvinist Protestantism that underlies much of our history has always been more distasteful of this type of art than those steeped in the Roman Catholic tradition such as those in Mexico.

I could explain the theological differences that lead to this but I think I will just leave it hear.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7133

Post by Whip » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm

jmj wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:38 pm
Dolly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:09 pm
He managed to use ONE Spanish word. :roll: His English is crappy also.
bunch of photos FROM instead of OF ??
MADE all of these instead of TOOK ??

hermosas
Translations of hermosas
adjective
beautiful

photos from all the beautifuls

#dumbazz
Gavin Seim added 72 new photos.
13 hrs ·
Latinos like every type of dance from around the world. Anna is doing Ballet this year and here's a bunch of photos from all the hermosas at her recital. I made all of these on the XT3 with a 90mm f2
Hmm, I guess I don't know spanish well enough to know whether "hermosas" is used colloquially to mean something like "beauties" (which is a bit creepy, if that's what he intended to say). My other thought is that maybe he was trying to say "girls" and reached for the word "hermanas" but accidentally transposed it to hermosas. Hermanas is at least a noun, but it means "sisters", which is also wrong...

Even if the spanish word was correct, mixing it into an all-english sentence still makes him look like he's overly impressed with himself for knowing a single spanish word.

And yes, I also wasted 4 minutes on that post, oh well ;)
I just assumed he meant mimosas. it would explain the awful photography.

User avatar
TheNewSaint
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7134

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 pm

If he'd said "las hermosas", that wouldn't have been too terrible, because it's along the lines of adjectival nicknames like "el guapo" (The Handsome) from Three Amigos.

But not even including the article... ugh.

Another thing I've been wanting to bring up is that Gavin's pronounciation is shit. Listen to how he says "ahora" ("now"). Which he will again soon, because it's one of the 8 words he knows that aren't about describing attractive females.

Anyway, listen to how much he emphasizes the R. The Spanish R is not like an English R; it's more like a D, and it's voiced quickly. It's difficult to explain in writing, but try saying an R while the tongue touches the roof of your mouth like you're saying a D, and you'll be close. The name "Pedro" isn't PAID-roe, it's more like PAID-deh-roe, with the three sounds said quickly. (Please be aware this is for a single R only; RR is a completely different letter in Spanish.)

Which brings me to another avenue of Gavin's complete idiocy... he claims to be a voice actor. How can you be a voice actor and be this goddamn ignorant of a common dialect? I've taken voice acting classes, and they teach you how to pay attention to how other people talk, so you can learn to imitate them. Even if you can't speak the language, a voice actor should be able to imitate it at least. I can take a line of gibberish and make it sound German, Russian. Italian, or whatever you need.

So Gavin not only can't speak simple Spanish after two years in Mexico, he's stunningly ignorant of something he clains as a profession.
This bramble need not be traversed.

User avatar
TheNewSaint
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7135

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:28 pm
The post above this one is four minutes well spent, IMHO. :P
Thank you, you're too kind. I am glad to be a contributor to this interesting little corner of the web.
This bramble need not be traversed.

User avatar
jmj
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:01 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7136

Post by jmj » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Yeah, his pronunciation is shit. I noticed on that last video where he was pulled over by the cops that he pronounced 'privado' as 'pry-vado'. Even after all this time, he can't even get a simple 'i' right.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14230
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7137

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm
Dolly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Gavin has a few other posts (and photos) about his daughter's ballet recital. "One picture is worth a 1,000 words."
"cool meeting room" = positive description. But it is really just an other pathetic attempt to insult the USA. :roll:
He does have a bit of a point of various US parents getting squeamish about a mural like the Botticelli. The Calvinist Protestantism that underlies much of our history has always been more distasteful of this type of art than those steeped in the Roman Catholic tradition such as those in Mexico.

I could explain the theological differences that lead to this but I think I will just leave it hear.
I am glad you brought that up. Since his post, I have been thinking of Sister Wendy.
Wendy Mary Beckett, better known as Sister Wendy, was a British religious sister, hermit, consecrated virgin and art historian who became well known internationally during the 1990s when she presented a series of BBC television documentaries on the history of art. Wikipedia



SISTER WENDY Botticelli Birth of a Venus
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
TheNewSaint
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7138

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:01 pm

jmj wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:44 pm
Yeah, his pronunciation is shit. I noticed on that last video where he was pulled over by the cops that he pronounced 'privado' as 'pry-vado'. Even after all this time, he can't even get a simple 'i' right.
Good observation. The Spanish vowels A E I O U are sounded "ah", "eh", "ee", "oh", and "oo", with few exceptions. He literally doesn't know the Spanish alphabet, something they teach you on the first day of Spanish class, and which varies only slightly from the English alphabet. I'm genuinely stunned at how little he knows.
This bramble need not be traversed.

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3764
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7139

Post by Azastan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 pm

neeneko wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 pm

So does awareness of a larger context. I can recall years ago listening to people get a big laugh out of using 'niggardly' to make fun of people, and if anyone pointed out the racial connotation they would get out their dictionaries and talk about how it means 'stingy' so it was fine for them to use, and we were taking them out of context because we wanted to be offended.
Off Topic
'Niggardly' means stingy, and has nothing to do with race. Just because other people are uneducated does not mean I will stop using that word. I always use it in context, with people who are educated enough to know that I am not using the word as a racial slur.

boots
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7140

Post by boots » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 pm

He talks like an American who is either making fun of people from Mexico or who doesn't care to pronounce anything correctly.

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14230
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7141

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Gavin Seim
2 hours ago ·
Haha. You have to understand that Latinos are not so prudish like we are with the fake holiness of western culture. Dr. Nicole is explaining that her and her husband saw condoms at the pharmacy that had anethisia similar to what they use on the office.



:roll: :roll: :roll:

google search " condoms anesthesia"
there are other brands. You can order them from Amazon.com.


TROJAN™ Extended Condoms with Climax Control Lubricant have a special lubricant that helps to control climax and prolong lasting lovemaking.

Features Climax Control Lubricant – a clear lubricant with a special additive to help prevent premature ejaculation and help provide greater staying power
*Active ingredient: Benzocaine, 4% (male genital desensitizer)
<snip>
http://www.trojanbrands.com/en/condoms/ ... -Lubricant
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 14230
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7142

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 pm

The previous post was:
Gavin Seim
3 hrs ·
Dr jorge and Dr Nicole are carving away on these HUGE cavities in my rear molars. Two intense composite fillings. Cost was about $150
ETA to stress *** WARNING this is Gavin's big mouth showing his big cavities

Video under the spoiler, in case you don't wanna see Gavin's mouth.
► Show Spoiler
Vincent Bess Now thats affordable dental care!
2h

Gavin Seim Vincent Bess truth told this is one of the soendy places. But they are good and have fluent English speakers which is good to have for medical procedures.
2h
____________________________________

I to to a Mexican dentist in Tecate, Mexico. She speaks English pretty good. She makes sure I feel NO pain.
Fillings are $40 and include any x-rays. So I am NOT impressed with his deal.
:mrgreen:
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
TheNewSaint
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:05 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7143

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:24 pm

Off Topic
Azastan wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 pm
'Niggardly' means stingy, and has nothing to do with race. Just because other people are uneducated does not mean I will stop using that word. I always use it in context, with people who are educated enough to know that I am not using the word as a racial slur.
I cannot imagine a single context in which "stingy" or "miserly" would not suffice.

The word literally means nothing that those words don't. It offers no additional shades of meaning. It's a useless word, that would be forgotten if not for its unfortunate similarity to something very nasty. Even if it did, losing that would be a small sacrifice to avoid using a word with great potential to offend.
This bramble need not be traversed.

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3764
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7144

Post by Azastan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:24 pm
Off Topic
Azastan wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:27 pm
'Niggardly' means stingy, and has nothing to do with race. Just because other people are uneducated does not mean I will stop using that word. I always use it in context, with people who are educated enough to know that I am not using the word as a racial slur.
I cannot imagine a single context in which "stingy" or "miserly" would not suffice.

The word literally means nothing that those words don't. It offers no additional shades of meaning. It's a useless word, that would be forgotten if not for its unfortunate similarity to something very nasty. Even if it did, losing that would be a small sacrifice to avoid using a word with great potential to offend.
Yes it does.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... ther-words

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8437
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Gavin Seim

#7145

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Not to be pushy about OT, but TheNewSaint still has 26 seconds left in his daily 4 minute of GavMock™.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
neonzx
Posts: 6234
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:27 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7146

Post by neonzx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm

Dolly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 pm
I'm speechless. :shock:

Roku is calling me. Bye now.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 16906
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7147

Post by Suranis » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am
I remember when I wouldn't allow the word 'fag' (or maybe it was faggot?)
What have you against cigarettes, and bits of wood used to start fires? :think:
“At last reluctantly Gandalf himself took a hand. Picking up a faggot he held it aloft for a moment, and then with a word of command, naur an edraith ammen! he thrust the end of his staff into the midst of it.”
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

User avatar
Dan1100
Posts: 3525
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7148

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:53 am
I missed this update from Matt. :snippity:
Matt is charged with Trespass in the 1st Degree (misdemeanor) in State court in St. Francois County. They mailed him a summons, which he either ignored or didn't get. They then issued a warrant. He got picked up on a Thursday and didn't post bond until the following Monday.

His arraignment is set for tomorrow.

Docket sheets and charge info attached.

I cannot express strongly enough how little of a sense of humor the folks at the St. Francois County courthouse have both in general and especially for any shenanigan's at any of the local prisons.
2019-07-08-220515_1280x1024_scrot.png
2019-07-08-220504_1280x1024_scrot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

User avatar
Dan1100
Posts: 3525
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: Gavin Seim

#7149

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm

Matt has indeed sued the City of Bonne Terre (home to a flooded giant underground lead mine they let you scuba dive in) and someone who works there.

No documents online, but here is the docket sheet.
2019-07-08-221725_1280x1024_scrot.png
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Gavin Seim

#7150

Post by scirreeve » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:28 am

Thanks Dan. I still think Gav's phone calls to the prison had something to do with the locals being on guard and arresting and charging Matt. I don't see anything on Gav's social media advocating for Matt.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Post Reply

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”