Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

When we were in Charlotte last week, we ate at a very nice Mexican restaurant called RuRu's. And they use really weird names for everything, as you will see if'n you click that link to their menu. Example: "Fat Guy In A Little Coat" is a Cilantro Marinated Skirt Steak, Lettuce, Queso Fresco, Cilantro, and Avocado Aioli. Lots of them are really cute names, but the food was excellent so we had no complaints.

In fact, one of the margaritas they had was called the "Prison Love". You have the link, you can check me on this one. So I ordered a Prison Love.

Me (to the waiter): "Ya know, this is really meaningful for us. We met in prison." :lol:
Waiter: "Oh really?"
Me: "Yeah, I used to be a prison guard, and she was locked up for being really, really annoying." :whistle:

So then ol' Wifehorn starts to ask about the beers, and she asks a few questions and then she says, "I'm really not very picky."

I said, "Yeah, she never got any beer at all in prison." :mrgreen:

Anyway, I recommend RuRu's. We had a good time there. :batting:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So I'm back from Seattle yesterday night and volunteering in Wayne County today, got up at 6 and I have NOT had enough covfefe!

More will be revealed later....

Then I'm done traveling, driving, moving....
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So mañana at 11 I have a Zoom meeting of the NCDP State Fair committee. I'm expecting to be somewhat pressured by the other members of the committee to do it again this year, since someone needs to have a van capable of carrying the large exhibit pieces, and the time and energy to do the job, and access to the Facebook page, and the Signup Genius account, and so forth and so on.

I'm unaware of anybody else in the area who can do the things I do to make it a success.

However, the anger and violence of the deadend Republican white supremacist morons is still getting worse on a daily basis (hi, Dan Bauman :wave:), and I think it's too risky to put a small group of elderly ladies in a booth with a big sign that says DEMOCRATS.

And the only suggestion I have is, wait until things calm down, but will that even happen in my lifetime?

I don't do it for the money, by the time it's over I'm being paid basically minimum wage. I'm proud that I put so much into it over the years, but I don't want to be part of it this year.

I'll give ya a report after the meeting. :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:45 am So mañana at 11 I have a Zoom meeting of the NCDP State Fair committee. I'm expecting to be somewhat pressured by the other members of the committee to do it again this year, since someone needs to have a van capable of carrying the large exhibit pieces, and the time and energy to do the job, and access to the Facebook page, and the Signup Genius account, and so forth and so on.

I'm unaware of anybody else in the area who can do the things I do to make it a success.

However, the anger and violence of the deadend Republican white supremacist morons is still getting worse on a daily basis (hi, Dan Bauman :wave:), and I think it's too risky to put a small group of elderly ladies in a booth with a big sign that says DEMOCRATS.

And the only suggestion I have is, wait until things calm down, but will that even happen in my lifetime?

I don't do it for the money, by the time it's over I'm being paid basically minimum wage. I'm proud that I put so much into it over the years, but I don't want to be part of it this year.

I'll give ya a report after the meeting. :towel:
These are from the pre-trumpanzee era, when things weren't as dangerous for us dems.

When I worked at the library bookstore (pre covid - when they had a library bookstore) I had one good friend, a delightful elderly woman who was devoted to the Democratic party. She even carried a book bag with the donkey symbol on it. She told me about one year she was canvassing for John Kerry with her grandchild, a tween. She knocked on one door and tried to give her spiel but the guy who opened it cussed her out using the most vile language you can imagine, in front of a 12-year-old and a woman in her late 70s.

so, yeah, it's just not safe out there.

I have one other story about another delightful older woman whom I met at the local Democratic Club meetings. She was wearing her Democrats of (insert town here) T to shop and some asshole told her "You must be pretty brave to wear that shirt around here). My friend, (think Betty White) got right in his face (also pre covid) and said "WTH should I be afraid to wear this shirt? THIS IS AMERICA!!!" The bastard turned tail and skedaddled without saying another word.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, TFA's only saving grace was that he was so stupid and so lazy and so incompetent that he only managed to do maybe a quarter of the damage he wanted to do to this great nation.

But one thing he really did accomplish is, he made it OK to physically attack Democrats. To violently confront us in public. To yell and scream in our faces.

It's not safe out there.

AND, wearing a mask is mandatory indoors in Rawly because our number of cases is going up again, like most of the states, and our booth is indoors. How many of the spreadnecks at the Fair are going to wear masks?

OK, another trick question. Nobody, that's who.

:whisper: I will, however, be going to the Fair wearing non-political clothing. The NC State University ice cream booth will still be there, yesno? And I'm still over 65, so free admission!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OK, had a great Zoom meeting. With three people besides me, none of whom really have a plan for dealing with the security issues.

"We'll give the volunteers a phone number to call Security."

Except 1) the building is so loud you can't have a phone conversation - voice of experience here, and 2) it would take Security 15 minutes to get to the booth, long after the incident is over. The Fair gets CROWDED.

"Let's have a full-size cutout of Joe and Kamala so people can take selfies."

Sure, that won't enrage the morons. :roll:

And oh, even though the Fair is only 6 weeks away, we didn't need to make any actual decisions today, and in fact, the only one we made was not to have a $25 stuffed donkey in the booth to give to some lucky person for giving us their email address. And let's have another meeting on Zoom in 3 weeks.

With every word spoken, I realized how smart I'm being by not being the coordinator this year. It's gonna be a big mess.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh, and seniors don't get in free this year, they're charging $5.

But my senior volunteers are very certain, after all these years, that they'll get in free, and half of them are going to turn around at the ticket booth and go home.

And since they don't have anybody dumb enough to be the coordinator for the amount they paid me in the past, they're planning to pay $400 more to hire someone, but they don't know who. Which still works out to about $12 an hour, and they won't have a really qualified candidate.

Yowza. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye. :blackeye:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

So we took my dad to the Navy Exchange to get him all stocked up on supplies until we can get back here in December, and I happened to notice that a pack of cigarettes is TEN DOLLARS. :shock: Which is $100 for a carton!

Holy cannoli, that's really hurting yourself - the cigs are poison and you go broke buying them!

:nope:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

That is why In Australia they are taxed so high.

a packet of 50 cigarettes costs $53.95.
(39.46$US)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and Australian cigarettes are probably smaller, like Australian dollars. :lol:

God I want to go to Oz someday ... :towel:
Dave from down under

Odds on international travel will be allowed when national vaccination is >80% (hopefully including 12+ age group).

Probably the end of the year… in time for the Epsilon variety.. :(
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

FB_IMG_1631368917780.jpg
FB_IMG_1631368917780.jpg (80.81 KiB) Viewed 2276 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Sick as a dog, stomach flu. No Virtual Meetup tonight. I intend to survive.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

stomach flu? You sure?

What am i saying, wifehorn would never let you not know for sure.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Rest up Herr Dick-Tater.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

:(
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah testing for Covid tomorrow. But it's a stomach flu.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I told you not to take that much horse paste.
Image Image Image Image
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:39 pm stomach flu? You sure?

What am i saying, wifehorn would never let you not know for sure.
Hmmmmm....does his coffee taste like arsenic.....? :shock:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
filly

Post by filly »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:44 pm I told you not to take that much horse paste.
:lol:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Feel better Foggy! Hope this cheers you up -- your pal Amy Kremer says she loves herself some catturd.

Amy Catturd.JPG
Amy Catturd.JPG (57.9 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I survived. That was a bad one. :bag:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Amy was super happy you're feeling better! :P Gave her your number, she wants to Facetime with you; she has some gregorian chants you simply must hear. And after "chanting with Amy", then she wants to update you on her Recall Brad Raffensperger project.

Amy Foggy Call.JPG
Amy Foggy Call.JPG (21.93 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:nope:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”