Food Fight Forum

jemcanada2

Re: Food Fight Forum

Post by jemcanada2 »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:27 pm Pineapple & jalapeños together take pizza to the next, very yummy, level.
I get a pizza at my grocery store that has pulled pork, pineapple, and jalapeño. Delicious.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

zekeb wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:40 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:12 pm This Canadian is ready for a food fight! :boxing: :boxing:

Gravy or vinegar on my french fries. And of course poutine, made with cheese curds.

I also love pineapple on my pizza! :boxing: :boxing:
Ketchup or catsup only on my fries, else naked.

Cheese curds yes. Is it Wisconsin cheese?

Pineapple pizza? Ewww... Italian you ain't.

The cheese curds are from Quebec or Northern Ontario. The curds have to squeak.

I love authentic Italian pizza. There are a lot of pizzerias here that make authentic Italian pizza. Then I also love to commit heresy by eating pineapple on my pizza. :evil: :twisted:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:04 pm The cheese curds are from Quebec or Northern Ontario. The curds have to squeak.

I love authentic Italian pizza. There are a lot of pizzerias here that make authentic Italian pizza. Then I also love to commit heresy by eating pineapple on my pizza. :evil: :twisted:
Cheese curds must squeak. Sometimes people confuse pizza with rarebit.
Largo al factotum.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Who puts whole slices of pineapple on a pizza anyway? You don't put whole mushrooms or whole olives.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:35 pm Who puts whole slices of pineapple on a pizza anyway? You don't put whole mushrooms or whole olives.
You know what they put on slices of pizza in Brazil after it is cooked? Ketchup!
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:35 pm Who puts whole slices of pineapple on a pizza anyway? You don't put whole mushrooms or whole olives.
Yes, they put pineapple tidbits or chunks on the pizza, not a whole slice like that.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:40 pm
You know what they put on slices of pizza in Brazil after it is cooked? Ketchup!
:eek:

That from a ketchup fan!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:45 pm :eek:

That from a ketchup fan!
For real...

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

A few decades ago when I worked for Godfather's Pizza, we had the occasional "Hawaiin Pizza" order which was pineapple and ham (not whole slices). Once, somebody ordered a pizza with, among other things, sauerkraut. We actually had it. I did sit there for a bit staring at the portion diagrams which were decidedly lacking a measure for sauerkraut. I finally turned to the boss to ask, "how much do I put on?"

The process of determining how much was finished when he said, "um, that's good enough."
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yikes!

Do you know which country eats the most pizza?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:40 pm
From my daughter in Brazil.
That's out in the rural areas. Pizza in the city is actually some of the best pizza I've had
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 pm
Estiveo wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:27 pm Pineapple & jalapeños together take pizza to the next, very yummy, level.
I get a pizza at my grocery store that has pulled pork, pineapple, and jalapeño. Delicious.
Yum! Do they deliver?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

A good pizza dough requires pesto, parmesan, Ricotta, asiago, and sun dried tomatoes.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 pm [From my daughter in Brazil.
That's out in the rural areas. Pizza in the city is actually some of the best pizza I've had
Yeah, well Brazil is a huge country geographically ... so there are regional differences with food, just like in the USA. I live in a neighborhood of Lee County with a high concentration of people from Brazil. I'd say half my Florida friends are Brazilian (with 'varying' legal status)--I call it 'little Brazil'). 11 years here has taught me a lot, including the culture.

By the way, they spell the name of the country as "Brasil" -- here is my official jersey from when they hosted the World Cup in 2014...
brasil-futball.jpg
brasil-futball.jpg (67.47 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
I'm going to Brasil sometime in the not distant future... but, my friends said I nee a chaperon if I plan to go outside the tourist areas (which is my plan). So I'm forbidden from going unless they make arrangements for my safety in advance.

Back to food, ask your daughter about the street hot dogs and all the stuff they can be loaded-up with. Hint-- it's not relish, onions, ketchup, mustard.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 pm
Yum! That sounds really good!

My go-to pizza from Jake's in Saratoga (been going there since high school; they have a couple other locations now, but Saratoga is the original & bestest.) is Italian sausage, onion, pineapple, & jalapeño.

Also, a condiment always on hand & 2nd only to sriracha at my house:
Estiveoshot_20210429_124628.jpg
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

My favorite salsa is CaJohn's Raspberry Chipotle. I use La Fiesta Jalapeno Raspberry Sauce on tostadas. Because it's a sauce it's thinner than salsa, but it is oh so yummy.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Burn the witch!
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Watch it, I'll turn you into a newt!

(mmm...newt & pineapple pizza!)
Image Image Image Image
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:16 am Watch it, I'll turn you into a newt!

Foggy'll get better :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:16 am Watch it, I'll turn you into a newt!

Dammit Estiveo! Gingrich is out of politics now.
Largo al factotum.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Best fish tacos? I nominate blackened snapper, with mango salsa and creamy avocado sauce..... from a dive/fish market in Matlacha, Florida. I was only going to get some fish dip to go but then saw they had snapper on the menu today! Yum!

One of these days I'll get brave enough to try to make my own. But I'm a gal from the midwest raised on beef. The only acceptable fish up there, at least among the unwashed, was catfish. At least you could season it and fry it like chicken nuggets. Nobody knew how to cook fish, even in the restaurants. But down here, I'm becoming quite the fan.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In terms of dipping, when I dip whatever potato product I am eating (which I do not always do), I might use ketchup but I also tend to use whatever sauce happened to come with the rest of the meal. Right now, I am dipping tater tots into horseradish sauce. I have dipped fries into the juice from the giardiniera as well.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:02 pm Best fish tacos? I nominate blackened snapper, with mango salsa and creamy avocado sauce..... from a dive/fish market in Matlacha, Florida. I was only going to get some fish dip to go but then saw they had snapper on the menu today! Yum!

One of these days I'll get brave enough to try to make my own. But I'm a gal from the midwest raised on beef. The only acceptable fish up there, at least among the unwashed, was catfish. At least you could season it and fry it like chicken nuggets. Nobody knew how to cook fish, even in the restaurants. But down here, I'm becoming quite the fan.
Yum!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:02 pm Best fish tacos? I nominate blackened snapper, with mango salsa and creamy avocado sauce..... from a dive/fish market in Matlacha, Florida. I was only going to get some fish dip to go but then saw they had snapper on the menu today! Yum!

Yum!
Prefer Mahi-Mahi for fish tacos (no, not a Flipper breed of dolphin -- it's totally different) - with cabbage and drissled with a spicy sauce. Am I being picky?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

America’s Taco Capital Isn’t Where You Think

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brandonsch ... 6400a4ebff

I’m from KC (MO) and I approve this message.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”