Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Jokes

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Re: Jokes

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:48 am
I got 13, but there's no way I would ever be mistaken for Southern. It all came from trying authentic southern food when I was down there for conferences.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I dreamed I ate a 50 lb. marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone. :shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Y'all are surprised, I know.

I went back and counted and I've eaten 13 or 14 of those in the last week.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I'ma 24 on the Southern Test.

Thank you, Shizzle, for the Menopause Rhapsody. I laughed out loud! The Enunciation Apocalypse was great!

pjphimself, I have corrected your joke to be grammatically accurate. Remember, "y'all" is plural. "Knowed" is grammatically correct Southern Speak.
"The owner of the shop interrupts, "Y'all from Alabama, ain't ya?"

"Well...yeah," says a surprised Bubba. "How come y'all you knowed that?"

"Because this is a Dry-Cleaners."
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Liz

Post by Liz »

3... and I went to school in the South.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I got a 20. Part of that's just liking good food, part of that's spending a few days in New Orleans, and part of that's because the Yeti's GF is an amazing baker/chef with roots in Georgia & Alabama.
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

This New England Yankee has eaten 22 of those. :shock:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Can I guess that the image you are all responding to was a Facebook link or post? I can't ever get them here. It's my tight settings for Facebook. But I am curious.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm Can I guess that the image you are all responding to was a Facebook link or post? I can't ever get them here. It's my tight settings for Facebook. But I am curious.
Estiveoshot_20210603_093644.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210603_093432.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:37 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm Can I guess that the image you are all responding to was a Facebook link or post? I can't ever get them here. It's my tight settings for Facebook. But I am curious.
Estiveoshot_20210603_093644.jpg
Thanks!

I had pig's feet as a young kid here. It's also Hungarian. :biggrin: I didn't necessarily like everything out of the 19, though.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:32 am I'ma 24 on the Southern Test.

Thank you, Shizzle, for the Menopause Rhapsody. I laughed out loud! The Enunciation Apocalypse was great!

pjphimself, I have corrected your joke to be grammatically accurate. Remember, "y'all" is plural. "Knowed" is grammatically correct Southern Speak.

I'm not from the south, but I always thought that "y'all" was singular, the plural form being "all y'all".
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

ad0e9e.jpg
ad0e9e.jpg (104.64 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:32 am I'ma 24 on the Southern Test.

I'm not from the south, but I always thought that "y'all" was singular, the plural form being "all y'all".
Y'all is always plural. You all. All y'all is usually used for emphasis.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:04 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:48 am
I got 13, but there's no way I would ever be mistaken for Southern. It all came from trying authentic southern food when I was down there for conferences.
I also scored 13. I almost bet the same 13, too. :lol:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 am 34.
Y'all are surprised, I know.

I went back and counted and I've eaten 13 or 14 of those in the last week.
But the big question is which ones HAVEN’T you eaten? Also too, why not?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Souse, Brunswick stew and Burgoo. I have no idea what any of those are and have never seen any of them on a menu around here. Same with liver mush. No clue what it is.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm Souse, Brunswick stew and Burgoo. I have no idea what any of those are and have never seen any of them on a menu around here. Same with liver mush. No clue what it is.
I was surprised to see Brunswick stew on the list, but it's one of the ones I've had and it's the only one I've cooked. I assumed that, because of its heartiness (I defy you to finish a 16-ounce bowl of it), that it was a far northern thing. More Maine, Minnesota or Canada than Mobile or Biloxi. One can imagine a hobnail booted, plaid shirted lumberjack coming home to the cabin and having this for dinner. Certainly a better calorie source for a lumberjack than buttered scones for tea.

Here's the recipe I use for Brunswick stew. We make up a triple helping of this in December, freeze it in Ziplocs, and eat off of it for several months during the winter, when it really hits the spot. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/55610 ... wick-stew/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:55 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:50 pm Souse, Brunswick stew and Burgoo. I have no idea what any of those are and have never seen any of them on a menu around here. Same with liver mush. No clue what it is.
I was surprised to see Brunswick stew on the list, but it's one of the ones I've had and it's the only one I've cooked. I assumed that, because of its heartiness (I defy you to finish a 16-ounce bowl of it), that it was a far northern thing. More Maine, Minnesota or Canada than Mobile or Biloxi. One can imagine a hobnail booted, plaid shirted lumberjack coming home to the cabin and having this for dinner. Certainly a better calorie source for a lumberjack than buttered scones for tea.

Here's the recipe I use for Brunswick stew. We make up a triple helping of this in December, freeze it in Ziplocs, and eat off of it for several months during the winter, when it really hits the spot. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/55610 ... wick-stew/
To be honest, that's a recipe I would look at and move on. I can pretty much guarantee I'm not going to be cooking anything that calls for a cup of ketchup. Or a tablespoon, even. Ketchup notwithstanding, the rest of it doesn't much appeal to me either. But who am I to judge? We had bacon grease salad and cream cheese souffle for supper last night, and pear salad for a snack.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I scored 22, have never lived in the south, and dont have a clue what some of them are.

I have had pigs feet, dont care for them, bu they are not bad. SWMBO loves them, and she is Australian, not southern. She tells the story of going to a rather upmarket french restaurant in Melbourne for girls night out and they had pigs feet on special that night. 5 of the 6 ordered them and the chef came out to make sure his leg wasnt being pulled.

EDIT. 23. Now that Ive reviewed the Brunwick stew recipe I realize its the recipe my mother called 'stew'.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
somerset

Post by somerset »

I scored 18, with a number of them being staples in the Philippines, China and Singapore.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

e7f3aa.jpg
e7f3aa.jpg (48.07 KiB) Viewed 5586 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Does the southern food count if we knew it by a different name? I've had lima beans but never heard of "butter beans."

Also, does it count if we ate it but thought it was disgusting? I'm almost certain boiled peanuts are a prank native Georgians pull on out-of-state vehicles.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Boiled peanuts are fabulous! We buy the green peanuts in sleeves and boil them all day in the gumbo pot, then make ourselves sick eating way too many of them.

A friend of mine was stationed in Maryland in the 70s and we used to ship him cases of canned boiled peanuts periodically.

Return to “The Funny”